What would embarrass you?

What would embarrass you?

Kelli
Kelli

December 9th, 2003, 6:27 pm #1

There has been quite a bit of discussion on women being braless, topless, etc. I was wondering what would embarass you about being braless or topless. For me personally, I sometimes get embarassed when braless if my nipples are very noticable, as in you can see the darker color of my aerola. I do not mind if my nipples are pointing, as that is common even if one is wearing a bra. Other friends of mine, feel uncomfortable if any thing brings attention to their breasts. And, I do not feel comfortable being topless in public, so that is really not a concern. But if not, would I be embarassed by the size and/or shape of my breasts? I am comfortable with my breasts now ( at 33 years old ) but who knows when I am older, or after having children. I know that many people on this forum feel that size/shape of one's breasts should not matter, but still, for many women that is a very important concern. And, would it matter to you whether your significant other appreciated or did not appreciate your being braless or topless? These are just some thoughts that came to mind while on my lunch break. BTW, I am wearing a bra today. It was a gift from my hubby and he is taking me out to dinner after work tonight, so I thought I would suprise him.

kath
kath

December 9th, 2003, 10:34 pm #2

For me, the only thing embarassing about being braless (which I am for the second consecutive day at work) is the nipples. I have very prominent nipples, which are almost impossible to disguise (they even show through blazers at times). I can't stand when men make lewd comments disguised as jokes. Example "cold today kath?", "glad to see me? " etc. Also, men seem to think that because my nipples poke out that I am sexually aroused. This thinking put me in awkward positions when I was dating. I wish men would understand that some nipples are prominent, and to not flatter themselves.

Even worse is the catty looks I get from women. They'lll look down, then up and roll their eyes, sigh, shake their head slightly, etc. It's pathetic. Perhaps they are jealous because they're worried about their own partners eyes' wandering towards others? I have no clue.

I just wish that people would keep to themselves. I mean, I dont comment on a woman's butt, boobs, or men's goatees, or packages....

Mona
Mona

December 9th, 2003, 10:38 pm #3

There has been quite a bit of discussion on women being braless, topless, etc. I was wondering what would embarass you about being braless or topless. For me personally, I sometimes get embarassed when braless if my nipples are very noticable, as in you can see the darker color of my aerola. I do not mind if my nipples are pointing, as that is common even if one is wearing a bra. Other friends of mine, feel uncomfortable if any thing brings attention to their breasts. And, I do not feel comfortable being topless in public, so that is really not a concern. But if not, would I be embarassed by the size and/or shape of my breasts? I am comfortable with my breasts now ( at 33 years old ) but who knows when I am older, or after having children. I know that many people on this forum feel that size/shape of one's breasts should not matter, but still, for many women that is a very important concern. And, would it matter to you whether your significant other appreciated or did not appreciate your being braless or topless? These are just some thoughts that came to mind while on my lunch break. BTW, I am wearing a bra today. It was a gift from my hubby and he is taking me out to dinner after work tonight, so I thought I would suprise him.
Kelli, I have been asked by many women over the years if I have ever been embarrassed because of my bralessness. First of all, I am sort of an exhibitionist, I know that many on this board will not like to hear that. I have always liked when men look at my breasts. My nipples always show unless I wear a jacket or some other coverup, so nipples are not an issues. I only go topless in private, with friends, or on beaches where there are other topless women. As far as worrying about size and shape, I have always been comfortable with my breasts, although they are far from perfect. Mine are large, saggy, and one is larger than the other. I sometime wish I were skinny, but I just figure this is me. I am not skinny with perky breasts and that is that. In the past few years I have begun to think about the possibility that I am grossing out people on the topless beach. My husband reminds me that if they don’t want to look, they don’t have to. I guess that is good advice.

I can only remember 2 times (in the past 26 years) that I have been embarrassed because of my bralessness. One was the first year of being braless. We were at a picnic at my husband’s boss and we ended up playing volleyball (I was in a tank top). I was involved in a particularly active volley and was jumping around and running around for a few seconds. My breasts were jiggling and making a slapping noise (they do this often). After the volley had ended, the boss’s wife asks the group, “what was that slapping noise?” Everyone was quiet and she asked it again. I finally said I thought it was because of my tank top. She looked at my chest and then loudly said, “don’t you have a bra on?” I quietly said no.

The other time was at the wedding of a friend just a few years ago. It was an outdoor wedding followed by a reception on a dinner cruise type boat. It was a beautiful warm day and I wore a fantastic, sort of slinky, sundress. I really liked that dress and I had worn it many, many times. It did show my breasts and nipples more that most things I wear. All was well at the wedding, then when we were standing in line to get on the boat, there was a rain storm. It absolutely poured. Because we could only get on the boat in single file, it took a few minutes and we were soaked. We all looked like drowned rats. There was lots of laughing and kidding. Well, we finally got into the main part of the boat to greet the bride and groom and it was soooo cold in that room. As we went through the receiving line, I started to notice that everyone was looking at my chest more that usual. I finally found a mirror and to my horror, the dress had become sheer when wet. It was so see through that the veins in my breasts were clearly viable and not only were my nipples and areolas showing, but the little bumps around my nipples were obvious . And here I am with no way of changing my situation. I have no wrap and we can’t leave because the boat is traveling on a lake by now. I finally decided to just pretend that nothing was wrong. I spent a few hours completely on display. The thing I really hated was that I sort of became the center of attention and I knew all the attention should rightfully have been on the bride and groom.

Other than those two times, I have not had negative feelings about my bralessness and toplessness.

One last thing, Kelli. My husband always jokes that I am difficult to buy gifts for because of what I don’t need. Bras, camisoles, night gowns, pajamas, and swim tops.

Mke
Mke

December 9th, 2003, 11:49 pm #4

Why should yall be embarassed about your breasts in any way? Theyre only natural, so i dont get why youd be embarassed, you got no reason to be. If other people cant accept your body and seeing your body for what it is then thats their loss and they gotta live with it not you. Having your breasts exposed or having them be a certain shape or size isnt anything to be nervous about.

Mike
Mike

December 9th, 2003, 11:52 pm #5

For me, the only thing embarassing about being braless (which I am for the second consecutive day at work) is the nipples. I have very prominent nipples, which are almost impossible to disguise (they even show through blazers at times). I can't stand when men make lewd comments disguised as jokes. Example "cold today kath?", "glad to see me? " etc. Also, men seem to think that because my nipples poke out that I am sexually aroused. This thinking put me in awkward positions when I was dating. I wish men would understand that some nipples are prominent, and to not flatter themselves.

Even worse is the catty looks I get from women. They'lll look down, then up and roll their eyes, sigh, shake their head slightly, etc. It's pathetic. Perhaps they are jealous because they're worried about their own partners eyes' wandering towards others? I have no clue.

I just wish that people would keep to themselves. I mean, I dont comment on a woman's butt, boobs, or men's goatees, or packages....
Why would what those men say to you bother you? It isnt anything but immature words from childish people who never learn to grow up. Besides if you really respect yourself youll just take what they say as being stupid and just ignore it and not let it bug you.

Nat

December 10th, 2003, 12:08 am #6

It's hard to believe that so many men can be so ignorant about physiology that they do not know that 90% of nipple erections are due to temperature or friction and have absolutely nothing to do with arousal. Even guys nipples do this- haven't they noticed that?

Mike
Mike

December 10th, 2003, 12:18 am #7

Yeah alot of guys get erect nipples from the cold, now is someone gonna try to say that somehow the cold air arroused these men? Of course not but if they look at some girl and then for a reason of friction, their nipples get errect, people will say the woman turned them on and maybe she did but itd be more conincidence than anything else and the nipples may or may not be an effect of that.

Varmint
Varmint

December 10th, 2003, 2:49 pm #8

My humble opinion on the matter is that there is absolutaly nothing at all to be embarrassed about in terms of breast size, shape etc. Breasts are the most wonderful bit of anatomy ever created/evolved. The sheer diversity of shapes, sizes, textures and nipple placements is astounding, and never ceases to amaze me.
Breasts are my absolute passion, in the way that some people do birdwatching - they fascinate me no end.

And yes, sometimes I get incredibly aroused by breasts - its inevitable that something so beautiful will have an effect on me. The strange thing though is that I have gone completely and utterly off perky breasts - even if they're not in a bra. Natural, mature breasts are what interest me now. Strange I know . . .

tam
tam

December 10th, 2003, 11:52 pm #9

You know? I was thinking the other day that people today are much more rude than years ago. 30 yrs ago, I doubt any man would've made a nipple comment to a woman. It very rude for anyone, male or female to comment on someone's state of dress.(ie. you're not wearing a bra! or I can tell you arent wearing panties or underwear)

michaela
michaela

December 11th, 2003, 12:24 am #10

It is amazing in this day of everyone wanting to be totally PC that everyone pretty much just says whatever pops into their little minds. If everyone were to mind their manners, and their business more, there wouldn't be any need for political correctness.