Time for the ever-popular Found Money thread!

Time for the ever-popular Found Money thread!

December 23rd, 2010, 6:03 pm #1

And it couldn't come at a better time!

I am going to clean my desk today, because I know that there are several rebates totaling close to $100 hidden in the piles of paper. Also, I noticed that DH has been feeding the pig that we use to raise money to send the kids of our church to camp. I won't benefit from that one, but someone will! Lots of quarters in there, too.

I don't expect to find more $$$, but who knows!

Have you found any ca$h lately?

December 23rd, 2010, 6:49 pm #2

We had several insurance claims at the end of summer as we were trying to get a lot of items taken care of before my dh's insurance changed when he retired. The claims were messed up (still not fixed) but my dh did find $53 that we had over paid on my ds claim. They sent a check to our house made out to my ds. I put it in his bank for xmas.

December 23rd, 2010, 6:53 pm #3

I am going to clean my desk today, because I know that there are several rebates totaling close to $100 hidden in the piles of paper. Also, I noticed that DH has been feeding the pig that we use to raise money to send the kids of our church to camp. I won't benefit from that one, but someone will! Lots of quarters in there, too.

no money to find here unless it is loose change. and most of that is picked up!

Myra in West Texas

December 23rd, 2010, 11:31 pm #4

I paid off my house last month and the mortgage company sent me a check for the balance of the escrow fund. Of course, most of this will go back to the county when taxes are due in April.

A related note.....I sent in a cashier's check for my mortgage payoff on November 15th. Bank of America has yet to acknowledge this payment. The only reasons I know that they received the funds are a) my online mortgage account disappeared and b) they refunded my escrow account. I'm wondering how long I should go before calling and finding out if there's reason for concern?

December 24th, 2010, 12:10 am #5

I got a $50 check from the insurance company, and a $100 pre-paid card from my credit card company.

December 24th, 2010, 11:54 am #6

because they over charged me for my renters insurance... that took months to get back tho... still waiting on a $75 refund check from another place. Sure would come in handy.... Tuesdays I took a pile of things to the consignement shop... I need to make another apt and bring in more things...

December 24th, 2010, 3:55 pm #7

Had a guy stop by yesterday and wanted to buy two of the junker cars I have not found the time to deal with... he is supposed to be back today... I was going to scrap it and maybe would have got 100 dollars... but he is giving 75 for the Van (mine) and 75 for DD plus she is getting her tires back since they were pretty new and we have someone else that wants to buy them... YEA some clutter gone and some cash in my pocket.

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

December 24th, 2010, 5:01 pm #8

I hope he comes back with ca$h!

December 24th, 2010, 8:02 pm #9

I sold a set of dishes on craigslist that have been in the basement for years - $250. But the forgotten money came yesterday in the mail. A $20 rebate for a camera we bought from Rite Aid with prescription transfer gift cards. Also, a handful of change in a coat pocket from last year.

December 26th, 2010, 12:27 am #10

I got a $50 check from the insurance company, and a $100 pre-paid card from my credit card company.
Clearing out a stack of mail today and found $2 in a letter/survey from nielsen.