Weekend activities and a question for you all

Weekend activities and a question for you all

Mona
Mona

May 19th, 2004, 1:42 am #1

My husband Jim told me he posted to this forum last week after we were on the plane on Thursday. I went with him as he was speaking at a conference in the same city that my good friend Becky lives. Becky and I have known each other for over 20 years and I started her going braless and she started me going topless. I told this forum about going topless at her lake home and going to a college party for an afternoon that way. Becky is in her 40s and is petite and on the beach she wears thong bottoms and she has small, but somewhat saggy breasts.

After we got to her house, she and I drove the 2 hours to her lake home. After listening to the TV news, we found out it was going to be too cold to lay out all weekend, but there was warm weather just 100 miles south of us. She called a friend of hers (Cindi) and we were invited to go to spend the weekend at Cindi’s lake home which was 3 hours away, but it was suppose to be warm all weekend there. So we got up early and drove to Cindi’s. While on the road, Becky told me about Cindi. She is about my age and she likes to sunbathe topless. We got there on Friday morning and it was already warm enough to go the beach, which is somewhat secluded, with only boaters being able to see the beach. Cindi was about my size. I told Cindi that I hoped it was ok that I be topless, because I did not have a swimsuit top with me. She said that would be great, that is the way she always does her beach activities. After we got to the beach, we took off our cover-ups and I was somewhat shocked, because Cindi had on the smallest bikini bottom I have ever seen. She called it a floss bikini and it was just a small triangle in front held together by a thin thread. She said she did not want to mess up her tan and this didn’t. It made Becky’s thong look conservative and my full coverage bottom look like I was very modest. As we were getting settled on our chairs, all at once, Cindi got up and said that we were going to have ugly tan lines from our suits and that she had bought several floss bottoms and that we needed to put them on. I told her that I have a large ass and that I was sure a floss bottom would not look good on me. She insisted and told me that it was just going to be us three and that it would be fine. It is the first time I have ever had my ass showing. But, I will say that Becky looked great in hers.

Later that afternoon, we heard voices from the house and soon Cindi’s 25 year old daughter and another 25ish friend came down the steps. They were topless and had on floss bikini bottoms also. They say down with us and we all seemed very comfortable sunning. On Saturday, we all got up and before we headed down to the beach, we decided to check out the breast freedom forum, as I had told them about it and about Jim’s post. They like the posts until we came to the critical post from “not saying for this one.” They booed and Cindi went nuts. She just kept saying that I looked beautiful and that if the jerk did not like it, don’t look. I told them that this forum was for support and that 99% of the time it does just that. I hope they will post as they are all topfree and brafree much of the time. We spend Saturday on the beach, all of us with our floss bikinis on. It is interesting, but I felt much more comfortable almost being naked than I had the previous day. We laughed when we said that “not saying for this one” would completely flip out if he saw two 50ish women and a 40is woman topless and with our asses showing. The young women both said that they thought we were beautiful and should never listen to anyone doesn’t like to see “older” women. Later that afternoon, Cindi’s husband, Becky’s husband, and Jim showed up and they loved our looks.

One item I told them I would bring up to this forum. They noticed that the posts all use the words breasts or boobs and they thought that was strange. All 5 of us call our breasts tits and we wondered if we are out of touch, or worse yet, just crude. Cindi, Becky, and I have always called them that, even from high school on. So, let us know what you call yours. We are very curious and I think this might be a great way to get these 4 women involved in our forum.

michaela
michaela

May 19th, 2004, 10:51 am #2

You did see that we blasted "not saying for this one" I hope.
Sounds like you all had a great time. One question though...Why didn't you just get rid of the bottoms too and then not worry at all about those pesky tan lines?
Mine are usually boobies, or ninnies. When I nursed they baby called them bobbies.

Mona
Mona

May 19th, 2004, 12:01 pm #3

Cindi said that she wears the floss bikini bottoms because it makes her legal in her state. Since we could be seen from the lake, we needed to be within the law. Since I never go naked, I don't even know the law in our state, but I am not even sure we can be topless.

May 19th, 2004, 1:14 pm #4

My husband Jim told me he posted to this forum last week after we were on the plane on Thursday. I went with him as he was speaking at a conference in the same city that my good friend Becky lives. Becky and I have known each other for over 20 years and I started her going braless and she started me going topless. I told this forum about going topless at her lake home and going to a college party for an afternoon that way. Becky is in her 40s and is petite and on the beach she wears thong bottoms and she has small, but somewhat saggy breasts.

After we got to her house, she and I drove the 2 hours to her lake home. After listening to the TV news, we found out it was going to be too cold to lay out all weekend, but there was warm weather just 100 miles south of us. She called a friend of hers (Cindi) and we were invited to go to spend the weekend at Cindi’s lake home which was 3 hours away, but it was suppose to be warm all weekend there. So we got up early and drove to Cindi’s. While on the road, Becky told me about Cindi. She is about my age and she likes to sunbathe topless. We got there on Friday morning and it was already warm enough to go the beach, which is somewhat secluded, with only boaters being able to see the beach. Cindi was about my size. I told Cindi that I hoped it was ok that I be topless, because I did not have a swimsuit top with me. She said that would be great, that is the way she always does her beach activities. After we got to the beach, we took off our cover-ups and I was somewhat shocked, because Cindi had on the smallest bikini bottom I have ever seen. She called it a floss bikini and it was just a small triangle in front held together by a thin thread. She said she did not want to mess up her tan and this didn’t. It made Becky’s thong look conservative and my full coverage bottom look like I was very modest. As we were getting settled on our chairs, all at once, Cindi got up and said that we were going to have ugly tan lines from our suits and that she had bought several floss bottoms and that we needed to put them on. I told her that I have a large ass and that I was sure a floss bottom would not look good on me. She insisted and told me that it was just going to be us three and that it would be fine. It is the first time I have ever had my ass showing. But, I will say that Becky looked great in hers.

Later that afternoon, we heard voices from the house and soon Cindi’s 25 year old daughter and another 25ish friend came down the steps. They were topless and had on floss bikini bottoms also. They say down with us and we all seemed very comfortable sunning. On Saturday, we all got up and before we headed down to the beach, we decided to check out the breast freedom forum, as I had told them about it and about Jim’s post. They like the posts until we came to the critical post from “not saying for this one.” They booed and Cindi went nuts. She just kept saying that I looked beautiful and that if the jerk did not like it, don’t look. I told them that this forum was for support and that 99% of the time it does just that. I hope they will post as they are all topfree and brafree much of the time. We spend Saturday on the beach, all of us with our floss bikinis on. It is interesting, but I felt much more comfortable almost being naked than I had the previous day. We laughed when we said that “not saying for this one” would completely flip out if he saw two 50ish women and a 40is woman topless and with our asses showing. The young women both said that they thought we were beautiful and should never listen to anyone doesn’t like to see “older” women. Later that afternoon, Cindi’s husband, Becky’s husband, and Jim showed up and they loved our looks.

One item I told them I would bring up to this forum. They noticed that the posts all use the words breasts or boobs and they thought that was strange. All 5 of us call our breasts tits and we wondered if we are out of touch, or worse yet, just crude. Cindi, Becky, and I have always called them that, even from high school on. So, let us know what you call yours. We are very curious and I think this might be a great way to get these 4 women involved in our forum.
Dear Mona,

It sounds like a great weekend, and you have discovered like many people that it gets easier as time goes on. You obviously have a very supportive group of friends. I hope the weather stays nice for you.

Michaela has pointed out that it is somewhat absurd that as swimwear gets skimpier, one has to ask the logical question as to whether it serves any purpose at all!

You should never feel bad about any name you use for your own body parts. This does not necessarily mean that other people can take the same liberty when talking to you.

We have debated this issue before. The most extensive discussion is on this website:

http://www.harpold.com/500/paddock/00000174.html

I hope this helps, Good luck,

Michael

May 19th, 2004, 1:32 pm #5

Here are some relatively inexpensive bikinis of the sort that Mona described. However you are paying for a top you don't need. You could probably make one (a Floss Kini) for even less.

http://www.sunupsundown.com/denflosbik1.html

If you go to the Photo Gallery, you will see what we were discussing earlier, that the same swimwear (The Kini) does for both men and women. It is possible that it might be cheaper to buy a man's one if it is not too 'baggy', or 'take it in'. Obviously it is even cheaper to go without completely.

Mona made an interesting point - if you deliberately leave your top behind, or even don't have one, you have the perfect excuse.

Finally, Mona, if you were on a secluded beach, and not exhibiting yourself in a public place, it is highly unlikely you would end up on the wrongside of the law for being nude. After all if you were 'breaking' one law regarding the top, total nudity is only another law. What you do in 'private' is your affair.

Michael

May 19th, 2004, 1:53 pm #6

I am sorry folks, I didn't read the advertisement carefully enough, that is the price for the 'bottom' part on its own.

Which answers the question someone asked a while ago, as to whether the fashion industry was responding to women's needs and just selling the Kini bit.

Although Mona called what she described as 'Floss', if the front triangle was as tiny as she implies, that may be more of the Weasel (don't ask) style that was popularised in Brazil. Also available separately (click on Separates).

http://www.wickedweasel.com/

However even these are relatively expensive, $32 Australian dollars, for the minute amount of material involved. Perhaps BFF can go into business undercutting this site?

Michael

Pat
Pat

May 19th, 2004, 4:59 pm #7

Thanks for sharing your experiences Mona. Ageism is a very relevant topic in topfreedom and brafreedom. According to the census bureau, "The population age 65 and over will grow from 34.6 million in 1999 to 82.0 million in 2050 a 137 percent increase." Our perceptions of beauty may change. What we see becomes the norm. On French beaches, people aren't shocked by the sight of a topfree grandmother with her grandchildren. One sees topfree women with a wide age range. A figure you described as "smaller and somewhat saggy" is viewed as normal diversity.
But what about us, here, now? I hope that most of us on this forum have the healthy attitudes of you and your friends Becky and Cindi when it comes to older women being topfree/brafree. Do we? For example, what do forum members think about occassionally having a masthead photo of someone with a shape outside the media norm, somewhat older or larger, or smaller or saggier than the norms that we see in the media?

May 19th, 2004, 5:24 pm #8

Pat,

I thought we had agreed that breasts don't sag, some of them are just lower than others. Lets be upbeat.

Otherwise I agree with you, age is not a factor.

Michael

Pat
Pat

May 19th, 2004, 6:15 pm #9

Even the person who maintains the pro-breastfree website http://www.007b.com uses the term sagging. However, in some of the pages, some alternatives are mentioned.
http://www.007b.com/bra_sagging.php
http://www.007b.com/breast_gallery.php
“the majority of women’s breasts have that lower and relaxed adult position...Instead of saying these breasts sag, let’s just say they have assumed their normal lower position...I cannot but wonder that maybe breasts assume this lower position so that the baby can easily reach the nipple when you have her/him on your lap.”
Sure, feel free to post some more affirmative terms. Here's a few from a thesaurus: Adult, developed, relaxed, willowy, lower, graceful, elegant, inclined, refined, smooth, lissom, lithe, supple, draping, pliable, slender. Perhaps Mona/Becky/Cindi can pick a winner at their next weekend at the lake; perhaps they would just prefer the word sagging. All thoughtful entries win plenty of good forum Karma points.

May 19th, 2004, 6:19 pm #10

Pat,

basically I am a democrat, so of course people can use any word that they like, I liked your list.

Let's see what people come up with. I think the thing about words is not so much the word as the connotation. A word that is said in kindness will go a lot further.

Michael