Wednesday is braday

Wednesday is braday

kath
kath

December 10th, 2003, 12:51 pm #1

I'm sitting here enjoying my last cup of coffee before I head to work.

I decided to bra today. Yesterday, I cought co-workers talking to my chest on at least two occasions. I've become used to this to a degree, but when it happens in the workplace it just makes me uncomfortable...almost creeps me out actually.

I'm considering those pasties/coverups for future freeboobing-at-work ventures.

Kelli
Kelli

December 10th, 2003, 2:37 pm #2

Kath, I am sorry to hear that people at your office were so immature that they had to look at your breasts instead of your face when talking to you. But I do agree that at work, sometimes it is more appropriate to not draw attention to your breasts. I was just wondering, when you posted earlier that you have prominent nipples, were you meaning the size when they are pointing, or the visibility of your aerola through certain tops. I personally think that if a womans nipples are pointing, then there is no reason to be embarassed. But, a visible aerola does tend to make one appear to be unprofessional in the work place. Please don't think I am trying to judge you or anyone, but I was just wondering what was the reason for their staring.

JB
JB

December 10th, 2003, 6:35 pm #3

I decided to bra today. Yesterday, I cought co-workers talking to my chest on at least two occasions. I've become used to this to a degree, but when it happens in the workplace it just makes me uncomfortable...almost creeps me out actually.

I take it that you have not caught coworkers talking to your chest before, when you wore a bra. I can understand that you don't want to draw attention to the fact that you don't wear a bra. I am male, but sometimes by nipples become rather prominent, so I wear a sweater or a light jacket or a vest (waistcoat) to cover it up.

kath
kath

December 10th, 2003, 10:53 pm #4

Kath, I am sorry to hear that people at your office were so immature that they had to look at your breasts instead of your face when talking to you. But I do agree that at work, sometimes it is more appropriate to not draw attention to your breasts. I was just wondering, when you posted earlier that you have prominent nipples, were you meaning the size when they are pointing, or the visibility of your aerola through certain tops. I personally think that if a womans nipples are pointing, then there is no reason to be embarassed. But, a visible aerola does tend to make one appear to be unprofessional in the work place. Please don't think I am trying to judge you or anyone, but I was just wondering what was the reason for their staring.
By prominent, I mean they appear to be obviously erect. Men take this as in invitation, and seem to believe it means I'm aroused at their presence. As for areolas, I would NEVER wear something to work that showed those through. It's not professional in my type of work environment in my opinion.

Nat

December 11th, 2003, 2:52 am #5

Well to be fair, there are professions where it is not 'professional' for a man not to wear a undershirt- to prevent chest hair or even nipples (yes, men have those too) from showing through a dress shirt, so this is not strictly a female issue. I had one of those jobs once and hated every minute of it.

But as JB noted, a lightweight sweater hanging down loosely does wonders for hiding nipplage, if this is something you can do.

Mike
Mike

December 13th, 2003, 5:45 am #6

Just another example of employers who think the image of the employee is what really makes them special. Ive been some places where the employees look great image wise but they are crappy when it comes to the actual work, so I think that employers should stop bickering over something so stupid as exposed nipples. My feelings are that if the employee is doing their job and doing it effectively and the customers are happy and business is good then the employer has no reason to worry about what is exposed and what isnt. Personally I think if it got to be a problem then yeah they should deal with the person causing the problem but they shouldnt just guess that something bad "might" happen and overreact, they should just be as open as possible with the employees and deal with any issues when and if they arise which more than likely they wont.

michaela
michaela

December 13th, 2003, 11:34 pm #7

Well to be fair, there are professions where it is not 'professional' for a man not to wear a undershirt- to prevent chest hair or even nipples (yes, men have those too) from showing through a dress shirt, so this is not strictly a female issue. I had one of those jobs once and hated every minute of it.

But as JB noted, a lightweight sweater hanging down loosely does wonders for hiding nipplage, if this is something you can do.
I have noticed that "prints" work very well at camoflaging nipples and aereolas. I have a blouse that is even sheer, but because it has a print fabric instead of solid, nothing shows through. I still get pointy, but no color shows. And the pointy aspect is sort of hidden in the print.

michaela
michaela

December 14th, 2003, 8:16 pm #8

Could it be that the guys you work with have other problems that don't have anything to do with whether your nips show? Like, they are the ones who are completely unprofessional?!

kath
kath

December 15th, 2003, 2:59 am #9

Yes, I have come to the conclusion long ago that my male coworkers have maturity issues. My nipples just brought that out of them more unfortunately. Again, I have to work in this environment, so the last thing I want is negative attention like that. I will continue on my plan to complete brafreedom, but slowly. I will only go without to work when my nips are sufficiently covered in the meantime. HOpefully I will slowly ease into complete bralessness as it will become more accepted one day in the workplace. Sadly it's come down to such limitations.

tam
tam

December 15th, 2003, 7:51 pm #10

By prominent, I mean they appear to be obviously erect. Men take this as in invitation, and seem to believe it means I'm aroused at their presence. As for areolas, I would NEVER wear something to work that showed those through. It's not professional in my type of work environment in my opinion.
I said this before although, I'm sure who I said it to. The camisoles with lycra in them and that have a total lace bodice do a good job hiding nipples. I found 2. One I got at JC Penney and the other has less lycra but was found at KMart and is made my Joe Boxer. The Joe Boxer one would actually hide better because it has a seam thru the bodice as well.