2240-SC

2240-SC

September 25th, 2011, 9:32 pm #1

Meant to make this post a couple of weeks ago, but life kind of got in the way.
Anyway, a few folks were asking for a real compact 2240 pistol for their tackle box etc.
So I came up with this 2240 Sub Compact prototype. As you can see it is a lot smaller than its full size brother. The key to shrinking it down was to power it with 8g co2 caps, a special version of the Pro-Top, shorter tube and shorter hollowed out end cap. This shorter package permits fitting a 5" barrel. If you need to have one of these, the tubes, and end caps are available from Don Cothran and I have a few of the special Pro-Tops needed, and the rest is available from Crosman.
At this time I don't have any data on fps, or shot count.

September 25th, 2011, 9:58 pm #2

Fantastic piece! How about using nitrous oxide carts?
http://www.creamright.com/product/WCC-MN-PW-UL-24.html

I thik they are the same size.

Well done. Perfect piece for the tackle box.

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

September 25th, 2011, 10:03 pm #3

It leaks from scuba bottles and even ballons after a few days, but boy it would shoot quick! Its a high velocity gas.

September 25th, 2011, 10:05 pm #4

Anyway, a few folks were asking for a real compact 2240 pistol for their tackle box etc.
So I came up with this 2240 Sub Compact prototype. As you can see it is a lot smaller than its full size brother. The key to shrinking it down was to power it with 8g co2 caps, a special version of the Pro-Top, shorter tube and shorter hollowed out end cap. This shorter package permits fitting a 5" barrel. If you need to have one of these, the tubes, and end caps are available from Don Cothran and I have a few of the special Pro-Tops needed, and the rest is available from Crosman.

Nice looking build! I love it!...... n/t

September 25th, 2011, 10:38 pm #5

Fantastic piece! How about using nitrous oxide carts?
http://www.creamright.com/product/WCC-MN-PW-UL-24.html

I thik they are the same size.

Well done. Perfect piece for the tackle box.

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

about the nitrous cart's. The Crosman pin in the Pro-Top's
seems to only function reliably when teamed up with cart's that have the same basic seal end that resemble the 12g's.
I had a few of the old green 8g's that wouldn't puncture correctly with the Crosman pin. So not knowing just what the nitrous cap's seal end looks like, or their eTe length, I can't say if they'd work or not.

September 25th, 2011, 11:20 pm #6

... just as compact powder burners have the smaller grip frame to make them "concealable" ? Bottom portion of the Crosman grip houses no components so it shouldn't be a pain to chop and reshape one, maybe then adding a Hogue slip on rubber grip for better handling ?

Beautiful build, love it.

you're scared ? go get a dog ... I'd rather die standing than live on my knees

September 25th, 2011, 11:29 pm #7

Great idea...I can just picture it!

September 26th, 2011, 1:46 am #8

the breech and band on your gun? Does Don also do those pieces?

Carl

September 26th, 2011, 10:21 am #9

Please bin those nasty plastic grips!

And I like your idea of a smaller trigger frame, would be cool!

September 27th, 2011, 5:56 pm #10

the breech and band on your gun? Does Don also do those pieces?

Carl
breech, and barrel band are items that Don cnc's for me. On my own guns I've been machining flats on the breech sides, shortening to preferred length, milling flat on top for the rear sight, and machining the breech recess in the barrel bands.