are bull pups easier to shoot...

are bull pups easier to shoot...

August 15th, 2012, 1:47 pm #1

off hand. or are the harder because the center of balance is farther back in the gun. im thinking about building a bull pup for field target. also whats the minimum velocity for a ft gun in .177. i hear most shoot around 850 to 900. is this right?

August 15th, 2012, 2:55 pm #2

August 15th, 2012, 3:24 pm #3

and if the bull pup is easier to shoot for some, then they will be more accurate.

But that all presupposes the gun's action is up to it from the get go....

And I think there'd be some ergonomic advantage. HFT maybe not, but from a siting postion in a FT harness, yea it could work

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

August 15th, 2012, 3:24 pm #4

off hand. or are the harder because the center of balance is farther back in the gun. im thinking about building a bull pup for field target. also whats the minimum velocity for a ft gun in .177. i hear most shoot around 850 to 900. is this right?
aafta.org for the rules.

grab the handbook and read it a coupel of times

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

August 16th, 2012, 12:15 pm #5

... ease of sitting/hiding in a vehicle while shooting out of a window of said vehicle? lol

I'd like to try one someday to see, but generally I do prefer a more muzzle heavy rifle.

I plink, therefore I am.