2240 Carbine

2240 Carbine

June 9th, 2012, 7:10 pm #1

Here's my "new" 2240 based Crosman Carbine. I used my 2240 I haven't shot in a year as I generally shoot rifles more than pistols. I also used parts off of various 1377 based carbines, so so far, no money has been spent, just a little work and parts on hand. Man, it surprises me how much Crosman pistol stuff I've accumulated, especially for a guy who usually shoots rifles. LOL
The stock is plywood with an ATI butt pad. Adjustable comb and forearm are made from PVC pipe. Scope is a Leapers red/green dot. The bi-pod is something I cobbled up out of junk and half a scope ring.

Sure is a sweet shooter. Haven't chronied it yet. No pwer mods other than a slightly lighter hammer and the home-brew power adjuster. These were done while the gun was still a pistol.
I think it will serve my purpose of a light weight, easy to use carbine for summer and while my right shoulder gets better.

I plink, therefore I am.
Last edited by airgunandy on June 10th, 2012, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 10th, 2012, 2:26 am #2

Great looking gun,how did you attach the foregrip?

June 10th, 2012, 2:41 am #3

Here's my "new" 2240 based Crosman Carbine. I used my 2240 I haven't shot in a year as I generally shoot rifles more than pistols. I also used parts off of various 1377 based carbines, so so far, no money has been spent, just a little work and parts on hand. Man, it surprises me how much Crosman pistol stuff I've accumulated, especially for a guy who usually shoots rifles. LOL
The stock is plywood with an ATI butt pad. Adjustable comb and forearm are made from PVC pipe. Scope is a Leapers red/green dot. The bi-pod is something I cobbled up out of junk and half a scope ring.

Sure is a sweet shooter. Haven't chronied it yet. No pwer mods other than a slightly lighter hammer and the home-brew power adjuster. These were done while the gun was still a pistol.
I think it will serve my purpose of a light weight, easy to use carbine for summer and while my right shoulder gets better.

I plink, therefore I am.
I like folks who make kool stuff with PVC pipe.

Be Well... Tom

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

June 10th, 2012, 3:11 am #4

I plink, therefore I am.

June 10th, 2012, 8:18 am #5

I plink, therefore I am.
that bipod is really cool

June 10th, 2012, 10:30 pm #6

I plink, therefore I am.
You do some real nice mods and best of all the gun is realistically functional!!!! If that makes any sense.
Rich

June 11th, 2012, 11:47 am #7

I plink, therefore I am.
Thanks guys!
The forend was made from two pieces of schedule 40 PVC pipe, one smaller than the other, with the larger piece wrapping around the smaller one. Not sure of the sizes as I used scraps that didn't have the size printed on them, but the smaller piece was cut to make a channel which snaps over the barrel bands very tightly. The pipe is slightly smaller ID than the OD of the barrel bands. It was notched to fit around the front of the grip frame. The second, outer piece is a tight fit over the first piece. No screws are used to attach the forend, it's all friction fit. And rather hard to move too.

The adjustable comb has two scrws that go in from the top with spacers between the PVC comb piece and the top of the stock. Right now the spacers are nothing more than 1/4"-20 nuts and washers. Crude, but effective. I may yet make some nicer looking spacers, but these are only seen if you are looking for them.

When I showed the flashlight attachment to my oldest son. His reply was, "Really Dad?" Hey, I might just take a notion to do some night time plinking on a hot summer evening....

I plink, therefore I am.

June 11th, 2012, 5:26 pm #8

I plink, therefore I am.
It's fun to customize a 2240, it's better when you customize it with parts you made. Nice job!

June 12th, 2012, 5:38 pm #9

I plink, therefore I am.
i like your stock design,simple and effeciant. the foregrop idea as well.