Wedding..

Wedding..

Chardok Chark
Chardok Chark

June 3rd, 2003, 4:33 pm #1

Do you think it's okay to pull your dress down to your waist level during the reception?

Tony2
Tony2

June 3rd, 2003, 7:34 pm #2

It depends. Social standards of behavior vary from one group to another.

At a typical American wedding reception, it would probably be inappropriate. However, if you know that the bridal couple and most the people in attendance would be comfortable with it, then why not? If in doubt, don't. (Unless, of course, you're the bride. This event is for you, so you should set the tone however you want. Well, it's for you and the groom. If the groom doesn't want you to do it, then don't. That could probably go without saying.)

Oh, I assume that we're talking about a woman. If we're talking about a man who's wearing a dress, I have no idea how to answer.

Chardok Chark
Chardok Chark

June 3rd, 2003, 9:13 pm #3

I'm just wondering what you all think...

tam
tam

June 3rd, 2003, 11:23 pm #4

Do you think it's okay to pull your dress down to your waist level during the reception?
I think that anything done during a wedding or reception to distract from the two being married is rude.

Nat

June 3rd, 2003, 11:55 pm #5

Well, clearly it depends on what is expected. I have heard of weddings in very conceivable circumstance- on horseback, skydiving, underwater, and yes- in the nude- so you do what is expected and not what is not.

June 4th, 2003, 1:01 am #6

as much as I would like to see such a thing happen at a wedding, I think Grandma may have a stroke.
Could you may it look like an accident maybe??? lol

June 4th, 2003, 1:02 am #7

oh by the way, newbie here, read lots of posts so I signed up, love the site. Thanks.

Nat

June 4th, 2003, 2:12 am #8

Welcome aboard Benny.
Its always good to get some new perspectives here.

Melissa
Melissa

June 4th, 2003, 6:04 pm #9

Depends on the situation. At a traditional wedding I'd say no simply because it doesn't fall within the social norms for a traditional formal event any more than wearing a Harley Davidson T-shirt would be acceptable for the event. If it's a nontraditional wedding the people planning the event set there own rules (i.e. a Nudist Wedding, a beach wedding or something like that)

June 5th, 2003, 12:59 am #10

Welcome aboard Benny.
Its always good to get some new perspectives here.
thanks Nat.
Nice to be welcomed.
I will try to contribute
sensible comments and views
to the group. lol