Untitled

Untitled

emma427
emma427

September 16th, 2004, 3:38 pm #1

Last week my husband and I went up to the local restaurant/bar where we go once a week to unwind, and there was an acquaintance of mine (female) in there who noticed my lack of bra and told me how good I looked. I thanked her and we started to talk about bra freedom. I told her I had thrown my bras away and that I didn't even have any. She was very interested and said she was going to try it herself.

Well, last night we went back up there again and there she was, but she had a bra on. I asked her what happened, did she try it. She said she did, that she actually went four days without a bra, but that her husband told her that her breasts were not big enough to be braless. Have you ever heard such crap? There was another woman sitting near us who joined the conversation and opened her sweater to reveal a shirt underneath through which she could be seen to be obviously brafree.

I told them about the this site, so maybe they will join us.

Nat

September 16th, 2004, 5:22 pm #2

"Not big enough to be brafree"? Now there's a new one! Usually you hear just the opposite- too big to be brafree.

But it just shows how irrational this bra business is.

I'm glad you told them about BFF and hope they will join us.

Jodi
Jodi

September 16th, 2004, 9:26 pm #3

Last week my husband and I went up to the local restaurant/bar where we go once a week to unwind, and there was an acquaintance of mine (female) in there who noticed my lack of bra and told me how good I looked. I thanked her and we started to talk about bra freedom. I told her I had thrown my bras away and that I didn't even have any. She was very interested and said she was going to try it herself.

Well, last night we went back up there again and there she was, but she had a bra on. I asked her what happened, did she try it. She said she did, that she actually went four days without a bra, but that her husband told her that her breasts were not big enough to be braless. Have you ever heard such crap? There was another woman sitting near us who joined the conversation and opened her sweater to reveal a shirt underneath through which she could be seen to be obviously brafree.

If I were you next week I would go again but wear something that was a real statement maker, just to get a good conversation started and hope to draw her husband into it and give him the full facts.

Good luck with your project, I also have never heard something so ridiculous.

Maybe he is the one that needs to visit here a while.

David
David

September 16th, 2004, 11:25 pm #4

"Not big enough to be brafree"? Now there's a new one! Usually you hear just the opposite- too big to be brafree.

But it just shows how irrational this bra business is.

I'm glad you told them about BFF and hope they will join us.
No, Nat, I hear it all the time. The unhappiest people in the world are the As and the Ds, each wants what the other has.

The A argument goes "If I don't wear a bra people will think I have no breasts .....boys won't look at me...etc" It is the "Flat-Chest" phobia - and if you were teased about being a FC that is very sad, but understandable. Bras provide image. It is also linked to self esteem, in that they literally provide a lift or boost and speak uniformity.

It always takes courage to be different. What I am hearing here is that we should all start up conversations in bars and restaurants and the concept of what is 'different' might change.

JB
JB

September 17th, 2004, 1:59 am #5

I don't see why size would matter, I think comfort is what matters. If anything, being small, I would think, would be a reason to try going without.

September 17th, 2004, 2:05 am #6

What a bunch of crap, typical male jerks,

I am personally too big to do it by most standards (40DD) but I do it anyways because IT feels good, I hate bras, don't give a crap about what guys says about seeing me braless

And I get far fewer people who do like more that those who don't like seeing braless women, wait until the days when you will see topless women legally in public (much more commn these days then even a few years ago)

My two cents worth from the " too big crowd " to tell the husband who said his wide was too small, shut up and grow up !!

September 17th, 2004, 2:12 am #7

No, Nat, I hear it all the time. The unhappiest people in the world are the As and the Ds, each wants what the other has.

The A argument goes "If I don't wear a bra people will think I have no breasts .....boys won't look at me...etc" It is the "Flat-Chest" phobia - and if you were teased about being a FC that is very sad, but understandable. Bras provide image. It is also linked to self esteem, in that they literally provide a lift or boost and speak uniformity.

It always takes courage to be different. What I am hearing here is that we should all start up conversations in bars and restaurants and the concept of what is 'different' might change.
I think size has absolutely nothing to do with going braless and topless, I have g/f's who are ranging from 12 and 14 yr olds who go braless and topless at home and they are a/b's to someone like me who is a 40DD

I go braless and topless when ever and where ever possible because of two main reasons:

a) because it makes ME feel free and comfortable and happy
b) because I like to bring some joy into the world and being braless and topless I get to talk to a lot of guys and girls about bare breasts and perky nipples (two of my favorite subjects) when we are talking and they are looking/staring at my chest area (hey, i am up here !!)

I think of it as being my own personal service announcment for the better good of mankind !!! hahaha lol

my crazy two cents worth

September 17th, 2004, 2:28 am #8

I am a 32A and rarely wear a bra (mostly to work, even there I wear a camisole usually). Like Paula pointed out it is usually the other way - its a lot easier to be bra-free when you have a smaller size.

Comfort is what matters. Good luck emma...

Venus

David
David

September 17th, 2004, 2:46 am #9

I think size has absolutely nothing to do with going braless and topless, I have g/f's who are ranging from 12 and 14 yr olds who go braless and topless at home and they are a/b's to someone like me who is a 40DD

I go braless and topless when ever and where ever possible because of two main reasons:

a) because it makes ME feel free and comfortable and happy
b) because I like to bring some joy into the world and being braless and topless I get to talk to a lot of guys and girls about bare breasts and perky nipples (two of my favorite subjects) when we are talking and they are looking/staring at my chest area (hey, i am up here !!)

I think of it as being my own personal service announcment for the better good of mankind !!! hahaha lol

my crazy two cents worth

Well, obviously I agree with you - what a breath of fresh air you are!

David
David

September 17th, 2004, 2:50 am #10

What a bunch of crap, typical male jerks,

I am personally too big to do it by most standards (40DD) but I do it anyways because IT feels good, I hate bras, don't give a crap about what guys says about seeing me braless

And I get far fewer people who do like more that those who don't like seeing braless women, wait until the days when you will see topless women legally in public (much more commn these days then even a few years ago)

My two cents worth from the " too big crowd " to tell the husband who said his wide was too small, shut up and grow up !!
While I tend to agree in principle, unfortunately there are too many people out there to whom these things are important.

I don't think that confronting husbands will be productive - there are people on this site who had to win their husbands over.

Both women and men need a lot of education about breasts.