May 24th, 2012, 2:37 pm #1

Have a 1377 carbine that was modified by Skyler back when he was modifying. Haven't shot in a while but put it away with a few pumps in it. The other day I got it out and pumped it up but no power. Never had one apart. Any suggestions?
jefft

May 24th, 2012, 3:16 pm #2

then pump

report back

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

May 24th, 2012, 3:24 pm #3

Have a 1377 carbine that was modified by Skyler back when he was modifying. Haven't shot in a while but put it away with a few pumps in it. The other day I got it out and pumped it up but no power. Never had one apart. Any suggestions?
jefft
...but no power. If it was pumped up, it should have had some power.

Elsewise there are leaks. If you are considering tearing it down, consider this:

Squirt plenty of oil into the pump tube. Get it in there any way you can. Pump it several quick strokes and see if you gain good pressure that will hold. Sometimes that is all it takes to get the seals and valves functioning the way they had ought to.

The excess oil will eventually be shot out if that corrects the problem. If not,you can always tear down the gun.

May 24th, 2012, 5:02 pm #4

I used a few drops of pellgun oil sparingly but will try a little more to see if thats the trick. I cocked it first and then pumped. He modified this gun so you can pump up to 30 pumps safetly as I remember. It has been a amazing gun and lots of fun until now. I can hear what sounds like just a puff of air when I pull the trigger.
jefft

May 24th, 2012, 5:19 pm #5

The oil don't seem to be helping. I never took one of these apart. Any good video website describing repairs for these guns? Maybe a suggestion of a good place to send it for repair? I like to shoot them but never have repaired one.
jefft

May 24th, 2012, 5:56 pm #6

I used a few drops of pellgun oil sparingly but will try a little more to see if thats the trick. I cocked it first and then pumped. He modified this gun so you can pump up to 30 pumps safetly as I remember. It has been a amazing gun and lots of fun until now. I can hear what sounds like just a puff of air when I pull the trigger.
jefft
"I can hear what sounds like just a puff of air when I pull the trigger."

Continue to cock it and pull the trigger without pumping it any more. If you continue to get a little puff of air for several repetitions the pump and storage systems are working but you have a problem in releasing the full charge. Usually a gummed up striker , chamber and spring are the problem in that case. Tom

May 24th, 2012, 8:07 pm #7

jefft
By pumping it up do you mean just pumped 10-20 times, or could you actually feel the pressure increasing with each pump ?

Cock and fire three or four times without pumping any more.
What happens ? Do you keep getting air ?

May 25th, 2012, 4:07 am #8

Ok, I added a liberal amount of oil, I pumped numerous times after cocking, I cocked and pulled the trigger numerous times without pumping and it still isn't producing pressure. I'm not at all confident about taking this thing apart. Sort of bummed out. This has been a great gun and I could easily hit targets out to about 50 yds. Any more suggestions?
jefft
Last edited by jtcrrt on May 25th, 2012, 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 25th, 2012, 4:37 am #9

They are located near Charlotte, NC. I have used them for a few repairs and can highly recommend Tim and Sue. Good folks and pretty fast turn around on repairs.

May 25th, 2012, 12:10 pm #10

Ok, I added a liberal amount of oil, I pumped numerous times after cocking, I cocked and pulled the trigger numerous times without pumping and it still isn't producing pressure. I'm not at all confident about taking this thing apart. Sort of bummed out. This has been a great gun and I could easily hit targets out to about 50 yds. Any more suggestions?
jefft
Ok, I added a liberal amount of oil, I pumped numerous times after cocking, I cocked and pulled the trigger numerous times without pumping and it still isn't producing pressure.
Does it make a fart noise when you pump, or a hiss of any kind ?
Does it just do nothing at all ?

I'm thinking a stuck check inside the valve, or dirt stuck in it. ( which could be no leakage at all, but just a weak puff through the barrel when you pull the trigger no matter how much you pump, AND the pump effort would not change. It would be exactly the same on the first pump as on the 30th )

Typically, we store these guns with a pump or two pressure to avoid this sort of thing.
Once it's happened, though, there isn't much of anything that can be done without
disassembling the thing.
If you're careful, study the parts drawings, and go slow, they're not that bad.
Failing that, you're taking or shipping it somewhere.