camps and fires

camps and fires

June 12th, 2012, 3:54 am #1

With the 39x, there seems to be two camps. Valve stuffing, and the opposite 2X.3x,6x etc.

I seem to have found myself in the X camp, though counting pumps can be distracting... time to add a gauge and more volume!

Which fire do you stare at?

June 12th, 2012, 4:49 am #2

While i am very much an airconservationist, i also recognize simplcity......

My AC397 to 12 - 14 pumps to charge, and 4 or five to bring back to full charge. 5 pumps is much eaiser than 8.
but runnig the 1377 to 10 pumps doenst seem that big a deal.

I think I stare at the Efficiency fire. Wring every bit of oomph you can from any given platform.....

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

June 12th, 2012, 3:19 pm #3

And I'm of the opinion that lots of pumps are a lot of motions I don't want.

But, need to shoot over the speed trap some more. Rain in the forecast ;(

June 12th, 2012, 3:41 pm #4

With the 39x, there seems to be two camps. Valve stuffing, and the opposite 2X.3x,6x etc.

I seem to have found myself in the X camp, though counting pumps can be distracting... time to add a gauge and more volume!

Which fire do you stare at?
I'd like to have it shoot 600 to 650 on 4 pumps in .22 caliber. 700 to 800 on 6 or 8 pumps would also be nice

If I could do it while dumping all the air that would be fine, except those four pumps would probably be horrible to pump.

If I could do it by first pumping 10 times and from then on 4 light strokes to get to 600 to 650fps I could get to liking that. If 5 to 6 strokes could get me to 700, woo hoo!

Staring into the fire is OK. My grandpa used to tell me playing in the fire would make you pee the bed. LOL

I plink, therefore I am.

June 12th, 2012, 5:20 pm #5

im not sure im on the same pages, so to speak, in this matter. a more detailed understanding is needed. it has been my understanding , that the most effecient pumper expended all of the compressed air with each shot. that a "reserve" would make the next shot inconsistent if the "reserve volume was an unknown quantity. as far as i can tell,without some kind of gauge on the chamber,the volume/pressure of reserve is estimated at best.
a crash course in this would be most helpful.

June 12th, 2012, 8:13 pm #6

you will either have to count pumps, install a guage or a pop up indicator.

But, yes we want to save air.

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

June 12th, 2012, 9:02 pm #7

I was very pleased to see that the pell and gun accuracy exceeded my own. (bench vs "a leaning brace sudo off hand)

using only pump arm resistance and effort to judge fill pressure.

Since the 392 is my choice for just that type of shooting, and that type alone, t'werks for me!

I will install a fitting for a gauge sometime soon however. It's the BLING factor!