FS 4/29

FS 4/29

April 29th, 2012, 12:51 pm #1

Up relatively early, but don't feel overly rested as family members with insomnia kept waking me up.
: (

Nice sunny day here, laundry on the line. Making pork sausages, scrambled eggs, OJ/coffee/tea for bfst.
We are supposed to go to a family Mass for kids who will be confirmed in the Fall. Based on lack of sleep and those now finally asleep, that's not happening. Sigh. I'm cranky-sorry.

Dinner tonight will be BBQ sauce basted split ck breasts, homemade Campbells pork beans, salad.

Have a great day!

April 29th, 2012, 4:30 pm #2

Carol, can you sneak a short nap in somewhere? I have been so tired that I slept 11-3/4 hours last night. Not saying that Carol to make you mad or anything just saying I have just plain been pooped. I must do a little laundry today as I am down to very little that is not ready for the washer.

I will cook pork chops for dinner. I bought them on sale. They are bone in and only about 1/4" thick. I don't have any breading and dh does not want cream of soup over them. Any cooking suggestions. There are about six of them.

Well, I had better start my day.

2catsmom

April 29th, 2012, 4:46 pm #3

Up relatively early, but don't feel overly rested as family members with insomnia kept waking me up.

Nice sunny day here, laundry on the line. Making pork sausages, scrambled eggs, OJ/coffee/tea for bfst.
We are supposed to go to a family Mass for kids who will be confirmed in the Fall. Based on lack of sleep and those now finally asleep, that's not happening. Sigh. I'm cranky-sorry.

Dinner tonight will be BBQ sauce basted split ck breasts, homemade Campbells pork beans, salad.

Have a great day!
Sunny windy and perfect! One load out there, another one to join it soon. My allergies are kicking my butt and have spent all day with a sore throat. All meals to be eaten at home here today- lunch was sliced pork sandwiches from the pork I made in the crock pot last night and dinner will be grilled (thin) steaks and I am not sure yet what sides... BF is cooking. Right now my plans are to spend 20 mins in my room and each of the kids rooms just picking up stuff. I also have laundry to sort and put away. I have a freebie air purifier I picked up a while ago and I need to clean it and see if it works- might help with the allergies if it does.

April 29th, 2012, 4:55 pm #4

Carol, can you sneak a short nap in somewhere? I have been so tired that I slept 11-3/4 hours last night. Not saying that Carol to make you mad or anything just saying I have just plain been pooped. I must do a little laundry today as I am down to very little that is not ready for the washer.

I will cook pork chops for dinner. I bought them on sale. They are bone in and only about 1/4" thick. I don't have any breading and dh does not want cream of soup over them. Any cooking suggestions. There are about six of them.

Well, I had better start my day.

2catsmom
We like our pork chops best when they are simply floured and fried. Fry on medium heat until golden, flip them over, and put a lid on them. Turn heat to low. You can also add a tablespoon of water to the pan to create steam, which will help keep them moist. When the second side is golden brown, they are done. Season with salt and pepper and maybe a little garlic powder, if you like it. Serve with applesauce, if you have it. Cooking on medium and low and using a lid are the secrets to moist pork chops. The pan drippings make excellent gravy for mashed potatoes.

I slept a lot last night but not exceptionally well. However, quantity is definitely making up for lack of quality this morning!

Exciting day yesterday--got our first entry in the spelling bee! I did a lot of marketing yesterday and then DH and I went to the gourmet club for a multicourse dinner for $11 each. It was all good, but the lemon tarts for dessert were outstanding!

Also, the article in the Saturday paper was great! Not only discussed the bee, but the fact that our group has been providing scholarships since 1951. One of the things we wanted from the bee was greater recognition in the community for AAUW, and this piece certainly provided that!

No big plans for today, just PUPA (pick up and put away), laundry, maybe a little more work on the bee and breakfast for dinner (brinner) tonight. I'd planned to cook a big breakfast this morning, but we all slept in and got up at different times.

April 29th, 2012, 7:12 pm #5

Have a great day!
This time of year always brings lots of mowing and weedeating, I cleaned out the strawberry patch, still have a bit more to do that I did not know existed lol. We will BBQ some ribs tonight along with fixing some rice...
Our lives once again are changing, last week our union membership authorized a strike, so as of the 8th if it is not settled we will be striking, not something that I want to do but being that they have taken all protective wording out of the contract, they would be free to put 4 part time aids in our place instead of the two of us, this is in a special ed class...we would have to pay a bigger portion of our insurance (which would make it impossible to have if that happened) if we were even eligible for insurance at all. The district wants to outsource our busing and is looking into the custodial part as well, if not could cut him to less then full time with no bennies, with current language. (Hubbys Job.) A bit worrisome.

SS and GF just dropped the bomb that they are moving out, as in right now, baby is due in less then a month... so we will probably lose out on being a part of that...rather heartbreaking for us...we have enjoyed watching the progression the last months.

Thought DD was going to get an apartment when she went on her externship, now it looks as if she will be moving in with us...not a problem really but she is so ready to be out on her own, I feel bad for her.

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

April 29th, 2012, 11:51 pm #6

Have a great day!
Did a couple of loads of laundry, dishes, cleaned and vacuumed, and got in a 3 mile walk. Fixed the squeak on my bike. Meant to clean the trash collection out of my car but never got down there to open it up. Maybe tomorrow when I load the bike up to go for a ride, assuming it doesn't rain.

I made soup out of a pile of vegetables I got from the fridge cleanout at work. Mix of jicama, carrots, radishes, bell peppers, and celery. Used some beef stock, rice and chicken breast to round it out. Made enough for about 5 meals for me. Must need more seasoning or I cooked the veggies too long as it hasn't got a lot of flavor.

April 30th, 2012, 12:10 am #7

Have a great day!
Started the day with a breakfast of hash and eggs. Headed to Church for a very inspiring service. We were honoring our youth pastor who is moving on to be a camp director. After that we had chinese for lunch. I love Sushi! The kids picked up some much needed baseball socks using a gift card. I came home and took a nap. Lined dried 3 loads of clothes and put away about 6 loads total. Also mopped the kitchen floor and PUPA throughout the house. DH made a huge pot of chili for dinner and leftovers will be used for his lunches throughout the week. Feeling good that things are under control as tomorrow is a super busy day.

April 30th, 2012, 5:13 pm #8

Have a great day!
My mom got out of the hospital Saturday and went directly into the nursing home. Not sure if it's for good or if she'll stay til she's better, then go home, like last time. I took Ayla and her son, it was stressful for all of us to spend several hours in the nursing home with a toddler but my parents wanted to see him SO BADLY that it was worth it.

Before we left for PC, the kids wanted to take hubby out for his birthday, since they all had to work yesterday on his actual birthday. We all went to a Thai place Called Yummy, and it is.

On the way back from PC we were all hungry so I bought Happy meals all around. Not the best option but cheap, and Drake was able to run around at the PlayPlace and work off some energy and frustration before the drive home.

The price of gas dropped about 10 cents here this week, I filled up before going to PC and will have more than enough gas to make it til payday without filling up again.