FS May Day 10

FS May Day 10

May 10th, 2012, 11:46 am #1

I've been reading that tiny house family blog this morning, very interesting! Im not sure I could live in that small of a place for long term with 4 people, but it sure is interesting to read aobut.

Today looks pretty good to me.... not too terribly busy. I have to go out to Home Depot. I decided I don't care for the other trim paint (valspar with primer in it) that I bought so I want to get some HD stuff. The Valspar is suppose to be semi gloss but it's really not.... looks so dull.

My kids have a fre party today from 4-6, it will cost some in gasoline but it includes dinner, so that si what we are doing for after school and dinner today.

Sheila

May 10th, 2012, 12:02 pm #2

I need to mail a package, drop off the mortgage application, and play librarian at school this afternoon. I also need to get a few insurance quotes. Not looking forward to that part.

May 10th, 2012, 2:27 pm #3

I've been reading that tiny house family blog this morning, very interesting! Im not sure I could live in that small of a place for long term with 4 people, but it sure is interesting to read aobut.

Today looks pretty good to me.... not too terribly busy. I have to go out to Home Depot. I decided I don't care for the other trim paint (valspar with primer in it) that I bought so I want to get some HD stuff. The Valspar is suppose to be semi gloss but it's really not.... looks so dull.

My kids have a fre party today from 4-6, it will cost some in gasoline but it includes dinner, so that si what we are doing for after school and dinner today.

Sheila
It is a chilly 46 degrees here and I am worn out. Yesterday consisted of an 11 hour daycare day followed by a baseball game and Sunday school meeting.

Today is busy as well. I have cookie dough chilling to make cookies for a chicken and biscuit dinner that 4H is assisting with. I am making pumpkin snicker doodles as I had the ingredients on hand. I have also been making friendship bracelets for teacher appreciation day on behalf of 4H. I have finished 20 and hope to make a few more today.

All meals will be cooked at home. Lunch will be simple today, PB and J with fruit. Dinner will also be sandwiches brought to the ball field. DD has a game and I also have a 4h meeting.

I did order a new couch slip cover yesterday. It was cheaper than a couch and will be washable. I pulled out my summer summer curtains and discovered I am missing one. I have fabric I can use to make new valalnces. I hope to get them cut out today. I will probably repaint in here as well. We also registered the kids for a week of sleep away camp this summer. They are both really looking forward to it.

Have a great day everyone.

May 10th, 2012, 3:02 pm #4

Sheila
...taking the Valspar back for a refund.

May 11th, 2012, 12:06 am #5

Sheila
We were planning to leave for the cabin this morning to be there when the cement was poured for the garage floor. However, DH was having a lot of trouble with dizziness--this is the third day, and it has gotten progressively worse. He called for a doctor's appointment at 9:20 and he was in by 10! Anyway, the doc thinks he has vertigo--not Meniere's disease, but a different form that's more common in older people. There is no medication for it, but if it doesn't improve on its own soon, he will need to start physical therapy. It can come, it can go, it can stay. Keep your fingers crossed on that last one--it would be a heckuva way to spend the rest of his life.

By the time we got home, it was too late to go to Harrison. I had been planning to come back in the morning, anyway, and go back on Saturday, so we are just waiting until Saturday. Hopefully the cement will be dry enough that we can move all of the tools out of the living room and into the garage!

So...how did I spend the afternoon? Asleep! I can't believe I needed a nap, but I did. Which means I probably won't sleep tonight. AT ALL.

All I have done so far today except for the doc and the grocery store--and the nap--has been to drive the truck to the back of our property and dump the yard debris from earlier in the week. I also inspected the prairie dog holes--gonna have to do something about those. However, tonight I'm going to load up the recyclables and a few more things for the dump and make a run tomorrow morning.

Money spent today: $15 co-pay for DH's doctor and $71 worth of groceries, including some convenience foods because I really don't feel like cooking. I had a chicken pot pie for lunch and it will either be hotdogs or leftovers for dinner. Their choice.

May 11th, 2012, 12:09 am #6

Sheila
I spent the last two days on a picket line and today and headquarters...not spending much and just trying to stay safe..... this definatly
was NOT on my bucket list

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

May 11th, 2012, 12:42 am #7

We were planning to leave for the cabin this morning to be there when the cement was poured for the garage floor. However, DH was having a lot of trouble with dizziness--this is the third day, and it has gotten progressively worse. He called for a doctor's appointment at 9:20 and he was in by 10! Anyway, the doc thinks he has vertigo--not Meniere's disease, but a different form that's more common in older people. There is no medication for it, but if it doesn't improve on its own soon, he will need to start physical therapy. It can come, it can go, it can stay. Keep your fingers crossed on that last one--it would be a heckuva way to spend the rest of his life.

By the time we got home, it was too late to go to Harrison. I had been planning to come back in the morning, anyway, and go back on Saturday, so we are just waiting until Saturday. Hopefully the cement will be dry enough that we can move all of the tools out of the living room and into the garage!

So...how did I spend the afternoon? Asleep! I can't believe I needed a nap, but I did. Which means I probably won't sleep tonight. AT ALL.

All I have done so far today except for the doc and the grocery store--and the nap--has been to drive the truck to the back of our property and dump the yard debris from earlier in the week. I also inspected the prairie dog holes--gonna have to do something about those. However, tonight I'm going to load up the recyclables and a few more things for the dump and make a run tomorrow morning.

Money spent today: $15 co-pay for DH's doctor and $71 worth of groceries, including some convenience foods because I really don't feel like cooking. I had a chicken pot pie for lunch and it will either be hotdogs or leftovers for dinner. Their choice.
My husband kept getting dizzy and they couldn't figure out why so they sent him to the hospital. They said he had vertigo and did give him some type of medicine but don't remember what. After dealing with it on and off for maybe a few months, it left and hasn't come back.
Jaime

May 11th, 2012, 6:44 pm #8

I spent the last two days on a picket line and today and headquarters...not spending much and just trying to stay safe..... this definatly
was NOT on my bucket list

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."
will you get strike pay?

May 11th, 2012, 8:13 pm #9

No fun! My father and I have both been diagnosed with Meniere's disease, because we get dizzy spells and nobody knows why. I have 1-2 "real" ones per year, the longest lasted 3 days but it's usually for just one day. Then I have fleeting "not real" ones. They're far more frequent but only last for 10 minutes to an hour.

I hope they figure out what's going on with your hubby and make it stop.

May 12th, 2012, 10:42 pm #10

I had vertigo once, associated with an inner ear issue I was having. Woke up and the bed was spinning around. Ack! I was so scared to drive. Saw my ENT about it. Forget what he prescribed, if anything, to remedy it. It was awful to go thru. Hope it resolves itself soon!