392 forends?

392 forends?

ZVP

June 15th, 2012, 4:08 am #1

My Stock 392 has a slightly different cut (sorta reversed toward the front, kinda FWB 300-ish).

How many darn cuts are there?

The cut reminds mw of the bow of a WW-I Battleship bow! Kinda right cause this thing is a cannon!

looking around the site and at different guns on the auction block I have seen at least 3 different style cuts. I suppose Benjamin changed it every year!

ZVP

June 15th, 2012, 6:47 pm #2

i like the white and black plastic on the end too. this one was made in 2001

[/IMG]

ZVP

June 16th, 2012, 4:46 am #3

Sorry I can't post a picture but that is ther type f cut my foreend has. (Maybe mine is raked just a bit more)

My rifle is the same year also. I guess this means that is the style they cut in '91? My foreend isn't attached  wxactlly square either it was drilled a little off where the cross pin goes thru. Poor QC I guess but I never re-drilled it and remounted it correctlly. The rifle works fine and unless you look hard you really don't notice it.

Man I sure love the power and accuracy of the 392! I have the Williams sight mounted on mine and the sight really aids accuracy at all ranges! I consider the reciever sight a MUST HAVE accessory!

ZVP

June 16th, 2012, 3:26 pm #4

neat and trim ?

It's the 392 PA refurb.

Also well satisfied with the peep sight. My go to shooter for ranges less than 20 meters.

ZVP

June 16th, 2012, 7:08 pm #5

My foreend is stock but as I said, the angle seems raked back sorta like the FWB300. It's unique enough I left it alone though I much prefer the stockshape and size on my "C" Model Sheridan.

Yea the peep works for me! I have mine set @ 30 yards and the rifle shoots cloverleafs off a rest with Premieres.

I am in the process of re-setting all my air rifle sights to the NRA Airgun range of 25 yards. I have found that my aging eyes prefer this distance3 to 10m.

ZVP