Salmon steak- anyone made it with the mayo and parmesan cheese?

Salmon steak- anyone made it with the mayo and parmesan cheese?

November 28th, 2011, 6:42 pm #1

I can't recall where I saw the recipe but I think you just slathered the salmon steak(s) in mayo then in parmesan... anyone done this before? If so how was it? Any idea of cooking time? I have a very large,thin, boneless salmon steak that I am planning to make for dinner tonight. Want to make it so it does not dry out and with just what ingredients I have on hand here... I am going to make rice and a veggie to go with it- probably cooked carrots.

November 28th, 2011, 8:26 pm #2

A room-mate and I were rubbing the salmon in a mix of olive oil, brown sugar, mustard, and fresh garlic. Wrap in tinfoil and put in the oven around 350 for 10-15 minutes or so. We usually put some veggies in foil with butter in there at the same time.

November 29th, 2011, 3:16 am #3

I can't recall where I saw the recipe but I think you just slathered the salmon steak(s) in mayo then in parmesan... anyone done this before? If so how was it? Any idea of cooking time? I have a very large,thin, boneless salmon steak that I am planning to make for dinner tonight. Want to make it so it does not dry out and with just what ingredients I have on hand here... I am going to make rice and a veggie to go with it- probably cooked carrots.
I do something similar with white fish. It's posted on the recipe board as the BEST white fish and uses unsalted butter, bread crumbs and fresh parmesan. The topping gets crunchy.

November 29th, 2011, 3:30 am #4

I'm trying to eat a lot more raw food.

November 29th, 2011, 4:01 am #5

I've done that with chicken and it's good. You mix mayonnaise and parmesan cheese and spread on top. A lot of people that eat low carb do chicken this way. I've never heard of it on salmon. I like my salmon with a little butter and salt an then a squeeze of lemon when it's finished. YUM!

Tammy
Last edited by TammyL on November 29th, 2011, 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 29th, 2011, 2:25 pm #6

I followed the Kraft foods recipe. It was yummy and not dry but I think it was a little too rich for me. You "paint" the fish with lemon juice then you mix the mayo and Parmesan and then you put ritz crackers on top. Maybe lighter on the mayo would have helped? I dunno... but like I said, it was a little too rich for me.

November 29th, 2011, 2:52 pm #7

Salmon is a rich, oily fish. It might have been better on some type of white fish that isn't too rich. Ritz crackers on anything sound good!