Benjamin Marauder pistol...any new mods?......nt

Benjamin Marauder pistol...any new mods?......nt

May 13th, 2011, 5:46 am #1

Thanks!

May 13th, 2011, 7:46 am #2

Got one in for my brother recently. Before even getting it here he wanted more power.
After shooting it, he said the power was fine, and we discovered that it shoots preditors into one ragged hole at 25 yards.....so there really was nothing to have to do to it.

We have not, however tested to 50 yards yet, and that is where a lot of ground squirrel shooting happens for us.

May 13th, 2011, 2:38 pm #3

Very cool,

I also do a lot of ground squirrel hunting and most of my shots are 50yds and beyond as well. When I took the p-rod out for a go I found it was too light for me! Your thinking this guy is crazy, every hunter likes a light rifle. Anyway the gun shot pretty good but I found my accuracy decreased because I was normally used to shooting a gun above 8 lbs of weight, the prod felt more like a toy gun (I only use it with the stock only...carbine mode) than a real hunter, but I will say it had enough power to do the job. I found that predators shot fairly well in the gun. I was getting excellent results with premiers and even the JSB's. I ended up adding a 17 inch barrel that really made the suckers fly! At first after adding the longer barrel I was getting about 130fps gains, but after the transfer port mod, it shot up quite a bit, I'll chrono it this weekend.

Have a nice weekend!

May 13th, 2011, 3:17 pm #4

I have 100 yards cleard for shooting, + there is two miles of field at my back yard property line that can be used....the owners like that I keep the squirrel population down.

May 13th, 2011, 7:06 pm #5

Thanks!
the guns are starting to get a lot of traction.

I'll be into mine when I can but I won't have much time in the near future so I'm going to shoot it stock with minor adjusting and take notes from the folks that have had one for a while and are into them.

May 14th, 2011, 6:46 pm #6

Thanks!