Anybody making buttstock suitable to 13xx or 22xx???

Anybody making buttstock suitable to 13xx or 22xx???

June 24th, 2012, 12:14 pm #1

I have cal .45 pistol which looks similar to DAQ big bore pistols. Crosman grip frames fitted to hefty reservoir and action.

I have walnut grips and forestock similar to superpumper pump arm. These are fine with 14" barrel, but I have one barrel which is 20" long, and that's little too long for pistol grips.

So, I need a stock like extended grips or complete new stock

What I'm thinking is stock like this

[/img]

(that picture is of crooked barn carbine )

Or, I'm thinking great looking stocks like those Steve Corcoran made. Are there makers who do stocks like this???

[/img]

Crosman's own wooden stock is quite good looking too but, in my opinion, it's bit too expensive as it's not made of walnut....

Bythe way, one limiting factor regarding me is that I'm living in old continent, and not all US manufacturers are willing or cabable to ship to europe.

Regards,

Sepeteus

Last edited by zepeteus on June 24th, 2012, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 24th, 2012, 1:42 pm #2

2260 extended forearm. Can't seem to get one for love or money! Nobody this side of the pond seems to be bothering. They all focus on metal work and nobody is interested in stocks or grips. I don't know why some U.S suppliers will not supply the U.K. Seems daft!

June 24th, 2012, 9:11 pm #3

I have cal .45 pistol which looks similar to DAQ big bore pistols. Crosman grip frames fitted to hefty reservoir and action.

I have walnut grips and forestock similar to superpumper pump arm. These are fine with 14" barrel, but I have one barrel which is 20" long, and that's little too long for pistol grips.

[/img]

Or, I'm thinking great looking stocks like those Steve Corcoran made. Are there makers who do stocks like this???

[/img]

Crosman's own wooden stock is quite good looking too but, in my opinion, it's bit too expensive as it's not made of walnut....

Bythe way, one limiting factor regarding me is that I'm living in old continent, and not all US manufacturers are willing or cabable to ship to europe.

Regards,

Sepeteus

Have recently started test firing/tweaking this .32 and have been eyeing a .45 barrel leaning against the workbench.

Pressure tube is 1"od.

[/IMG]

Al

June 25th, 2012, 5:01 am #4

I have two of the RB wood stocks that im gonna be parting with in the near future.

Dave

June 25th, 2012, 7:03 pm #5

[/img]

[/img]

Regards,

Sepeteus

I've made a few stocks from plywood following something I saw on a forum from across the pond a few years ago. Don't remember which one it was now. For a 22xx or 13xx stock you need three layers of a nice grade of plywood (ply stock? plyboard?), the middle layer needs to be about 1/2" thick (as thick as the widest part of the grip frame). 3/8" or 1/2" could be used for the outer two layers. Don't know what metric sizes of plywood are. You could use "real" wood as long as the thickness was right. Basically cut the middle layer so it fits the profile of the grip frame and then attach the outer layers. Cuts down on the complication and time of doing the inletting. You'll need to gouge a few grooves to clear the grip panel locating pins too.
Once the inletting is done you can focus on the looks.

This one is three layers of 1/2" plywood...

This one has 3/8" plywood for the outer layers...

I plink, therefore I am.

June 25th, 2012, 8:16 pm #6

[/img]

[/img]

Regards,

Sepeteus

in the UK. might take abit of searching, or just quiz some one from a local club about stock work.

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

June 26th, 2012, 7:22 pm #7

This is my "pistol" with 14" barrel. With 20 inch barrel it looks even less pistol-like, haha

June 26th, 2012, 7:40 pm #8

Mine's bigger! It has a 24" barrel

I plink, therefore I am.

June 26th, 2012, 8:12 pm #9

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

June 26th, 2012, 9:19 pm #10

This is my "pistol" with 14" barrel. With 20 inch barrel it looks even less pistol-like, haha

Have a link to more pics?

Thanks

Al