Anyone put an aftermarket barrel on a Cr 1400?

Anyone put an aftermarket barrel on a Cr 1400?

June 10th, 2011, 11:08 pm #1

A LW or other premium barrel?

June 10th, 2011, 11:26 pm #2

...Crosman steel breech with Crosman barrel. Sold it here a few years ago.

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

June 13th, 2011, 2:07 pm #3

Will the same 2240 steel breach fit on on a CR1400 or is there some
major modding needed? I've always wanted a grooved receiver for mounting
a scope.

June 13th, 2011, 11:38 pm #4

...holes align - rear and transfer hole. The little tiny breech screw located in the pellet channel does not. All you have to do is drill a new hole in the tube and tap it, if memory serves. The front end plug barrel support on the 1400 needs filed down/removed to allow the new barrel obstruction free fit.

Depending on which breech you use (central hole loaction) a new internal collar may be needed in the 1400. The collar mentioned is the part which looks like a shaft collar (that's exactly what it is actually) that the factory barrel/breech secures to. I used one that is the same I.D. and O.D. but a little longer. I drilled the mentioned breech screw hole with all the internals together/in place (for proper alignment). took it apart to clean the drilling debris out, then tapped the hole, reassebled gun.

Major improvement of the 1400 indeed. Now now scope mounting issues.

Since the aftermarket breech kits out there have the same hole placings as Crosman (of course!), a 1400 fitted with a Crosmods breech and shroud is on my list of possible creations...

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."