First day at the carwash... (and prayers please...)

First day at the carwash... (and prayers please...)

June 18th, 2011, 1:49 pm #1

I have started a new job at the car wash and I really need some prayers about it. Some things in the 'service industry' have changed since the last time I worked a till. First of all- there is no till... Everything is computerized including the carwash which will randomly stop working. It seems to be a much more physically demanding job than I would have thought, too. The nice boy that is training me says that I'm doing better than he thought I would. All I really know about him is that he is REALLY looking forward to grade 11...

June 18th, 2011, 3:42 pm #2

Sending positive thoughts your way.

June 18th, 2011, 8:15 pm #3

I have started a new job at the car wash and I really need some prayers about it. Some things in the 'service industry' have changed since the last time I worked a till. First of all- there is no till... Everything is computerized including the carwash which will randomly stop working. It seems to be a much more physically demanding job than I would have thought, too. The nice boy that is training me says that I'm doing better than he thought I would. All I really know about him is that he is REALLY looking forward to grade 11...
What all do you have to do? I have every confidence that you can do everything and more than a 16 yo boy.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

June 19th, 2011, 12:37 am #4

I DO understand a bit, how you feel - everything being computerized, and being trained by someone younger than my kids.

I also KNOW you can do the job Kim, and I know you will do it well.

Nothing stays the same, car washes included. Hang in there!

June 20th, 2011, 9:54 am #5

I am just reading this now and hope it went well for you!

June 20th, 2011, 2:15 pm #6

By the end of the second day my trainer and I were pretty done with each other. I kept wanting to do crazy things like make change... He and I disagreed on what the complicated parts of the job were. I maintain it is not complicated to do a safe drop but he put a lot of emphasis on it. The safe doesn't light up... it must be important...

The problem is I don't think they can discrimiate against me for being too thin... but there are some things that I think I wasn't really shown. The kid is a really nice guy, but after spending ten minutes with him I could tell that he thinks in pictures. That is all well and good for HIM, but I don't see what he sees. As far as he is concerned - it is just another RPG.

I have another (last?) shift tonight with my supervisor, but I am really, really discouraged.

June 20th, 2011, 4:40 pm #7

Who trained this kid? I hope you learn more from the supervisor tonight. Hang in there, you'll get it.

------

June 20th, 2011, 11:32 pm #8

By the end of the second day my trainer and I were pretty done with each other. I kept wanting to do crazy things like make change... He and I disagreed on what the complicated parts of the job were. I maintain it is not complicated to do a safe drop but he put a lot of emphasis on it. The safe doesn't light up... it must be important...

The problem is I don't think they can discrimiate against me for being too thin... but there are some things that I think I wasn't really shown. The kid is a really nice guy, but after spending ten minutes with him I could tell that he thinks in pictures. That is all well and good for HIM, but I don't see what he sees. As far as he is concerned - it is just another RPG.

I have another (last?) shift tonight with my supervisor, but I am really, really discouraged.
being said on your behalf now, that the manager is helpful,and helps you overcome your discouragement!

June 21st, 2011, 4:53 am #9

Who trained this kid? I hope you learn more from the supervisor tonight. Hang in there, you'll get it.

------
I weigh 120.4 lbs this morning and the vacuum cleaner weighs about 100 lbs. I have a hard time tipping it, but other (heavier) people don't...

I can tip it if it is empty, but I can't budge it if it is full.

June 21st, 2011, 4:55 am #10

Apparently they only hire slackers and losers so my supervisor doesn't think I'm doing THAT badly. I'm going to go in this week and observe cashout.