wondering about Rusty...

wondering about Rusty...

michaela
michaela

July 4th, 2004, 6:08 pm #1

I went to town this morning for church, then to the store to get all the things we forgot yesterday. While in our small town East of Henly, saw many friends, everyone out and about because of the holiday, and wondered about my chatty neighbor Rusty. I wondered if you are still here, Rusty, and if you ever see me in town, will you come up and introduce yourself. Hope so...Happy 4th y'all!

Rusty56
Rusty56

July 5th, 2004, 2:25 am #2

I'm still here. We have been playing the game of "What's broke today" commonly known as WBT. We also have been busy fighting the bad bugs in the garden and greenhouses due to all the rain.

michaela
michaela

July 5th, 2004, 3:36 am #3

Great to hear from you! I understand completely about the bugs. Yikes! The fire ants are coming into our house and carrying off the kids! It's really bad this year. But the water tanks are full

I was serious about what I said earlier. You've seen my picture, and so know who I am. If you ever see me in town, or wherever, come up to me and say hi.

Jodi
Jodi

July 5th, 2004, 9:04 pm #4

I went to town this morning for church, then to the store to get all the things we forgot yesterday. While in our small town East of Henly, saw many friends, everyone out and about because of the holiday, and wondered about my chatty neighbor Rusty. I wondered if you are still here, Rusty, and if you ever see me in town, will you come up and introduce yourself. Hope so...Happy 4th y'all!
In the past few years there have been people come and go over the internet. I have often wondered where some of them went. did they simply loose interest, did their computer break or have they died

July 5th, 2004, 9:46 pm #5

I too have asked that Jodi, reading through the archives.

I have asked Nat, we simply do not know. In fact we do not know whether they ever really left or just read and not post - or just browse. We have no 'roll call'.

As Nat just pointed out, when the topic changes it is surprising how many new names appear.

People come here for many easons. For some it does not provide what they are looking for, so they leave, for others they find the information they wanted and have no further use. Others don't like the tone, or post once and then don't like the reaction, or come across views they disagree with.

Maybe some of those names from the past will be stimulated to say "I am here"?

Anway Jodi, it is something that should be raised from time to time.

Michael

Nat

July 5th, 2004, 10:18 pm #6

In the past few years there have been people come and go over the internet. I have often wondered where some of them went. did they simply loose interest, did their computer break or have they died
Well the net is a very mobile place with lot's of places to visit. Some posters will run across BFF while looking for something in a search engine, post some comments, then move on elsewhere. There are many forums that I visit occasionally, put months may go by that I don't post anything at them.

I think one I really wonder about is "JB". He was definitely a regular here, posting nearly everyday, then one day he just disappeared. I really have a feeling something happen to him.

michaela
michaela

July 6th, 2004, 12:00 am #7

Nat, you hit the nail on the head...I wonder about JB all the time. I also wonder if something bad happened to him because he was always here, everyday, and then he was just gone. Poof! Sure wish he'd come back and tell us he is alright, and that he was just busy with a new romance or something.

July 6th, 2004, 1:06 am #8

Unfortunately if people do not log in, we have no way of communicating with them

michaela
michaela

July 6th, 2004, 2:00 am #9

Not everyone puts an e-mail into their log-in information.

Nat

July 6th, 2004, 3:02 pm #10

Email addresses often aren't that helpful anyway. People change email addresses often or use proxy addresses or even fictitious addresses.
And if you write someone and don't get a reply then you still don't know anything.