Was it my imagination

Was it my imagination

Jodi
Jodi

May 13th, 2004, 1:36 am #1

Last night as I was dozing off I caught a minute of Jay Leno where Pam Anderson was being interviewed.

It looked pretty clear to me that she was wearing a sheer black shirt, braless or was this my imagination?

There were no comments about it being so sheer but Jay asked her about her outfit and she said it was from her own clothing line and as she stood up and turned around it was again very clearly a quite sheer black shirt and definate braless.

I am not saying that she looked slutty because she looked tastfully sexy but I was suprised to see this without it being blurred out even on late night T.V.

Maybe there is hope for us yet.

Melissa
Melissa

May 13th, 2004, 7:26 am #2

See through stuff gets by a lot, expically on late night TV.

Ron
Ron

May 13th, 2004, 10:37 am #3

ever watch wild on that comes on late at night? all types of see thru and mesh tops.

May 13th, 2004, 12:09 pm #4

Last night as I was dozing off I caught a minute of Jay Leno where Pam Anderson was being interviewed.

It looked pretty clear to me that she was wearing a sheer black shirt, braless or was this my imagination?

There were no comments about it being so sheer but Jay asked her about her outfit and she said it was from her own clothing line and as she stood up and turned around it was again very clearly a quite sheer black shirt and definate braless.

I am not saying that she looked slutty because she looked tastfully sexy but I was suprised to see this without it being blurred out even on late night T.V.

I think that society somehow seems 'safe' when things are behind a physical layer. I cannot recall 'see-through' clothing being blurred out.

Nat referred to bras as 'boxes' - they accentuate the breasts, create cleavage, but make the breast 'safe' by enclosing it in impregnable fabric.

As far as I know, despite the demise of Victoria's Secret, catwalk shows are still shown, which usually leave little to the imagination.

What will happen to Calvin Klein - although as we know these advertisements appear in different poses in European vs North American publications?

It seems we no longer get rid of one 'S' word and another appears. We agreed that 'sagging' breasts was a negative imagery, and I think the concensus was that some breasts are simply lower than others, neither better nor worse.

Now, to call a spade a spade, what is a 'Slut'? Lets face our enemies - usually us.

Definitions:

1. [n] a woman adulterer
2. [n] a dirty untidy woman

Synonyms:adulteress, fornicatress, hussy, jade, loose woman, slattern, slovenly woman, strumpet

See Also:adulterer, fornicator, pig, slob, sloven, slovenly person

\Slut\, n. [OE. slutte; cf. OD. slodde a slut, Icel.
sl["o]ttr a heavy, loglike fellow, slota to droop.]
1. An untidy woman; a slattern.

Sluts are good enough to make a sloven's porridge.
--Old Proverb.

2. A servant girl; a drudge. [Obs.]

Our little girl Susan is a most admirable slut, and
pleases us mightly, doing more service than both the
others. --Pepys.

3. A female dog; a bitch.

That does not look like it describes anyone we know, although I am cheered up to note that in Pepys' time, it appears to have had a positive meaning.

Essentially it describes behaviour, not appearance. Therefore it is unfair to a woman to describe her appearance as like a 'Slut'. women have really had a number done on them here - what would we call a man who fits these descriptions (hint: loglike fellow)?

So let us either drop the word, or use it in Pepys' sense, of a hard working person who pleases people!

Michael

Nat

May 13th, 2004, 1:36 pm #5

ever watch wild on that comes on late at night? all types of see thru and mesh tops.
My biggest pet-peeve is young people's disregard for proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.

I have read your post over and over and I still don't know what you saying.

Is "wild" a TV show? or did you mean "while" watching TV?

And finally, what do they teach in school these days? I'd really like to know.

Ron
Ron

May 13th, 2004, 1:48 pm #6

wild on is the name of a show they have on e-channel. it comes on around 1:00 am. as far as what they teach in school nowadays i have no idea, except from what i see my children bring home. i happen to be 41 yrs old.

jaerke
jaerke

May 13th, 2004, 1:51 pm #7

My biggest pet-peeve is young people's disregard for proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.

I have read your post over and over and I still don't know what you saying.

Is "wild" a TV show? or did you mean "while" watching TV?

And finally, what do they teach in school these days? I'd really like to know.
Hi Nat,
You're absolutely right about the poor spelling on the internet. It annoys me too, but I realized that it is something else than education. I don't think people spell now much worse than, say, 10 years ago. It's just that now everybody writes in public whereas 10 years ago only people who had at least a college degree dared to write something the whole world would be able to read.
I hope I made myself clear since English is not my native language...

Nat

May 13th, 2004, 1:56 pm #8

wild on is the name of a show they have on e-channel. it comes on around 1:00 am. as far as what they teach in school nowadays i have no idea, except from what i see my children bring home. i happen to be 41 yrs old.
Oh, Sorry, Ron.

I was taught that titles were capitalized and enclosed in quotes.

What did they teach in your school?

Nat

May 13th, 2004, 2:04 pm #9

Hi Nat,
You're absolutely right about the poor spelling on the internet. It annoys me too, but I realized that it is something else than education. I don't think people spell now much worse than, say, 10 years ago. It's just that now everybody writes in public whereas 10 years ago only people who had at least a college degree dared to write something the whole world would be able to read.
I hope I made myself clear since English is not my native language...
You are perfectly clear, Jaerke.

In fact, I have observed that foreign posters generally have better spelling and grammar skills than Americans and I think this really says something about the deplorable state of our current American education system.

If I had turned in school papers with the spelling and grammar I see on the internet I would have gotten expelled.

The fact that these posts are seen all over the world makes it even more embarrassing.

Donna
Donna

May 14th, 2004, 7:48 pm #10

I work the night shift and I record the show to watch the next day.

Yes...Last night(May 12)when you was dozing off to Jay Leno show where Pam Anderson was being interviewed.

It was clear to me that she was wearing a sheer black shirt, braless and I reran my VCR 3x to make sure I wasn’t my imagination?

There were no comments about it being so sheer and yes “Jay asked her about her outfit” Pam did said it was from her own clothing line and when she stood up and turned around it gave no doubt that she clearly a quite sheer black shirt and definitely braless.

I am not saying that she looked slutty, However she looked tastefully sexy but I was bowled over to see this without it being blurred out even on late night network T.V.

Maybe there is hope the world points of view are changing for the best.