Breakfast sausage recipe

Breakfast sausage recipe

September 19th, 2011, 3:41 am #1

I mostly use this with pork... but I think a pork/venison mix would be good as well.. I tend to make it pretty lean. Here is the basic recipe I use per lb of meat

3/4 tsp + 1 tsp Salt for every 10 lbs of meat
1/4 tsp pepper.. if you like pepper up this.. I dont so its at a minimum:>
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper same here.. if you like spicier sausage up this..
3 1/2 tsp sage can you tell I love really sausage heavy on the sage.. and used rubbed sage instead of ground...better flavor...

This is just a starting point.. I have worked with this over the last 4 years and this is what my family likes...

another hint...if your able to do your own grinding, mix your spices together, chunk up your meat in grinder size pieces and mix spices in.. let sit in the fridge for a few hours... then grind...and mix well.

I have a really good summer sausage recipe I will post as soon as I find it, I started making it about the same time I stared doing breakfast sausage... we got a grinder that has more then paid for itself now...

I make this with pork/venison 1/2 and 1/2 then smoke it and finish off in the oven...I have yet to get any into the freezer for another time. lol

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."
Last edited by TrinaOR on September 19th, 2011, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 19th, 2011, 3:54 am #2

3/4 tsp + 1 tsp for every 10 lbs of meat

OF WHAT? Salt?

September 19th, 2011, 1:34 pm #3

nt

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."