AS2250TX Pressurized Tube: Preliminary Numbers

AS2250TX Pressurized Tube: Preliminary Numbers

May 3rd, 2011, 5:06 pm #1

The tube is now made of 318 seamless stainless steel. Fully pressurized. 2400psi behind the valve.

Gets uglier by the day:
[/IMG]

Gets prettier by the day:
[/IMG]

I hoped for a boost in power, but I didn't think it would ever come this close to kissing 50fpe. About 49.25fpe.

Sorry. Didn't take any photos of the endcap, inlet seal, valve, or porting. I do have CAD drawings so I will post them if anyone's interested. I like the Green forum. It's the Linux of airgun mods.

I spent quite a bit of time with the transfer port. The hole size is #18 drill bit. Made sure that there are no irregularities in the air passage. All joints are aligned and sealed with urethane adhesive/sealant used for repairing wetsuits.

I'm done with this project for the foreseeable future. Time to go hunting. Time to build that 9mm.

-Jim

May 3rd, 2011, 5:09 pm #2

That is some great power from such a build.
Incredible.
Congratulations!!

Edit: please e-mail me at your leisure.
Would love to see your drawing files if
you are still willing to share them.
brushybillguide@yahoo.com
Last edited by BrushyBill on May 3rd, 2011, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 3rd, 2011, 5:44 pm #3

Let me know if you prefer one file format over another.

-Jim

May 3rd, 2011, 8:40 pm #4

Any of these will do whether in 2 or 3D
thanks

3DS: AutoDesk 3D Studio format. See 3DS File Import Setup or 3DS File Export Setup.

3DV: VRML Worlds (import only)

BMF: FloorPlan format (import only).

BMP: Bitmap format, TurboCAD for Windows (export only). A bitmap is a representation of a graphic image consisting of rows and columns of dots. See BMP Export Setup.

CGM: Computer Graphics Metafile (import only)

DC, DCD: DesignCAD (import only)

DGN: Intergraph Standard file format. See DGN Import Setup or DGN Export Setup.

DWF: Drawing Web format. See DWF Export Setup.

DWG: AutoCAD native format for vector graphics. See DXF (DWG) Import Setup or DXF (DWG) Export Setup.

DXF: Drawing eXchange format, used by AutoCAD to interact with other applications.

EPS: Encapsulated Post Script format. See EPS Import Setup or EPS Export Setup

FCD: FastCAD DOS format (import only)

FCW: FastCAD Windows format (import only). See FCW Import Setup.

FP3: FloorPlan format (import only). See FP3 Import Setup.

GEO: VRML Worlds (import only)

IGS: IGES format. See IGS Import Setup.

May 3rd, 2011, 8:41 pm #5

The tube is now made of 318 seamless stainless steel. Fully pressurized. 2400psi behind the valve.

Gets uglier by the day:
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I hoped for a boost in power, but I didn't think it would ever come this close to kissing 50fpe. About 49.25fpe.

Sorry. Didn't take any photos of the endcap, inlet seal, valve, or porting. I do have CAD drawings so I will post them if anyone's interested. I like the Green forum. It's the Linux of airgun mods.

I spent quite a bit of time with the transfer port. The hole size is #18 drill bit. Made sure that there are no irregularities in the air passage. All joints are aligned and sealed with urethane adhesive/sealant used for repairing wetsuits.

I'm done with this project for the foreseeable future. Time to go hunting. Time to build that 9mm.

-Jim
I just got a 2250 XT for a power build. If you are willing to share some of you info on this build Please e-mail me. Thanks for sharing what you have thus far. IZZY

izzyc1@hotmail.com

May 3rd, 2011, 9:54 pm #6

Gets uglier by the day:
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

-Jim
WOW Jim that's one very impressive Bunny Thumper! I like how you kept the stock side transfer tube. 49.25 fpe is so awesome! Now you've really got my gears a turnin! Can't wait to see the 9mm!!!

May 3rd, 2011, 11:32 pm #7

Gets uglier by the day:
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

-Jim
I have one of these on HPA also, but I'm in the 20+ FPE range. I too would like some additional info on that side transfer tube. That was the only limiting factor I ran into on these guns. I wish Crosman had not discontinued these, they are just begging for HPA conversions. Great build and holy cow impressive power. How many shots do you get from your tank? I assume it's a 13 CUIN.

Casey

P.S. Mine is regulated to 1600 PSI.

I am truly impressed sir.

May 4th, 2011, 4:39 am #8

Gets uglier by the day:
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

-Jim
That's very impressive, good job. And the gun looks good too.

S.W.A.G. it!

May 5th, 2011, 2:16 am #9

I have one of these on HPA also, but I'm in the 20+ FPE range. I too would like some additional info on that side transfer tube. That was the only limiting factor I ran into on these guns. I wish Crosman had not discontinued these, they are just begging for HPA conversions. Great build and holy cow impressive power. How many shots do you get from your tank? I assume it's a 13 CUIN.

Casey

P.S. Mine is regulated to 1600 PSI.

I am truly impressed sir.
Hi Casie! Jim didn't do anything with the side transfer tube. When he made his new main pressure tube he was able to use one o-ring on the front part of the transfer tube instead of the double o-ring and metal washer which allows him to run pressures over 1800psi without blowing out those little o-rings. If you want more power without doing what Jim did you just need to do more valve work- Jim and I were or I still am for right now running on 1600psi and the enclosed valve, he was and I am right now are getting over 30fpe with a 25.4gr pellet and with a 14.3gr pellet 27-28fpe depending on the pellets. You'll have to convert your valve to the external spring and drill the end cap out and this will help you gain a few more fpe. I've got pics of mine on here somewhere just search 007 and it should come up if not let me know and I'll get you some pics. I've been working on plans on doing what Jim did but he beat me to it, but mine I'm hoping will be done in a month or two.

Dave
Last edited by Yellowdman on May 6th, 2011, 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 5th, 2011, 5:36 am #10

Gets uglier by the day:
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

-Jim
hi jim was wondering if you could email me those drawings and any info you can give me on how you got it to these numbers in 22 i am working on one for hunting pest control of coons thanks oh and i use hekscad and skethup sketchup prefered thank
court

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]