39X trigger assy

39X trigger assy

September 22nd, 2011, 3:03 pm #1

So I managed to pick up a 392 at a great discount simply because the rear sight was broken. I planned to and did end up putting a nice scope on it. Of course, however, it had the infamous late model 39X horrible trigger plauge. I tried filing on it, but now its to the point that I can file no more without random misfires because the hammer just barely catches on the sear from all the filing I did.

I was wondering if I could send someone the whole trigger assy and get it fixed up for a decent price. I like little bit of travel in a trigger whith a very light crisp break at the end. Even If I can't get a whole reworked trigger, even just a better sear would be great, but I don't know where or who to get them from. Again though, I have very little money for this, so I need something affordeable. If I have to buy a new sear from Crosman, I might as well sell the thing because when you have to pull that hard on the stock trigger it's extremely difficult to hold the gun still to aim.

any response would be appreciated.

Casey

September 22nd, 2011, 3:09 pm #2

AoA sells a replacement sear for late model Benji rifles.

Also, check this out....

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/me ... ji+mod%27s

I plink, therefore I am.

September 22nd, 2011, 3:12 pm #3

So I managed to pick up a 392 at a great discount simply because the rear sight was broken. I planned to and did end up putting a nice scope on it. Of course, however, it had the infamous late model 39X horrible trigger plauge. I tried filing on it, but now its to the point that I can file no more without random misfires because the hammer just barely catches on the sear from all the filing I did.

I was wondering if I could send someone the whole trigger assy and get it fixed up for a decent price. I like little bit of travel in a trigger whith a very light crisp break at the end. Even If I can't get a whole reworked trigger, even just a better sear would be great, but I don't know where or who to get them from. Again though, I have very little money for this, so I need something affordeable. If I have to buy a new sear from Crosman, I might as well sell the thing because when you have to pull that hard on the stock trigger it's extremely difficult to hold the gun still to aim.

Casey
1. Start over with a new sear and modify it according to the method described here: http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/me ... ji+mod%27s The result won't improve the creep of the phony-2-stage Benji trigger (none of the popular mod's do), but at least you'll have a much lighter pull.

2. Buy one of my SuperSears from AoA: http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/CustomParts.htm

The result will be exactly the kind of true 2-stage trigger you want.

Steve
Last edited by pneuguy on September 22nd, 2011, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 22nd, 2011, 3:45 pm #4

Casey
I just ordered a supersear. Hope it works out good.

As far as that valve mod on that link, how does one even get the valve out of a 39X?

September 22nd, 2011, 4:20 pm #5

1. Open the pump arm.

2. Remove the trigger assembly (you obviously already know how to do this ), spring, hammer, and stock lug (which is also what retains the valve and trigger assembly.

3. Pump.

Air pressure will pop the valve out.

Steve