FS day May 24th-Thursday

FS day May 24th-Thursday

sheila
sheila

May 24th, 2012, 11:38 am #1

7 months till Christmas!

I knew that would get yoour attention, lol!

Today I am going to make Lindas swiss steak- in the crock pot, using stew meat. Last time I made this I only had about a lb of meat and my family ate it up and there was nothing leftover. This time, I have closer to 2 lbs and am hoping for some left overs!

I need to do some paperwork-filing, and I need to run to town hall to get the van off the tax rolls, I sold the van a month ago but just now got the papers from DMV.... also hoping to do some mending today.

May 24th, 2012, 12:48 pm #2

Just kidding. I started crocheting a scarf for DD for Christmas yesterday.

On tap for today is prepping for our 4 day camping trip. We are headed to an amusement park/ campground and staying in an RV. I feel like I have a TON to do with little motivation. I am going to head to the dollar store shortly to pick up paper products. Sometimes the hardest part is getting started I guess.

May 24th, 2012, 2:44 pm #3

7 months till Christmas!

Today I am going to make Lindas swiss steak- in the crock pot, using stew meat. Last time I made this I only had about a lb of meat and my family ate it up and there was nothing leftover. This time, I have closer to 2 lbs and am hoping for some left overs!

I need to do some paperwork-filing, and I need to run to town hall to get the van off the tax rolls, I sold the van a month ago but just now got the papers from DMV.... also hoping to do some mending today.
...and it's only one week away! Today I have to order the T-shirts. A friend designed them and they're going to be really cute. I also have to stand in line at the DMV (thanks for the reminder, Sheila) to license the boat for this weekend.

Otherwise, I have no other plans except for laundry, clean the fridge and to cook and eat at home.

Last night I pulled all of my beef bones out of the freezer and made a whole boatload of stock, including the leftovers from the Swiss steak we ate the other night. I'll add to it when I clean the fridge. The idea was to make the soup so we would have it for lunches this weekend. So, I still have to come up with something for tonight's dinner....

May 24th, 2012, 3:57 pm #4

7 months till Christmas!

Only 4 months until DS is 3 and MUST be potty trained for preschool. LOL! FAR more immediate than Christmas.

Yesterday I painted the concrete floor in our basement bedroom/closet/bathroom suite in anticipation of an appraisal. It looks so awesome. We have radiant heat in the floor, so painted concrete should work fairly well...I hope! I'm trying to turn our basement into an "urban loft" look. As strange as it sounds....I think it's gonna work. It's really open with high ceilings and lots of southern windows and french doors. I covet this light fixture. http://www.seascapelamps.com/product/abba.aspx for my urban loft look. Obviously, at $360, it won't be coming to my house!

We have masons at our house putting fake rock up on our garage. We've had terrible luck with masons in the past, so I'm crossing fingers and toes.

We had a forest fire 2 days ago about a mile from our house. Crazy. They put it out, but if it had been windy...we probably would have been evacuated.

Yesterday there were reverse 911 calls regarding two fugitives in the area. They said to stay indoors and lock your doors and windows. The school and daycare were on lockdown.

This week has been surreal...even without all the paint fumes I inhaled yesterday. LOL!

Paula

May 24th, 2012, 4:12 pm #5

Today would have been my dad's birthday. I miss him so much. He died at a young 61 years of age.

I will be going to Albertson's for groceries today and to the pharmacy either today or tomorrow. I will be doing odds and ends stuff around the new house.

Well, off to check the net and then to answer some e-mails.

2catsmom

May 24th, 2012, 4:40 pm #6

MIL's birthday is today. She left us 5 years ago this month at 62 years of age.

May 24th, 2012, 5:07 pm #7

Today would have been my dad's birthday. I miss him so much. He died at a young 61 years of age.

I will be going to Albertson's for groceries today and to the pharmacy either today or tomorrow. I will be doing odds and ends stuff around the new house.

Well, off to check the net and then to answer some e-mails.

2catsmom
Angel, you mentioned how pricey groceries are in your town. If you have any other store within, say, 10-15 miles, it would be more than worth it to check them out. Albertsons has always been THE highest-priced grocery store wherever I have lived. Not a few cents higher per item; often a dollar or more higher. I rarely shop there, and when I do, it is always just for the loss leaders...which are few and far between. I haven't set foot in Albertsons in about 6 months. They do have good in-store French bread, though.

May 24th, 2012, 5:53 pm #8

7 months till Christmas!

Today is the last day of school for my kids. I am as ready as they are to be off of a schedule for awhile. I went back to bed after they got on the bus today. When I got up, I used some leftover roasted potatoes and mixed them with egg and topped it off with a spicey salsa for breakfast. It was yummy. Lunch was a leftover pizza slice. Today has been spend picking up the house, finishing laundry, and trying to plan our summer so everybody gets to do what they want. I also printed my license today! I am officially a "licensed professional educator" in the state of Indiana!

In about an hour, the kids will be home. Dd has invited 6 girls over to swim, so it will be crazy here! I love it though! Dinner will be burgers on the grill and french fries. Watermelon for dessert.

May 24th, 2012, 5:54 pm #9

Only 4 months until DS is 3 and MUST be potty trained for preschool. LOL! FAR more immediate than Christmas.

Yesterday I painted the concrete floor in our basement bedroom/closet/bathroom suite in anticipation of an appraisal. It looks so awesome. We have radiant heat in the floor, so painted concrete should work fairly well...I hope! I'm trying to turn our basement into an "urban loft" look. As strange as it sounds....I think it's gonna work. It's really open with high ceilings and lots of southern windows and french doors. I covet this light fixture. http://www.seascapelamps.com/product/abba.aspx for my urban loft look. Obviously, at $360, it won't be coming to my house!

We have masons at our house putting fake rock up on our garage. We've had terrible luck with masons in the past, so I'm crossing fingers and toes.

We had a forest fire 2 days ago about a mile from our house. Crazy. They put it out, but if it had been windy...we probably would have been evacuated.

Yesterday there were reverse 911 calls regarding two fugitives in the area. They said to stay indoors and lock your doors and windows. The school and daycare were on lockdown.

This week has been surreal...even without all the paint fumes I inhaled yesterday. LOL!

Paula

This blog shows one way to make your own drum pendant. Obviously you'd use a larger drum than she did but you could copy the method. You can add fabric to a drum with spray adhesive and since they have straight up and down sides it wouldn't be too difficult:

http://tinyurl.com/d4wyssw

I also found this fixture on this lady's website but couldn't easily find it at Home Depot:

http://tinyurl.com/brobsju

I'd like one of these over my dining room table. The house we're buying has an old tacky tiered chandelier with hanging crystals. And I'm making sound a whole lot nicer than it actually is.

I don't envy you the potty training!

Were the fugitives caught?

May 24th, 2012, 6:33 pm #10

7 months till Christmas!

that about says it all right? wont' be doing much, LOL

Myra in West Texas