760 powermaster

760 powermaster

December 28th, 2008, 9:34 pm #1

Hello guys I have an old 760 that doesn't hold air at all it belonged to one of my Boy Scouts and he gave it to me to try to fix it so he could give it back to his grandfather for his next birthday. whitch o rings should I start with to see if it's worth repairing????

December 28th, 2008, 10:11 pm #2

There is a thread on this subject, just scroll down a bit and you should find it. KD

December 29th, 2008, 2:26 am #3

crooked barn has everything you need just did one for my dad. It was $35.00 for a pre 1970 760

December 29th, 2008, 3:31 pm #4

Hello guys I have an old 760 that doesn't hold air at all it belonged to one of my Boy Scouts and he gave it to me to try to fix it so he could give it back to his grandfather for his next birthday. whitch o rings should I start with to see if it's worth repairing????
I can't imagine seals for that rifle costing more than $15.

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."

December 29th, 2008, 9:28 pm #5

Hi,

You can also try B&A @ http://www.bryanandac.com/parts.htm; they have pretty much every part you can imagine. Re-seal kits come with all the parts, diagrams, and instructions. They may not be cheap though, I think I paid about 28$ for my 760 kit a couple years ago. But the thing still holds air today like it did when I got it as a gift in 1977.

Take Care,

December 30th, 2008, 3:47 am #6

always fast returns and very reasonable. if this is a self cocker and you've never done one, my advice is to send it to alan. if it's the later one you have to cock yourself, you should be able to do it. they are easy.

January 3rd, 2009, 12:30 am #7

What is in the self cocker that makes it so difficult? I have an old 760 self cocker that needs resealing. Althoung I never technically 'resealed' it I have disassembled it and re-asssembled it with no problems. I was using the parts from 2 guns to get one to shoot and it did for a while, but now it gave up. I was contemplating whether to send it to Alan or just order a kit.

January 3rd, 2009, 6:31 am #8

the self cocker uses the same type valve system as several of the pistols made by crosman and the 140/1400 rifles. the difficulty to me is the small cap at the rear of the valve assembly. it has a small oring type seal inside that is not round like a regular oring, but has a flat inside, outside, front and rear. i think i've heard it called a quad seal. (not sure on this) you have to get the old seal out of this cap and replace it with the new seal. the old seal is usually hardened and hard to get out. this has to be cleaned very thoroughly, then the new seal has to be placed inside this cap. i don't know what tools alan uses to do this but i've had a lot of problems with this one little seal. the others aren't bad at all just this one. if this one doesn't seal properly the gun will not self cock and the seal will not hold.