FS May day 3

FS May day 3

May 3rd, 2012, 11:42 am #1

Keep going with these posts or drop 'em?

I'm pretty light on plans for today... all this rain is depressing as can be.... 4th straight day of it.

I am doing more decluttering.... it's a long process. I had 2 boxes in my room- stuff from other boxes that I had unpacked and did nto know what to do with but did not want to get rid of, yesterday I waded thru one box, this morning I dumped the contents of the other one out, onto my bed. I AM gonna get thru this. Now I still have 2 bins of craft/sewing stuff in my room but no more random boxes..... But I HAVE to get thru this stuff on my bed today, so I have a place to sleep tonight.

May 3rd, 2012, 12:42 pm #2

Grocery shopping at two stores, then Petco for cat food. Library at ds's school this afternoon.

Dinner will be the thawed chicken breasts turned into chicken ala king over drop biscuits. The America's Test Kitchen recipe calls it chicken pot pie, but it just isn't chicken pot pie without a pie crust, imo. It is very good though, and pretty fast.

May 3rd, 2012, 1:45 pm #3

I'm pretty light on plans for today... all this rain is depressing as can be.... 4th straight day of it.

I am doing more decluttering.... it's a long process. I had 2 boxes in my room- stuff from other boxes that I had unpacked and did nto know what to do with but did not want to get rid of, yesterday I waded thru one box, this morning I dumped the contents of the other one out, onto my bed. I AM gonna get thru this. Now I still have 2 bins of craft/sewing stuff in my room but no more random boxes..... But I HAVE to get thru this stuff on my bed today, so I have a place to sleep tonight.
I'll leave it to the voters to decide.

Yesterday I remembered at 12:08 that I had an appointment for a haircut at 12:30--and I made it. Yesterday afternoon wasn't only a good hair day, it was a great hair day! However I am going to mess it up when I go swimming this morning. Swimming is free with my free health club membership, so it's just the gas to get there.

Speaking of gas, I kept track last month and we drove both cars a total of less than 1,000 miles. Not much less, but less. I am also keeping track this month. Doesn't do much good to keep track of what I paid for gas, since it goes up, up, up. At 1,000 miles, we used about 3 tanks of gas, probably 55 gal. or so.

I will probably finish the spelling bee e-mails today, then have to begin following up with phone calls next week. I'm going to put some serious effort into my house today. Lulu is shedding black dog hair everywhere.

Ended up frying the chicken (which the family likes better, anyway) last night, because I didn't have time to prep it for roasting before 12:08. No idea what's for dinner tonight. Not much here, but I'll find something.

Today could be a no-spend day. Ooops, no...I need a few stamps. But other than that, maybe.
Last edited by MaxineS on May 3rd, 2012, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 3rd, 2012, 1:57 pm #4

I think it is kinda nice.
If people get worn out a bit maybe a once a week deal?

Myra in West Texas

May 3rd, 2012, 2:38 pm #5

The windows are all open and the house is airing out. It's supposed to get up to 88 today! Doing some cleaning today, then at noon I'm going to pick up my mother-in-law and take her to lunch. Then we will run some errands and then pick up dd from school at 2:30. After that, I will be working on my resume. Dinner tonight will be easy because we had a lot of leftovers from the last few nights.

May 3rd, 2012, 2:50 pm #6

I'll leave it to the voters to decide.

Yesterday I remembered at 12:08 that I had an appointment for a haircut at 12:30--and I made it. Yesterday afternoon wasn't only a good hair day, it was a great hair day! However I am going to mess it up when I go swimming this morning. Swimming is free with my free health club membership, so it's just the gas to get there.

Speaking of gas, I kept track last month and we drove both cars a total of less than 1,000 miles. Not much less, but less. I am also keeping track this month. Doesn't do much good to keep track of what I paid for gas, since it goes up, up, up. At 1,000 miles, we used about 3 tanks of gas, probably 55 gal. or so.

I will probably finish the spelling bee e-mails today, then have to begin following up with phone calls next week. I'm going to put some serious effort into my house today. Lulu is shedding black dog hair everywhere.

Ended up frying the chicken (which the family likes better, anyway) last night, because I didn't have time to prep it for roasting before 12:08. No idea what's for dinner tonight. Not much here, but I'll find something.

Today could be a no-spend day. Ooops, no...I need a few stamps. But other than that, maybe.
You would be surprised how many frugal ideas I pick up just from seeing what people are doing each day. We all have different habits. I loved PJ's description of building the chicken brooder out of an old Toyota truck bed, even though I've never raised chickens and probably never will!

May 3rd, 2012, 2:58 pm #7

The windows are all open and the house is airing out. It's supposed to get up to 88 today! Doing some cleaning today, then at noon I'm going to pick up my mother-in-law and take her to lunch. Then we will run some errands and then pick up dd from school at 2:30. After that, I will be working on my resume. Dinner tonight will be easy because we had a lot of leftovers from the last few nights.
We are going to take pictures of our furniture to e-mail to consignment stores in hopes that they will sell it for us before we move into the trailer. It will be hot today, so starting on the things stored in the sheds first.

2catsmom

May 3rd, 2012, 5:19 pm #8

Luckily I went to sleep around 9 last night as I was woken up at 2:15 a.m. as the powere was flickering (making the electonics beep on/off) and ultimately it went out a few minutes later. No power until just after I got up-about 5:05. No real storm although it was raining this morning/last night. I got my chicken ready and heating away in the crockpot. After work I have a meeting followed by a medical appointment. I needed something that would be quick to prep once I get honme. All I have to do is make a green salad, and cook some rice (really have been pushing my stores of rice lately!).

Cold cereal bought with a large cpn for bfst along with choice of juice, tea/coffee. Lunch for me is leftovers, I made sandwiches for the kids. STBX is on his own to grab a leftover container or not.

Dinner will be sweet n sour, shake n bake coated chicekn thighs and drums with pineapple/red peppers/onions,served over rice; salad.

Laundry awaits when I get home. With daily showers of rain, I haven't been able to hang the laundry, and the dehumidifier is going almost non stop down cellar.

Have a great afternoon!

May 3rd, 2012, 5:31 pm #9

it seems. Todays load should catch me up for now and will try and wait on anything else till the weekend. Can we hope for some dry weather by then??? I need to have my lawn mowed, it looks terrible! But with all this wet can't seem to get it to dry out enough to do it....

May 3rd, 2012, 8:45 pm #10

While my daughter was in voice lessons, I took some shorts I bought for my son back to Walmart since they didn't fit. I looked through their flowers and they looked really nice but I forgot what size and how many pots I had at home so I think I'll wait and pull out my pots first to see what I need. Last year I didn't plant many flowers in pots to sit on the porch but I like the look of them, if I remember to water them.
Tonight I'm making big salads for supper. using up a chicken breast from last night's supper and almost a full pack of bacon for the toppings, also have a few slices of crusty bread from panini's this weekend and I think I'll make homemade croutons.
Jaime