1377 SSP Micro Valve WORKS!!

1377 SSP Micro Valve WORKS!!

January 10th, 2011, 9:57 pm #1

Hot-digity-dog! Sorry for starting a new thread on this gang...

Okay, I finished and tested the SSP valve moments ago! Don't have a 1377 [pistol] yet, but do have a carbine that was constructed out of one a year ago (the one for my daughter for when she is older). It was a real task to get the pump stroke to work being that I did not want to cut up her little carbine and put new holes in it. The rifle has a 16" barrel too!

First, it was tested without plugging the hole in the tube - got 223fps rather consistantly. I tried it plugging the hole (very, very difficult indeed - need three arms almost!). It fired 537fps! Holy smokes! I'm certain some of the air was lost since it was, again, very, very difficult to plug the hole with my thumb. Had to wrap electrical tape several times and then press with my thumb, while hold the pump rod in with a wodden rod. Hell, holding in the pump rod was almost impossible. In fact, when I fired the unit (my wife had to do it) the piston went in about a half inch - meanng I was unable to fully close it by hand. Little dude is not quite either! Sounds more like a little firecracker!

This is just too bad..., well, cool!

I am sooo totally excited about this! In the photo is one U.S. dime for size comparison.

Finished valve:

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

Last edited by Duane30 on January 10th, 2011, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 10th, 2011, 10:41 pm #2

those pics and details coming Phil!!!!
Thanks
Ray

January 10th, 2011, 10:42 pm #3

Okay, I finished and tested the SSP valve moments ago! Don't have a 1377 [pistol] yet, but do have a carbine that was constructed out of one a year ago (the one for my daughter for when she is older). It was a real task to get the pump stroke to work being that I did not want to cut up her little carbine and put new holes in it. The rifle has a 16" barrel too!

First, it was tested without plugging the hole in the tube - got 223fps rather consistantly. I tried it plugging the hole (very, very difficult indeed - need three arms almost!). It fired 537fps! Holy smokes! I'm certain some of the air was lost since it was, again, very, very difficult to plug the hole with my thumb. Had to wrap electrical tape several times and then press with my thumb, while hold the pump rod in with a wodden rod. Hell, holding in the pump rod was almost impossible. In fact, when I fired the unit (my wife had to do it) the piston went in about a half inch - meanng I was unable to fully close it by hand. Little dude is not quite either! Sounds more like a little firecracker!

I am sooo totally excited about this! In the photo is one U.S. dime for size comparison.

Finished valve:

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

That's awesome!

January 10th, 2011, 10:54 pm #4

Finished valve:

n/t

January 10th, 2011, 11:06 pm #5

Finished valve:

be good to see that thread as well.

January 10th, 2011, 11:12 pm #6

January 10th, 2011, 11:16 pm #7

n/t
Many of the Daisy guns, multi pumps and singles, are basically a dump valve. Instead of blowing off, the trigger pulls the valve open. Let's face it, Daisy is a bit lacking on quality parts, exceptr with their high-dollar items. Crosman at least provides good stuff all around regardless of money spent.

January 10th, 2011, 11:17 pm #8

Finished valve:

n/t

January 10th, 2011, 11:18 pm #9

those pics and details coming Phil!!!!
Thanks
Ray
I will have to get out the actual camera... Cell phone is just right in the pocket - ease and laziness.

January 10th, 2011, 11:25 pm #10

n/t
...but the pistol will be shorter in the end! Factory stroke is about 3.75", I used 5.25" of stroke compressed to about 1.2cc. As I said, it was nearly impossible to push the piston all the way in [by hand], at least without any real leverage system.