1322 scope and silencer questions

1322 scope and silencer questions

July 10th, 2012, 6:19 pm #1

I've finally decided to purchase the Mountain Air Airguns Model 1 1322 with a 14" barrel and with the flat top valve and piston for both hunting and plinking. I want to scope it. Because it's not a springer I know any handgun scope will work, but what are your scope recommendations? In the gallery on the Mountain Airguns site one of the pistols is scoped with what looks like a Leapers. Does Leapers make pistol scopes? I did not see any on the Leapers site. If that's a rifle scope shown in the picture then it seems the shooter would need to hold the pistol up close to the eye. I also want to put a silencer on the pistol but I'd like one with a front site because I like shooting with iron sites too. Are there silencers made with front sites and how much would they reduce the noise? Thanks for any replies.

July 10th, 2012, 8:53 pm #2

I can't address silencers, as they are illegal in the USA. ( with few exceptions )
I'm using an $8 Crosman rifle scope, and quite happy with it !
Yes, you do hold a bit closer to the eye, but if you expect ( and get used to ) not having a full field of view, it works fine.
My mounting is not exactly conventional, stood off the barrel about 1/2 inch above with home made side mounts ( they don't call me "Cowboy" for nuthin ! ) the plastic "iron" sight is still quite usable for a quick point and shoot, but considerably less accurate at range.
Hey ! Whadda ya want for 8 bucks ?
If ya don't like it, throw it away. Haven't lost much.

July 10th, 2012, 10:19 pm #3

I've finally decided to purchase the Mountain Air Airguns Model 1 1322 with a 14" barrel and with the flat top valve and piston for both hunting and plinking. I want to scope it. Because it's not a springer I know any handgun scope will work, but what are your scope recommendations? In the gallery on the Mountain Airguns site one of the pistols is scoped with what looks like a Leapers. Does Leapers make pistol scopes? I did not see any on the Leapers site. If that's a rifle scope shown in the picture then it seems the shooter would need to hold the pistol up close to the eye. I also want to put a silencer on the pistol but I'd like one with a front site because I like shooting with iron sites too. Are there silencers made with front sites and how much would they reduce the noise? Thanks for any replies.
My 1322 w/ 14" barrel has the crosman air stripper that has a bead sight on it. Very quiet and backyard friendly. It is the quietest of my 15 airguns. I dispatch lots of chipmunks and squirrels with it.

July 11th, 2012, 10:28 pm #4

I can't address silencers, as they are illegal in the USA. ( with few exceptions )
I'm using an $8 Crosman rifle scope, and quite happy with it !
Yes, you do hold a bit closer to the eye, but if you expect ( and get used to ) not having a full field of view, it works fine.
My mounting is not exactly conventional, stood off the barrel about 1/2 inch above with home made side mounts ( they don't call me "Cowboy" for nuthin ! ) the plastic "iron" sight is still quite usable for a quick point and shoot, but considerably less accurate at range.
Hey ! Whadda ya want for 8 bucks ?
If ya don't like it, throw it away. Haven't lost much.
but you will have to pass aback ground check

and like a concealed carry permit, get fonger printeda nd photographed, which get sent in to the BATF, along with a US$200.00 check for the tax stamp. 3- 15 weeks later (assuming thay apporve you) they send the stamp and the paper work to your suppressor vendor (or back to you if you are about to build one) and then its a transfer process like you do for a firearm

Suppressors ARE legal in 36 states. Its a long, but not difficult process to get one.

I have on in .22LR for my ruger 10/22. WARNING: they are addictive.

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

July 21st, 2012, 7:15 pm #5

Just saw it on ebay the other Day! $39 I believe it was! I Might get one of those for My Mod. #1 1322 That Roy Made me!

Mario

Lock - N - Load!