Another Crosman 1377 rifle update

Another Crosman 1377 rifle update

August 13th, 2012, 11:39 am #1

For those that care, I've gotten the butt stock glued up and have begun the work of chipping away all the wood that doesn't look like a gun stock. Also have the first parts of the forend glued up. I cut out the pieces that will become the forend and then cut out the middle piece to fit around the pump lever. Then one side is glued on. After that the piece is held up to the pump arm and the location for the mounting pin holes are marked and the holes drilled. Then it will be easy to just drill through the first side to locate the holes on the second.

Here's the rifle as of last night...

I'm thinking I will have to rework the trigger as it's looking a bit long now that the stock is closer to final shape. Still gotta round over the comb and decide what, if any, buttplate will be used. Kinda going for a retro vintage airgun look (using an older 1377 cocking knob too) so I may not use a butt plate/pad.

I plink, therefore I am.

August 13th, 2012, 12:33 pm #2

August 13th, 2012, 12:53 pm #3

Thanks.
I'm kinda incorporating styling cues from various old air guns.

I'm already planning another one that will use a 2200 tube and have a less vintage look to it.
Gotta get the first one done before I get too deep in the plans for another though! LOL

I plink, therefore I am.
Last edited by airgunandy on August 13th, 2012, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 13th, 2012, 2:35 pm #4

August 13th, 2012, 2:49 pm #5

For those that care, I've gotten the butt stock glued up and have begun the work of chipping away all the wood that doesn't look like a gun stock. Also have the first parts of the forend glued up. I cut out the pieces that will become the forend and then cut out the middle piece to fit around the pump lever. Then one side is glued on. After that the piece is held up to the pump arm and the location for the mounting pin holes are marked and the holes drilled. Then it will be easy to just drill through the first side to locate the holes on the second.

Here's the rifle as of last night...

I'm thinking I will have to rework the trigger as it's looking a bit long now that the stock is closer to final shape. Still gotta round over the comb and decide what, if any, buttplate will be used. Kinda going for a retro vintage airgun look (using an older 1377 cocking knob too) so I may not use a butt plate/pad.

I plink, therefore I am.
Andy and Airgunnirvana thought of it, how many other out there would like a similar setup?

Looking good Andy!

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

August 13th, 2012, 4:46 pm #6

discontinued for lack of sales IIRC.

Or perhaps to increase the bottom line? Think about how much extra you spend buying the pistol and then buying parts to convert it. How much extra are you being charged for "loose" parts than that same part when it's factory installed?

They are a business after all...not in it for fun. As I heard it, they didn't start the custom shop until after market parts producers showed them that there was a lucrative market in modding these things.

Al

August 13th, 2012, 5:18 pm #7

The 1399 and 2289 aren't the same thing. We're talking about a rifle that looks like "real" rifle. Not a pistol with attachments.

They sell tons of 760's and 2100's. They LOOK like "real" rifles. LOL

I plink, therefore I am.

August 13th, 2012, 5:48 pm #8

It's a 2260 barrel. No performance enhancements so no Chrony numbers yet.

I plink, therefore I am.

August 13th, 2012, 6:18 pm #9

The 1399 and 2289 aren't the same thing. We're talking about a rifle that looks like "real" rifle. Not a pistol with attachments.

They sell tons of 760's and 2100's. They LOOK like "real" rifles. LOL

I plink, therefore I am.
Perhaps I mis-interpreted "So why dont we see a 13xx based carbine?"?

Stuff happens.

Al

August 13th, 2012, 7:00 pm #10

Makes me wonder if Andy and/or AirgunNirvana's design had been part of Crosmans line up "back in the day", would its market acceptance be different?

sigh, guess we wont know.... 

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic