357 Barrel Conversion - graphic

357 Barrel Conversion - graphic

December 11th, 2011, 1:30 am #1

I know this has been done before, but not by me, so I'm kinda happy with it and thought I'd share. Just finished up this conversion. Can't wait to try it out. Took out the soda straw barrel and used an old 1377 barrel that I cut to length and modified the ends to fit. I had to trim the top scope rail on the inside and then pin it in place. Also needed to modify the barrel clip so that I could still use it as a backup to the catch. All in all a short satisfying little project. Here are some pics;

The barrel shroud.

The initial sketch. (which changed a bit in practice)

The clip and the loading port end of the barrel turned down.

No more gap!!

Pinning the rail in place. She's sturdy now!

Thanks for looking,
Rich

December 11th, 2011, 1:46 am #2

very cool, my question is what was wrong w the straw barrel

December 11th, 2011, 2:10 am #3

anything was wrong with it other than very light rifling and a seam running the entire length on the ID. That and it wobbled a bit. It is in there very solid now. No wobble what so ever and the barrel now actually rubs the mag. Granted, very lightly rubbing, but before there was a big gap between the two and the mag would move back and forth.

I had been wanting to do this for a year now and when I actually sat down and took the time to look at what was involved, I saw it would not take much and just went ahead and did it.

My hope is to improve it's accuracy and I'm thinking that all these little improvements have gotta help it a bit.. I won't be able to test results until Tuesday though.

December 11th, 2011, 2:51 am #4

i made an integrally supressed 2210 and a 9 inch barrel 1088, the 1088 became so accurate, sub inch huge groups at 30 feet from a cheap plinker....the 2210 i had to add a set screw to the plastic housing to pin the barrel i place.

December 11th, 2011, 10:19 am #5

That was my thought as well. The barrel is tight (real tight) now, so I won't need to pin it. Now if I can hold it steady enough to match it's promised accuracy gain
Rich

December 11th, 2011, 4:31 pm #6

super smooth for pellet transition, looks like u already did, that was my one issue with 1088 till i did some sanding

December 12th, 2011, 1:19 am #7

I know this has been done before, but not by me, so I'm kinda happy with it and thought I'd share. Just finished up this conversion. Can't wait to try it out. Took out the soda straw barrel and used an old 1377 barrel that I cut to length and modified the ends to fit. I had to trim the top scope rail on the inside and then pin it in place. Also needed to modify the barrel clip so that I could still use it as a backup to the catch. All in all a short satisfying little project. Here are some pics;

The barrel shroud.

The initial sketch. (which changed a bit in practice)

The clip and the loading port end of the barrel turned down.

No more gap!!

Pinning the rail in place. She's sturdy now!

Thanks for looking,
Rich
[/IMG]

Back when you could still get 1760 barrels from Crosman for cheap. I did have to figure out a more positive lock-up, and it shot a little slow, but it was accurate as hell inside 20 yds. Overall a fun project. I sold it, and have no idea where it is now.

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

December 12th, 2011, 1:23 am #8

Wow! That looks awesome! The stock fits the style perfectly....n/t

December 12th, 2011, 1:29 am #9

[/IMG]

Back when you could still get 1760 barrels from Crosman for cheap. I did have to figure out a more positive lock-up, and it shot a little slow, but it was accurate as hell inside 20 yds. Overall a fun project. I sold it, and have no idea where it is now.

Reminds me of one those Judge revolving carbines that Rossi/Taurus have out now.

I plink, therefore I am.

December 12th, 2011, 2:06 am #10

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I used a piece of light-duty cabinet hardware that I found at Home Depot.

[/IMG]

Here you can see it in the open position.

[/IMG]

Hey, what the hell, it worked, and it kept the reeeealy long barrel locked up and accurate.