Codfish?

Codfish?

March 9th, 2012, 3:00 pm #1

Sorry am new to this terminology. I get whats going on but what is the codfish all about? Regardless, i am very interested in making a two pumper that gets high velocity like below. I was wondering if anyone could help explain the mechanics of how this system works so that i i have a better understanding of it and can start on my own design. Any information is helpful....thank you.

March 9th, 2012, 3:05 pm #2

March 9th, 2012, 3:24 pm #3

everything there is to know about airguns. Knowledge is power, and this is a great place to get knowledge. But basically i was looking for the mechanics how that works with getting more pressure with less pumps.

March 9th, 2012, 3:28 pm #4

Last edited by robnewyork on March 9th, 2012, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 9th, 2012, 5:38 pm #5

Sorry am new to this terminology. I get whats going on but what is the codfish all about? Regardless, i am very interested in making a two pumper that gets high velocity like below. I was wondering if anyone could help explain the mechanics of how this system works so that i i have a better understanding of it and can start on my own design. Any information is helpful....thank you.
Fish and airguns go together quite well. I use codfish oil to lube my springers and it makes a nice fish fry smell when the gun diesels. BTW, hushpuppies make good targets too.
Perch and bluegil are also good, but crappy is best for airguns.
I have several crappy airguns!

I plink, therefore I am.

March 9th, 2012, 5:38 pm #6

But I understood that Phil accomplished the deed with only a single factory stroke and not additional swept volume.

Also, Phil does not incorporate a "valve" as we understand it per airgun terminology. He is simply using compression ratio for SSP format. If he chooses the MSP format he will need a valve.

March 9th, 2012, 9:24 pm #7

Fish and airguns go together quite well. I use codfish oil to lube my springers and it makes a nice fish fry smell when the gun diesels. BTW, hushpuppies make good targets too.
Perch and bluegil are also good, but crappy is best for airguns.
I have several crappy airguns!

I plink, therefore I am.
there's a term Ive not herad for a while.....

The grandparents pound is stock full of them, And grandma knew how to clean and cook them..... All I get to eat now is trout....

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

March 9th, 2012, 9:51 pm #8

I think I would rather eat a carp than the trout around here so I feel for you....these trout would be good for striper bait but that is illegal.

March 9th, 2012, 10:08 pm #9

there's a term Ive not herad for a while.....

The grandparents pound is stock full of them, And grandma knew how to clean and cook them..... All I get to eat now is trout....

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic
Used to fish with my grandparents and had lots of bluegills, perch and sunfish. MMMMMMMMMMM I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! LOL

I plink, therefore I am.

March 9th, 2012, 10:17 pm #10

But I understood that Phil accomplished the deed with only a single factory stroke and not additional swept volume.

Also, Phil does not incorporate a "valve" as we understand it per airgun terminology. He is simply using compression ratio for SSP format. If he chooses the MSP format he will need a valve.