2250xt

November 24th, 2008, 8:52 pm #11

Where can I get an airsource to paintball adapter, how much would it cost?

How many shots can you get out of a 9oz co2 bottle? How much would it cost to fill a 9oz co2?

Whats the difference between using 850psi of co2 or 850psi of air? How would hpa with a good regulator be different from co2, because if it's regulated the hpa tank will get more shots(right?).

The reason I would like to use air is that I have ready access to a very large air tank and can use it at will.

November 24th, 2008, 11:33 pm #12

ok your main question should be

what do i want to achieve ?

if your after an easy mod that gives you more shots and refillable tanks - go with a 9oz CO2

if you want 800 fps+ go HPA

you need to be VERY aware that CO2 and HPA are very, very different beasts - you CANNOT use a co2 tank for HPA and HPA needs to be carefully regulated in a stock 2250 or you will blow yourself up !

the 2250 is designed for co2 and co2 pressures - it can run HPA and there have been some very successful mods done to run it - HOWEVER - it is not a recommended first mod and certainly not for the faint hearted.

to quote {imperfectly} the lads at B&A "IF you stuff up with co2 it finds a hole and goes hiss and you run out of gas - if you stuff up with HPA it finds a hole and explodes!"

Main recommendation is - research, research, research - ask the experts and make sure you can do what you think you can do.

finding out you have made a mistake with - HPA can be a very expensive and dangerous experiment- with co2 its just frustrating and slightly less expensive/dangerous.

November 24th, 2008, 11:38 pm #13

Whats the difference between hpa and co2 when they are regulated to the same pressure?

850psi of co2 seems just as bad as 850psi of hpa

November 25th, 2008, 1:53 am #14

density, expansion rates etc

i'm prob not the best person to answer as i play mostly with co2 - but co2 is stored usually in liquid form and expands in the chamber/valve when fired

HPA is stored as a compressed gas.

best to ask one of the folks doing HPA or dual fuel mods on 2250's - they can point you in the right direction.