FS June Day 9, saturday

FS June Day 9, saturday

June 9th, 2012, 11:36 am #1

Happy, frugal saturday.... I'm still fighting this crappy cold. I have to drop DS2 off at a B-day party this morning. Thankfully I was able to get out and get the gift yesterday- just have to wrap it. Other than that- I thawed some (home made) frozen enchiladas for either lunch or dinner today and I don't really plan on doing too much.

June 9th, 2012, 12:13 pm #2

It seems like it has been a long week. It is raining here so chances are dds baseball game will be canceled. Secretly I am happy. We were at the ball field until 8 last night. I need to PUPA this morning. I have a potential daycare family coming.

Grocery shopping is also high priority. My cupboards and frig are absolutely bare.

I finished recovering the dining room chairs yesterday - yeah! I also got all the patches put on DDs brownie sash. I am hoping to finish the kitchen table and chairs today.

June 9th, 2012, 4:05 pm #3

Tonight is the gourmet club dinner. It was supposed to be at my house, but I convinced a friend to have it at hers. However, this means I have to go early and be extra helpful. I need to round up some chairs and another rice cooker and do my shopping this morning.

DD's Special Olympics practice was called on account of rain. She is going to her boyfriend's 41st birthday party this afternoon, and then they will watch DVDs until we pick her up after the dinner.

I'm still slogging through my house. I probably won't have time to do anything except for One Extra Thing. I'm still working on the stove, a little at a time, and it looks vastly better.

DS came by unexpectedly after work to drop off a new insert for DH's prosthesis. Went out to check the boat and discovered the hole in the floor had completely filled up with water, and the life jackets, which the previous owner stored there (we normally put ours in the bow) were sopping and covered with mildew. He took the time to drain the reservoir and take out the life jackets, then covered it back up...bless his heart. His little black heart...this was accomplished with a lot of cursing and bad language...which he later apologized for. I've got one of the jackets soaking in bleach water in the laundry tub in the garage, and I'll get to the rest later. The bleach water is doing the job without additional scrubbing.

Last edited by MaxineS on June 9th, 2012, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 9th, 2012, 6:40 pm #4

Crappy weather continues in CT-more rain. Sigh. Regardless, I've plenty to keep me busy here inside the home! I made bfst (eggs on toast, coffee, juice), lunch (l/o for me, french bagette pizzas for 3 more), and also got 2 loaves of bread baking, a double batch of "Mapeline" pancake syrup. Dinner will be hot dogs and beans. I have done 3-4 loads of wash, all machine dried, due to the weather. Beds stripped, dishes washed, dried and put away a few times already today. It's perpetual. taking care of some paper work later, some grading to do. This weather is making me sleepy, so a nap may be in store as well! Have a great day!

June 10th, 2012, 2:06 am #5

Happy, frugal saturday.... I'm still fighting this crappy cold. I have to drop DS2 off at a B-day party this morning. Thankfully I was able to get out and get the gift yesterday- just have to wrap it. Other than that- I thawed some (home made) frozen enchiladas for either lunch or dinner today and I don't really plan on doing too much.
I mentioned on here a few weeks ago about how I had gained weight over the last 1-2 years. The worst of it being about 15 pounds since January. I went on a cruise in January and all those shorts I wore then will not fit now! I did go on a diet over the last 2 months or so and have managed to lose 8 pounds from where I started. Not enough to fit comfortably in the shorts though. Well I had no more time, I leave for 10 days in Colorado and Utah on Saturday. I went to the thrift store today and found 2 pairs of shorts, then tonight I went to a resale shop with my daughter. I found another pair there and a pair of capri's. I spent more than I wanted to at the resale shop but they fit nice. I'm still just in disbelief I had to just buy the size I bought. I'm hopeful when we stop in Indiana after our trip to Colorado I can camouflauge the weight I've gained with dressing nicely. I have 6 sisters and a mother who is a gossip. Someone showing up and put on a few pounds is always the topic of conversation behind their back....aack! hate drama!!
The grocery store has Saturday sales that they e-mail to you on Thursday. Today they had Ragu sauce for .97 (limit 2) and Philadelphia cream cheese for .97 (limit 10). I need a ton of cream cheese for my in-laws anniversary party that I'm in charge of all the food for, and I need alfredo sauce for the spinach dip recipe so I got 2 of those in Ragu brand and .97 each is a steal.
Dh and I slept in this morning (he skipped his morning boot camp class), when we got up and made coffee we decided we were going to get in the car and drive to Charlotte and go to IKEA and the outlet mall. About the time I was stirring my coffee my 11 year old son comes bouncing in asking when we were going to go get the present for the birthday party he was going to in an hour. Whoops, forgot about that! There went the plans of going to Charlotte! Oh well probably would have spent too much money anyway on stuff I didn't need.
Jaime