useless message statistics

useless message statistics

etal
etal

September 7th, 2007, 2:19 pm #1

a count of the number of messages by author, since we returned to network54, might be interesting. one other useless statistic could be the average number of words per message for each author.

for message count only, i suspect nat leads. for average number of words per message, bob may lead.

Nat

September 7th, 2007, 3:15 pm #2

Well if we had more posters here I wouldn't have to post so much.
I'm just trying to keep the forum going.
So go find more people to post and I won't have to carry so much of the load.

Bob
Bob

September 7th, 2007, 5:52 pm #3

a count of the number of messages by author, since we returned to network54, might be interesting. one other useless statistic could be the average number of words per message for each author.

for message count only, i suspect nat leads. for average number of words per message, bob may lead.
I like to list my "evidence", and describe my thought processes, that lead up to my conclusions, rather than just say, "This is what I think." I enjoy reading the same from others, though I don't see it much. Some people might describe me as long-winded or verbose (actually, when speaking I am much more concise). Some people want to "cut through the bullsh!t" and keep it short and simple. I can go either way with it. I don't mind if people are "short and sweet" or if the are more lengthy and discussional. It can work both ways.

As for "average number of words" per posting, I think I might come in second to Bayko. When he goes into his historical references, it can become a dissertation (which tends to lose me, unless I am particilarly interested in that detail).

I concur with Nat, that it would be nice to see more people posting here . . would add more interest. I've always heard that only a small percentage of a medium's audience ever writes or calls in. I understand if people don't care about a specific topic, or if they are shy about posting. What I have a harder time understanding is when people complain that "its quiet in here", but almost anything one says or writes results in objections (not so much here as elsewhere)

tgobg
tgobg

September 7th, 2007, 10:14 pm #4

k

Nat

September 8th, 2007, 3:57 am #5

If this is suppose to be a message it's sure over my head.

Eric UK
Eric UK

September 8th, 2007, 9:33 am #6

Well if we had more posters here I wouldn't have to post so much.
I'm just trying to keep the forum going.
So go find more people to post and I won't have to carry so much of the load.
I try to do my bit. The trouble is, when I am not sat in front of the screen, I think of things to talk about and to get opinions from your side of the pond, but once sat here the mind goes blank. It would certainly be good to here from a few more people. There seems to be a short flurry of interest when breasts are mentioned, but then it dies down again:)

Eric

Nat

September 8th, 2007, 1:42 pm #7

Yes, guess we should convert back to a boobie forum huh? Well it is interesting how activity ebbs and flows. We can go days when no-one says anything and you think no-one is even reading the forum then someone will post something a dozen people sudden appear. And I know summer is a time when people are busy doing outdoor stuff. But it sure would help if we had a few more posters like Bob. And I like hearing your perspective from the UK and Marseil's from France. So jot down those ideas you think about and don't be afraid to start a new topic discussing them. Not everyone is interested in everything but I'm sure that among us someone among will want to talk about it- just as we did in our electronics discussion below.

tgobg
tgobg

September 9th, 2007, 12:43 am #8

If this is suppose to be a message it's sure over my head.
Mostly Just sarcasm about word counts "k" being short for Okay. I figured i would go for least amount of words.

mackayla
mackayla

September 9th, 2007, 6:36 pm #9

I haven't had anything to say since Bob was on here the other day making paranoid delusional remarks about how he was thinking that some female on this forum must have tattled to photobucket about the topless picture.

I am not sure if Etal is female or not, if Etal is a lady, I'm quite certain she isn't the type to tattle about a picture. If not female, I think that only leaves me, which brings me round to my first thought, and that is that Bob is trying to get me fired up for some reason.

So that said, I have also been really busy riding my bike in order to be able to manage the Livestrong Challenge, which I notice went un-noticed when I posted about it. With a bike to ride and a beautiful creek to jump into afterword, why in heavens name would I want to rat out a picture to photobucket? I am not a fat, pasty, locked in a cubical with nothing to do but be on a computer all day, prud assed, tattler.

As to Eric UK's comment about wondering why I hadn't had anything to say about the beach strings thoughts on what kind of women were preferred for topless viewing....I know all about Bob's strict body rules and how he believes everyone should have an expiration date, no matter what. I also know that Bob doesn't know shit about it. I think he went on one bike ride, once, and never got past the sore beginners butt, and so never got to find out that the bike is the fountain of youth, and that people who ride bikes everyday, men and women, get to wear as little as they like, no matter what the Bob's of the world think, because they have the legs, ass, and everything else for it, and no longer have an expiration date, because they have discovered that bikes defy the laws of aging.

I don't even have time for quiet distain...too busy having fun, and working, and making really strange tan lines.

How many words was that?

Save the Earth, ride your bike!
Or...
Save a horse, ride a cowboy!

Nat

September 9th, 2007, 6:56 pm #10

I noticed your LIVESTRONG CHALLENGE post.
You summed up the situation quite well and I saw no need to add anything to it.
I suspect that how the others here felt.