Would you ......

Would you ......

Anudist
Anudist

January 10th, 2004, 4:38 pm #1

Okay, this is a description of utopia. HOWEVER, what would you do???

By some magical event, Topfreedomness and Bralessness is permitted AND encouraged by the government. Would you participate and be topfree whereever appropriate?
How do you think this would change society --- would it lead to greatness or would it be the beginning of the end?

What would you do if this happened???

JB
JB

January 10th, 2004, 9:28 pm #2

I don't know why any government could "encourage" topfreedom. It should be legal, but I think it would be inappropriate for the government to encourage it.
How about the government encouraging people to read more? No, I guess that would not work out well for the people in power.

Anudist
Anudist

January 11th, 2004, 12:11 am #3

well maybe the government finally realized that the studies are right, Bras cause Cancer. Therefore, in the interest of help, the government "encourages" brafreedom in the interest of health.

OR

I will concede your point, but lets say that society therefore encourages it, then what!

Pat
Pat

January 11th, 2004, 1:12 am #4

I don't know why any government could "encourage" topfreedom. It should be legal, but I think it would be inappropriate for the government to encourage it.
How about the government encouraging people to read more? No, I guess that would not work out well for the people in power.
In France, the resort city of Cap D'Agde was built on a sparsely populated coastline, and from what I was told it was with the help of government grants or loans. If true, this would be an example of government encouraging topfreedom, at least in a way. Today Cap D'Agde is a thriving resort of 40,000 capacity. There are two areas, separated by a marina. One side of the city is topfree (Cap D'Agde textile) and the other side is clothing optional (Cap D'Agde Naturiste). On the naturist side of the city, one can spend an entire vacation without clothes, including restaurants, nightclubs and banks. The "textile" side of the city requires a bottom. On can see swimming suits in store windows with just a bottom. Here are a couple links with photos:
http://www.cap-d-agde.com/
http://www.capdagde.com/en/

JB
JB

January 11th, 2004, 4:51 pm #5

It's like saying that if a restaurant serves escargot, the government is encouraging the consumption of escargot because the government provided low-interest loans for commercial development. The fact that topfreedom is allowed is incidental, good, but incidental.

I think it is interesting that almost all the photographs on those websites are of young attractive women, all the close frontal shots are of women and some of them even show nudity below the waist. There are few shots of men even from behind, so it would seem that this is intended to attract male clientele, not really families. I hope I do not get flamed for saying that.

Nat
Nat

January 11th, 2004, 5:37 pm #6

There has always been more reluctance to show male nudity because male genitalia are- well- much more conspicuous and clearly associated with sex. As for them showing only young attractive people- isn't that true with ALL advertising? You don't see car ads showing old ugly people buying cars- they show young attractive people buying cars. Why would a nudist resort ad be any different?

Anudist
Anudist

January 11th, 2004, 6:15 pm #7

It's like saying that if a restaurant serves escargot, the government is encouraging the consumption of escargot because the government provided low-interest loans for commercial development. The fact that topfreedom is allowed is incidental, good, but incidental.

I think it is interesting that almost all the photographs on those websites are of young attractive women, all the close frontal shots are of women and some of them even show nudity below the waist. There are few shots of men even from behind, so it would seem that this is intended to attract male clientele, not really families. I hope I do not get flamed for saying that.
I clicked on both links just to see.

Yes, the first link does show a great deal of female flesh,

BUT

I think that its interesting that the second site, since it appears to be directed toward the USA market is almost like hiding the fact of the nude beaches in Agde. You'd really have to be "in the know" to want to explore the entire site to find any mention on the second site of nudism. Why are americans so uptight about the body???

AND

The reason that YOUNG "SEXY" females are used is that people always want to regain their youth. This is almost a universal desire and covers the entire globe. Regaining youth is NOT an American idea but spans the globe.

Why use female body? Because its beautiful. The male nude, unless sculpted like DAVID really is not all that beautiful but the female nude, be it waif like or even ruebenesque is full of curves et cetera and has been used for centuries in "advertising".

Whereas, I AM IN ADVERTISING, this is a known fact, "men will look at women in pictures, women will look at men AND women in pictures, BUT men typically do not look at the men in picture. Therefore when selecting a photo, its usually going to be of a female unless it is an obvious male based product such as an Electric Razor. HOWEVER, even then, they direct the advertising of the male product toward the satisfaction and the happiness of the woman.

Although men are rather intriqued with "more power" (see "Home Improvement") its seldom discussed about the torque of a razor and its power to shave quickly. Instead the ad is directed toward the closeness of the shave so that the man can get closer to his lady!

Anudist
Anudist

January 11th, 2004, 6:19 pm #8

In France, the resort city of Cap D'Agde was built on a sparsely populated coastline, and from what I was told it was with the help of government grants or loans. If true, this would be an example of government encouraging topfreedom, at least in a way. Today Cap D'Agde is a thriving resort of 40,000 capacity. There are two areas, separated by a marina. One side of the city is topfree (Cap D'Agde textile) and the other side is clothing optional (Cap D'Agde Naturiste). On the naturist side of the city, one can spend an entire vacation without clothes, including restaurants, nightclubs and banks. The "textile" side of the city requires a bottom. On can see swimming suits in store windows with just a bottom. Here are a couple links with photos:
http://www.cap-d-agde.com/
http://www.capdagde.com/en/
I don't see how Agde works in favor of your argument that government ENCOURAGES topfreeness or nudism.

YES, it may allow for nude beaches et cetera but
"ENCOURAGEMENT" implies more than just tolerance.

and

Agde is not really a governmental entitity. Instead it is a private resort area, privately held and run. Its more of a part of a larger community than just the nude/clothed resort town.

Sorry, but your example doesn't really work for me. HOWEVER, the basic idea would still be grand, IF the government would "ENCOURAGE" it.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 11th, 2004, 7:17 pm #9

I clicked on both links just to see.

Yes, the first link does show a great deal of female flesh,

BUT

I think that its interesting that the second site, since it appears to be directed toward the USA market is almost like hiding the fact of the nude beaches in Agde. You'd really have to be "in the know" to want to explore the entire site to find any mention on the second site of nudism. Why are americans so uptight about the body???

AND

The reason that YOUNG "SEXY" females are used is that people always want to regain their youth. This is almost a universal desire and covers the entire globe. Regaining youth is NOT an American idea but spans the globe.

Why use female body? Because its beautiful. The male nude, unless sculpted like DAVID really is not all that beautiful but the female nude, be it waif like or even ruebenesque is full of curves et cetera and has been used for centuries in "advertising".

Whereas, I AM IN ADVERTISING, this is a known fact, "men will look at women in pictures, women will look at men AND women in pictures, BUT men typically do not look at the men in picture. Therefore when selecting a photo, its usually going to be of a female unless it is an obvious male based product such as an Electric Razor. HOWEVER, even then, they direct the advertising of the male product toward the satisfaction and the happiness of the woman.

Although men are rather intriqued with "more power" (see "Home Improvement") its seldom discussed about the torque of a razor and its power to shave quickly. Instead the ad is directed toward the closeness of the shave so that the man can get closer to his lady!
Anudist wrote:

>Yes, the first link does show a great deal of female flesh, <

Yes, young and firm female flesh.

>I think that its interesting that the second site, since it appears to be directed toward the USA market is almost like hiding the fact of the nude beaches in Agde. You'd really have to be "in the know" to want to explore the entire site to find any mention on the second site of nudism.<

I noticed that the naturist part is in small print and most people won't even see it.

>Why use female body? Because its beautiful. The male nude, unless sculpted like DAVID really is not all that beautiful but the female nude, be it waif like or even ruebenesque is full of curves et cetera and has been used for centuries in "advertising".<

I don't know what "ruebenesque" is but I agree that the male body is less interesting, for most of us.

>Whereas, I AM IN ADVERTISING, this is a known fact, "men will look at women in pictures, women will look at men AND women in pictures, BUT men typically do not look at the men in picture.<

I think that is true.

> Therefore when selecting a photo, its usually going to be of a female unless it is an obvious male based product such as an Electric Razor. HOWEVER, even then, they direct the advertising of the male product toward the satisfaction and the happiness of the woman.<

So if a man does not have women around him, he will allow himself to look like a troll? Is that what you are saying?

>Although men are rather intriqued with "more power" (see "Home Improvement") its seldom discussed about the torque of a razor and its power to shave quickly. Instead the ad is directed toward the closeness of the shave so that the man can get closer to his lady! <

I never noticed that but come to think of it, the commercials usually have an attractive woman admiring the freshly shaved man.

JB
JB

January 11th, 2004, 7:19 pm #10

Sorry I forgot to identify my post