760 "magazine"

760 "magazine"

September 30th, 2011, 4:50 pm #1

(ok, I swear this is the last post I'll make about the 760, till Ihave my own stuff to report...  )

The 5 shot clip that come sitht he 760 is cool, but the breech design for it mostly precludes single loading pels.

Is it possible to "reshape" the breech contours a bit to get my fingers in to load one pellet? I do realize that it will mostly likely end the use of the supplied clip.

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

September 30th, 2011, 5:17 pm #2

The old style (pre mag) receivers were angled front and back at the loading port to allow room for the fingers when loading pellets. There was also a groove that you could lay the pellet into that the bolt rode in. There's not a lot of "meat" in the new style receiver to allow for much reshaping without going through and making a hole to the inside.

Or just hold the pellet with long tweazers like some guys do when shooting side or under lever springers. lol

I plink, therefore I am.

September 30th, 2011, 5:23 pm #3

was thinking of fillling that whole area inisde the clamshell and then shaping it.

September 30th, 2011, 7:46 pm #4

I've started enjoying using my clip but I understand that maybe for precision that you would want to load them 1 by 1...

I know it's a B to load the pellets in the newer plastic recievers... Did you just want to remove the edges...? That might work but some of the internals in the front and strength in the rear may be compromised if you go in way too much..

September 30th, 2011, 7:52 pm #5

but I think if you scuplted it back, then filled it with epoxie putty or JB weld, you get the strenght back

September 30th, 2011, 8:09 pm #6

The old style (pre mag) receivers were angled front and back at the loading port to allow room for the fingers when loading pellets. There was also a groove that you could lay the pellet into that the bolt rode in. There's not a lot of "meat" in the new style receiver to allow for much reshaping without going through and making a hole to the inside.

Or just hold the pellet with long tweazers like some guys do when shooting side or under lever springers. lol

I plink, therefore I am.
the other option , fill in the spaces left and right, slimply drop the pellet down so it cant go elsewhere, but the n it might flip.. (dont lose the clip i gues)

October 1st, 2011, 12:58 am #7

(ok, I swear this is the last post I'll make about the 760, till Ihave my own stuff to report...  )

The 5 shot clip that come sitht he 760 is cool, but the breech design for it mostly precludes single loading pels.

Is it possible to "reshape" the breech contours a bit to get my fingers in to load one pellet? I do realize that it will mostly likely end the use of the supplied clip.

How about cutting a slot in the top of the mag to drop a pellet into from above? Dave

October 1st, 2011, 8:49 am #8

but I think if you scuplted it back, then filled it with epoxie putty or JB weld, you get the strenght back

To keep it's strength you could also put a little metal pipe with the ID similar to the pellet in there with a hole cut into it and use it as a breech... Then, fill all around that, maybe...

October 2nd, 2011, 8:24 pm #9

I decided to sand down a ding that somehow appeared in an odd place on the barrel while the gun was sitting... Anyway, I was reminded of this post and took a bad phone pic of it... The pic was so dark I had to lighten it up...

I was looking at the receiver area and there doesn't seem to be much space to work with....

IMG][/IMG]

October 3rd, 2011, 7:30 am #10

if there was a short little ramp that you could basically roll the pellet into place similar to the breech area of a Daisy 822/922 only it would extend out a little farther. Tim A.