what is....

what is....

peter
peter

August 1st, 2006, 2:45 am #1

I know this is most likely a really silly question, but what is a screenshot capture program? It pop up in one of my scans and I have never seen it before.

Nat

August 1st, 2006, 11:47 am #2

A "screenshot" is a picture of whatever is on your computer screen at the time you do it. You hold down the "shift" key while simultaneously pressing the "PrtScrn" key and it will record a image of whatever is on your screen to the clipboard. Then you can paste that into any graphic-capable program- like Word, Wordpad, Paint, or any photo editing program. It's something that every Windows computer can do and doesn't require any special program.

Below is a screenshot (in reduced size) of my computer desktop-

peter
peter

August 1st, 2006, 12:45 pm #3

thats cool! Thanx...now I am a bit more computer literate

Nat

August 1st, 2006, 1:11 pm #4

Screenshots can be used as a way to get around "copy protected" photos. Sometimes you will run across a photo that you would like to save but they use a trick that prevents saving it with the usual right-click mouse method. Well you can take a screenshot of it- then crop out the photo with a photo-editing program and save it to your harddrive that way.

Shadow
Shadow

August 1st, 2006, 4:29 pm #5

thats cool! Thanx...now I am a bit more computer literate
Peter,
Rene was showing me how he got a picture off of the LacunaCoil CD's computer video of the Halo Version of X-Box. I saw the picture he had. Asked him, "Hey, how'd you do dat?" and he showed me exactly the way Nat showed you, by taking a screen shot of the desk top.
Mac.