Where is everybudy?

Where is everybudy?

Nat

July 16th, 2006, 1:21 pm #1

Well gee whiz, where is everybudy? Everyone gone on vacation or do I need to shower more often?

peter
peter

July 16th, 2006, 1:27 pm #2

no...I didn't detect any offensive aromas . I was wondering the same thing. Been too quiet 'round these parts!

Shadow
Shadow

July 16th, 2006, 1:38 pm #3

Well gee whiz, where is everybudy? Everyone gone on vacation or do I need to shower more often?
Today I am here.

Yesterday Peter and I were up on Mt. Gainer riding our bikes. We climbed some hills, and braved some gravely new road surfaces and saw more people on bikes than in cars, which was really nice for a change. We didn't break any speed records because we stopped in a few of the pretty spots with shade and talked more than we usually do. Even other cyclists stopped when they saw us. No one was in much of a hurry. It was so pretty out. It's hot, humid, and totally gorgeous around here. We stopped after our ride to have a coffee and a fresh donut at our local Java house. Half the town was there socializing.

Today, originally, we were thinking about taking the kids and going to see the new Pirates of the Carribean, but last weekend you couldn't even get into the parking lot and I am afraid it might be just as bad this weekend. I am thinking we'll wait a couple more weeks.

What's eveybody else doing this weekend?

Nat

July 16th, 2006, 4:52 pm #4

Well yes, this is the time of year people are out doing things. You know I can't believe it's already the middle of July. Summer's half over! Seems like only last week I was worrying about my dead winter grass. They say the older you get the faster the days go by and that certainly seems to be true.

But it odd how activity varies here- not long ago it was quite busy and now nothing. I think one thing is Bob is spending to much time with his new GF instead of us!

Bob
Bob

July 16th, 2006, 9:53 pm #5

My "baby" is keeping me very busy (I'll spare you the details . . . . . . . OK, since you asked!):

FRIDAY: I didn't exercise. Our wireless router went bye-bye and I had to buy/set-up a new one. "Hard Mike's" was on sale for $5.99 a six-pack, and I thought this might be just the inspiration to prompt me to configure the new router. By golly, it worked!

SATURDAY: I didn't exercise. My mother's side of the family held their annual family reunion, and I (as usual) attended. I enjoyed seeing everyone . . . most of all my cousin's granddaughter . . . 17 y/o and just as sweet and gorgeous as Paris Hilton's pet. Some family falsely accuse me of having improper intentions, but this girl seeks me out. One cousin (whose husband molested their 15 y/o foster daughter) said, "Bobbie, next year we'll have to make sure there are women here your age!" (I smiled and nodded, thinking, "Hey Bitch, why isn't your husband serving time RIGHT NOW!!")

As usual, cousin's granddaughter was looking fine. She is the only female on that side of the family that looks bed-able . . . Rosanne Barr would be the second-best at this event . . . . I concluded that , while not Brad Pitt, I didn't fare so bad emerging from this gene pool!

SATURDAY NIGHT: Attended scheduled party with gf's family . . . specifically, her sister and hubby, their daughter and her b/f, their daughter-in-law (son is in jail), and the daughter and daughter-in-law's children. I walk in and there is a major oldie's-fest going on. Everyone has a head-start on me in drinking . . . . Jello shots, fruit soaked in rum, expensive bourbon, beer. I brought some "Hard Mike's" lime. Damn . . . this is my kind of party!

continued on next post . . . . .

Bob
Bob

July 16th, 2006, 10:10 pm #6

Well yes, this is the time of year people are out doing things. You know I can't believe it's already the middle of July. Summer's half over! Seems like only last week I was worrying about my dead winter grass. They say the older you get the faster the days go by and that certainly seems to be true.

But it odd how activity varies here- not long ago it was quite busy and now nothing. I think one thing is Bob is spending to much time with his new GF instead of us!
I noted my gf's family is into "oldies" (and not just me!). I walk in to "The Jackson Five". Next is "The Temptations" . . . then, . . . I heard this back in 1972, but I don't know (or care) who the artist is. Around me are people (mostly female) eating (for 2-3 hours) fruit soaked in rum, Jello shots (rum again) and bourbon. Females from 25 to 45 are dancing with each other, doing these undulating hips movements . . . they might be simulating sex, but I coukdn't be sure.

Of course, I grabbed a grilled hamburger (no bun, per diet!) and a Hard Mike's and said, "What is that dance you were doing . . do that sommore." Unlike my family reunion, every female member of this family is sexy (later, I talk with my potential brother-in-law regarding this -- his take: "Brother, I have been accused of looking and wanting, but you just deny everything and try to keep your tongue in your mouth!")

A bit later in the evening, the little girls are telling me, "Bob, we will dance for you if you pay us money." (WTF!) She proceeded to give a sample, so I said, "OK, dance for me for 20 seconds and I'll give you a dollar." Done . . . . . I had the distinct feeling that if there were more men in the room, these girls would have cleaned up! (before anyone gets too upset . . . no one touched the girls or did anyting inappropriate . . . other than encouraging a possible future career as an adult entertainer . . some women in the family have done that).

cont'd

Bob
Bob

July 16th, 2006, 10:18 pm #7

I ended the evening talking heart-to-heart with my gf, her sister, and the sister's husband. Very cool people. Very level-headed (despite the fact that I think a whole generation of pole dancers looms!).

Late Sat. evening (censored)

Early Sunday AM: (censored)

Sunday: I harvested my collard greens. I went to grocery and bought ingredients to fix greens (mild red peppers, fresh mushrooms, sweet onion, garlic clove, habanero pepper, smoked turkey). I am fooling around on internet and looking forward to vittles!

Nat

July 16th, 2006, 10:37 pm #8

Well I understand why you have been neglecting us now Bob. My family reunions were sure never that interesting! Maybe we need a new forum for your "(censored)" stories! We can even link to some videos of it on Youtube!
That should really spite things up here!

tgobg
tgobg

July 17th, 2006, 5:23 pm #9

been working on the honey-do list and by the time it gets dark im too tired to post anything.
But so far we havent had to put up the hurricane shutters this year.

Nat

July 17th, 2006, 11:01 pm #10

No, despite all the dire predictions, it has been a pretty quiet hurricane season so far.
But it's far from over so lets hope it stays quiet!