38C and 38T first variants, with the metal cylinder....

38C and 38T first variants, with the metal cylinder....

June 14th, 2012, 2:38 pm #1

are they essentially the same gun, with exception of the barrel?

My 5 year old has been after me to fix the "cowboy gun" so we can shoot it.....and I see 38c's for sale as well as T's. Mine is the T, and looks like it will need a bit of work, so thought I might just buy one that is in working condition, and use mine for parts.

Definintely want the longer barrel though, so if I can buy the same varient with a shorter barrel, and then swap, all will be golden.

thanks for any info, leads, in advance.

God bless,

Farmer

June 15th, 2012, 4:45 am #2

are that the older ones had a metal cylinder and longer metal rear site. i've worked on quite a few of these and as far as i remember the parts will interchange. naturally you know you have to use all .22 parts for a .22 and .177 parts for a .177. i have had both and i guess because the .22 is more efficient, they both do about the same on the chrony, usually around 400 fps. i love the 38T with the longer barrel. great guns, very accurate and not pellet fussy at all.

June 15th, 2012, 1:13 pm #3

and in .22.....thats all I really like to shoot anyway.

Thanks for the help, now to find one in shooting grade condition.

God bless,

Farmer

June 15th, 2012, 5:24 pm #4

are they essentially the same gun, with exception of the barrel?

My 5 year old has been after me to fix the "cowboy gun" so we can shoot it.....and I see 38c's for sale as well as T's. Mine is the T, and looks like it will need a bit of work, so thought I might just buy one that is in working condition, and use mine for parts.

Definintely want the longer barrel though, so if I can buy the same varient with a shorter barrel, and then swap, all will be golden.

thanks for any info, leads, in advance.

God bless,

Farmer
VA Farmer,

I think you have made a wise decision to persue a Crosman 38 for target practice. Personally I find both models (C & T) to be great guns. The heft and feel of them makes them a favorite of mine. With the going price of a similar metal revolver (the Umarex S&W 656) creeping towards $300, I think more and more people are going to re-discover this gem. Good luck! AND don't forget a set of RB Grips walnut grips in satin finish for your 38 when you get it.

Craig
(PS the Cr1322 medalist is still shooting just fine - one of my favorites!)