An apology to all members of this forum.

An apology to all members of this forum.

March 27th, 2011, 3:09 pm #1

A post made to another forum had been brought to my attention, and after reading it, I have to admit that the opinion expressed in that post was indeed correct.

That post I allude to, deals with my former support of Grant Stace, an individual I once thought to be a friend, but has now proven to me to be so vile that I am repulsed by the mere mention of his name. I had known this individual for over ten years, and my experiences with him up until just recently contrasted dramatically with those I had read about, and foolishly, I refused to accept the truthfulness of the startling allegations of others. This is no longer the case.

I had remained loyal to someone that I had considered a long time friend, and stood up for him when I foolishly believed that he was being unjustly persecuted by others. I had noticed a change in his demeanor over the past while, and had tried, behind the scenes, to help him, but to no avail. I was jolted to reality when that former "friend" turned on me like a rabid animal, leaving me in shock and disbelief.

Having now realized how foolish I had been, I posted a public rebuke of this individual on the forums that I frequent. (Only after having received permission from the Forum Owners, or Moderators). I had also apologized to many that I knew I had offended, via e-mail, and I was fortunate that these individuals were all very understanding and supportive. For that I am very appreciative.

However, as pointed out, my apologies did not extend to those here on the forum whom I may have arbitrarily offended, or to those I may have offended collaterally. Therefore, I would like to apologize to everyone here for my actions in support of that vile individual, and for any disruptions to your enjoyment of this forum that resulted. I am ashamed to admit that I was foolish enough to have fallen for this individual's deceitful schemes, but I am not too proud to admit it. I screwed up, and I hope that folks here can forgive me, and we can all move forward.

I would also like to extend a public apology to Tim, at MAC-1 with regard to my thread not too long ago, regarding the bolt lug issue. I now realize that my posts were of an over-zealous nature, and I respect Tim for keeping the tone of his responses to me as civil as he did. I reacted badly to that thread being deleted, and again, apologize to all parties concerned.
Tim is a respected member of the airgun community, and has earned that respect through decades of service to that community, and continues to provide an invaluable service to airgunners worldwide. I showed disrespect, and for that I am sorry.
Last edited by leonardj on March 27th, 2011, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 27th, 2011, 3:20 pm #2

Many of us were jolted by Grant's change to the dark side. I am one of them. I am glad you realized his true nature.

As my father would say, Its takes a real man to see his own weaknesses and faults, and to apologize for them.

You have always been and always will be a valuable asset to this forum.

Ernie the Eyeball
Last edited by askernie on March 27th, 2011, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 27th, 2011, 3:44 pm #3

A post made to another forum had been brought to my attention, and after reading it, I have to admit that the opinion expressed in that post was indeed correct.

That post I allude to, deals with my former support of Grant Stace, an individual I once thought to be a friend, but has now proven to me to be so vile that I am repulsed by the mere mention of his name. I had known this individual for over ten years, and my experiences with him up until just recently contrasted dramatically with those I had read about, and foolishly, I refused to accept the truthfulness of the startling allegations of others. This is no longer the case.

I had remained loyal to someone that I had considered a long time friend, and stood up for him when I foolishly believed that he was being unjustly persecuted by others. I had noticed a change in his demeanor over the past while, and had tried, behind the scenes, to help him, but to no avail. I was jolted to reality when that former "friend" turned on me like a rabid animal, leaving me in shock and disbelief.

Having now realized how foolish I had been, I posted a public rebuke of this individual on the forums that I frequent. (Only after having received permission from the Forum Owners, or Moderators). I had also apologized to many that I knew I had offended, via e-mail, and I was fortunate that these individuals were all very understanding and supportive. For that I am very appreciative.

However, as pointed out, my apologies did not extend to those here on the forum whom I may have arbitrarily offended, or to those I may have offended collaterally. Therefore, I would like to apologize to everyone here for my actions in support of that vile individual, and for any disruptions to your enjoyment of this forum that resulted. I am ashamed to admit that I was foolish enough to have fallen for this individual's deceitful schemes, but I am not too proud to admit it. I screwed up, and I hope that folks here can forgive me, and we can all move forward.

I would also like to extend a public apology to Tim, at MAC-1 with regard to my thread not too long ago, regarding the bolt lug issue. I now realize that my posts were of an over-zealous nature, and I respect Tim for keeping the tone of his responses to me as civil as he did. I reacted badly to that thread being deleted, and again, apologize to all parties concerned.
Tim is a respected member of the airgun community, and has earned that respect through decades of service to that community, and continues to provide an invaluable service to airgunners worldwide. I showed disrespect, and for that I am sorry.
Know exactly how you feel. Don't lose a minute of sleep over it. Even though your relationship lasted a lifetime compared to most, Grant Stace was never your friend.

Regards,
Michael Chavka

Success is not an entitlement.

March 27th, 2011, 4:04 pm #4

I am deeply sorry that what you thought was
a friendship, turned out the way it did.
This particular person is on a collision course
with disaster.
It is sad to see, but the guy has no one to
blame but himself.

I have always looked forward to reading your post,
and will continue to do so.

Thanks for taking the time.

March 27th, 2011, 4:23 pm #5

...that a member not only can often build quality aftermarket compnents for us, but also can continue to respect our opinions and virtues, free of derailed email responses; this creates a respected member. With that also brings to mind when a member can reflect on situational events and then realize the full scope of things.

Sad as it is, only one can speculate the full nature of the madness going on there.

I dunno' what the problem is. I too can only speculate. Been there and learned myself.

Here's good advice, to quote a friend of mine (paraphrased): "If everyone around you appears messed up in your opionion, maybe the problem is you". Great advice for Mr. Stace.

I'm sure we all can accept your apology.

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

Last edited by Duane30 on March 27th, 2011, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 27th, 2011, 4:37 pm #6

but the truth does come out as others will contest.i was there ,no longer. kinda sad to see a ship sink and that ship is sinking

TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

March 27th, 2011, 4:59 pm #7

So I understand your holding on to the image of the friend you knew, in the face of changes. It's sad, and scary, when someone you know seems to go off the deep end.I don't think you did anything wrong.
Last edited by classicalgas on March 27th, 2011, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 27th, 2011, 6:13 pm #8

Most of us completely understand what happened because we were in that boat at one time too. I hold no grudge against you whatsoever and hope you and all the rest of the guys I may have slighted while defending him will forgive me as well. Consider it a lesson learned, I do.

March 27th, 2011, 10:34 pm #9

literally The thing about Tim at Mac1 is this is not his first rodeo and he is good staying on when the bucking goes on.

The conversation between you and Tim I found very informative and led me to adding a little oring infront of my LD knob and it took care of the gap

Adam in SoCal
AKA WalkOnKing
http://www.airgunartisans.com/AAAdamVigil.htm
http://www.talonairgun.com

March 28th, 2011, 12:38 am #10

I think things are well on their way to being reconciled in an amocable manner. I know for the longest time it was a poison running though one of my favorite hobbies, to the point that guns sat in cases and cabinets, tools stayed behind closed doors, everything tainted by anger but things are changing. I've reconnected and connected with local shooters, guns have been taken out, tested and repaired, unfinished projects collected up from under the piles that held them, and time spent making the parts to finish them.

it's been a long dark stretch,