2400KT Final update

2400KT Final update

June 30th, 2012, 9:16 pm #1

GREETINGS PROGRAMS

I thought I would go over what it took for me to get this baby where shes at

Starting at the front I added a TKO muzzel brake, recrowned 14.6" inch barrel, modded 1377 barrel support, discovery bolt and handle,
power adjuster is used to easily swap out hammer springs, Hi-Pac wrapped it and air tube in carbon fiber, lanyard for dust cap.

Made a frankenvalve.

Discovery back half co2 front. No other mods there. Next drop sear grip frame nirvanamod trigger. ground bump off bottom of grip frame

Added new hammer, cut to clear breech screw. upgraded hammer pin

The addition of the grip frame and hammer allow the use of a truly heavy hammer spring.From True Value( #44U it's 047 gauge wire. Cut down to about 1 and 7/8" long 5/16" dia. ) With a fill of a few hundred psi or so over "MSRP" (manufacturer's suggested rated pressure) 3200
14.3 CPHP +- 3 fps

To me this is now the perfect carbine. Thanks again Alex
Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/user/AIRGUNSNIRVANA?feature=mhee

July 1st, 2012, 12:03 pm #2

And I've been wanting to thankyou for the Frankenvalve idea - I've since utilised this on two different HiPac setups, it works perfectly.

How hard was it to create the notch on the P-Rod hammer? Presently I'm using a notched 22XX hammer with the waist filled in w/JB Weld putty, and my #'s went south a little, as it now seems the hammer/striker might be too heavey?

Nice post & thanks for the info

Vines

July 1st, 2012, 9:05 pm #3

I think this forum is the best!! People here freely share there crack with every one...

I got a cheap drimel tool knockoff from Harbor Freight and used this type cut off wheel.

I broke a total of at least five discs. I cut small slivers then broke them out with tiny
flat head screwdriver. Then smoothed out the rough stuff a bit...

Cheers

July 4th, 2012, 12:18 pm #4

GREETINGS PROGRAMS

I thought I would go over what it took for me to get this baby where shes at

Starting at the front I added a TKO muzzel brake, recrowned 14.6" inch barrel, modded 1377 barrel support, discovery bolt and handle,
power adjuster is used to easily swap out hammer springs, Hi-Pac wrapped it and air tube in carbon fiber, lanyard for dust cap.

Made a frankenvalve.

Discovery back half co2 front. No other mods there. Next drop sear grip frame nirvanamod trigger. ground bump off bottom of grip frame

Added new hammer, cut to clear breech screw. upgraded hammer pin

The addition of the grip frame and hammer allow the use of a truly heavy hammer spring.From True Value( #44U it's 047 gauge wire. Cut down to about 1 and 7/8" long 5/16" dia. ) With a fill of a few hundred psi or so over "MSRP" (manufacturer's suggested rated pressure) 3200
14.3 CPHP +- 3 fps

To me this is now the perfect carbine. Thanks again Alex
Cheers

How do you get on with the Hi-Pac? I have thought about this as a light weight carbine solution but concerned that its not regulated. How many shots do you get and what shot to shot consistency. Its clear from your results that after a couple of shots at full, high pressure the hammer spring is able to overcome valve pressure easier as power starts to climb.

Nice build! I have one of these in mind my self.

July 4th, 2012, 11:57 pm #5

I love my Hi-Pac, when I combined it with the drop sear set up it really came to life.
Its my understanding that all unregulated PCPs have a curve in there shot string
some are flater than others. At lower psi and lower fps I have got close to 20 shots
but the fps spread was 150 fps +. I dont mind 10 shots with a 15 to 20 fps spread.
I think the Hi-Pac is good option with alot of versatility.

Cheers