Black Diamond 782 seal replacement help

Black Diamond 782 seal replacement help

May 26th, 2012, 3:53 pm #1

I need to replace the seal on my Black Diamond as it was leaking from the area where the CO2 cart sits. I have the parts and have the gun mostly disassembled, but can't seem to get the guts (I think its called the valve assembly) out of the body tube. Looking at the EVP, I am trying to remove the parts from 782A002 to 782-019 (they all assemble inside the body tube). I have everything else removed, except 781-054. Any advice or help would be appreciate as this is the gun I have set up for my kids to shoot.

Thank you.

God bless,
Michael V.

May 26th, 2012, 4:21 pm #2

Parts 781-054 are bushings for the valve which the screws feet through fro the clam shell reciever. They should pop right out. If not, use a dental pick to reach in and pull them out.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

May 26th, 2012, 4:30 pm #3

No, the valve assembly is not out, that's my big problem. I can't figure out how it is supposed to come out. I will try to get 781-054 out and see if the valve assembly comes after after removing them. Now I need to find a dental pick or similar.

Thank you for your help and quick response.

God bless,
Michael V.
Last edited by Mavrick13927 on May 26th, 2012, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 26th, 2012, 5:07 pm #4

Push the valve from the back to the front of the tube. Credit, all items have to be removed from the tube. Strip the gun down to just the bare tube with valve in it. Remove the transfer port material, then remove the two bushings located at 90 degrees to the transfer port. Now push the valve out.

Note: Many Crosman guns use a stamping on the tube directly behind the valve to act as a stop for the valve to rest against. This is is mainly found on pump guns, which requires the valve to be pushed from the back to the front of the tube. If the gun has no such stamping in the tube located right behind the rear of the valve location, you will be able to push the valve out either direction.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."
Last edited by Duane30 on May 26th, 2012, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 30th, 2012, 1:33 am #5

I finally got the valve out, man those bushings were a bear to get out. Anyway, a few more questions.

The valve assembly, it looks like a special tool is needed to unscrew the pieces, what is it? It looks like an oversized flat head screw driver could do it, but I have yet to find anything that big.

The part that unscrews, part 338-041, I assume its a normal counter clock wise is off threading. is this a correct assumption? I would hate to strip that brass.

Last one for now. What oil should I use to lube this all up again when I reassemble.

Thanks for your help.

God bless,
Michael V.