Undershirts?

Undershirts?

April 5th, 2002, 3:19 pm #1

To those female BFF members who worry about their protruding nipples when they are braless, might I suggest men's undershirts? You can choose the fit and fabric thickness that best complement your breasts/nipples, but any simple, cotton undershirt should minimize nipple protrusion while providing the comfort of brafreedom. And while I know that undershirts may not work for all tops, they should work for many. I encourage all of you to respond to this query, since I'm very anxious to read your thoughts on this possible solution.

Regards,

Matt

Susan
Susan

April 5th, 2002, 5:23 pm #2

Matt, I have a few undershirts that I wear when it's absolutely necessary to wear something under my tops. I prefer the white cotton ribbed ones. Mine are tank top style. You know, women who want to wear undershirts don't have to buy men's undershirts. The ones that I have are made especially for women. They are super comfortable and I would recommend that all women wear them when necessary.

Dave
Dave

April 6th, 2002, 4:19 am #3

To those female BFF members who worry about their protruding nipples when they are braless, might I suggest men's undershirts? You can choose the fit and fabric thickness that best complement your breasts/nipples, but any simple, cotton undershirt should minimize nipple protrusion while providing the comfort of brafreedom. And while I know that undershirts may not work for all tops, they should work for many. I encourage all of you to respond to this query, since I'm very anxious to read your thoughts on this possible solution.

Regards,

Matt
Isn't it funny- some women worry about their nipples showing- while others wear rings to make them show even more(see below).

Terry
Terry

April 6th, 2002, 5:23 am #4

Isn't it strange that women get breasts implants and wear padded and push-up bras to make their breasts look as big as possible but then they get freaked if thier nipple makes a little bump! Can someone explain this?

Zena
Zena

April 6th, 2002, 5:33 am #5

No, I can't explain it but it I know it's true. When I was in H.S. my friends (and even people I didn't know) would say- "your headlights are on" or "your on high beams". In any case, I knew they were referring to the fact my nipples were poking, and clearly this was an undesirable thing in their view. I just wish I could have thought of a clever thing to say back to put them in place!

Zena

Nat
Nat

April 6th, 2002, 5:47 am #6

Good to see you back Zena. I've been wondering where some of our regulars have drifted off to. As for the nipple issue, I think nipples have gotten connected to sex in people's minds. Maybe their 'erection' makes people think of a penis erecting. Never mind that they are totally different processes. And nipples erect for all sorts of reasons that have nothing to do with sex- from cold, from friction, sometimes for no reason at all. (For that matter so do penises.) Anyway, breasts, though much larger, are constants, but nipples come and go, so people attach a special significance to their appearance.

-Nat

April 6th, 2002, 6:02 am #7

No, I can't explain it but it I know it's true. When I was in H.S. my friends (and even people I didn't know) would say- "your headlights are on" or "your on high beams". In any case, I knew they were referring to the fact my nipples were poking, and clearly this was an undesirable thing in their view. I just wish I could have thought of a clever thing to say back to put them in place!

Zena
Hey Zena, good to see you! Those that made comments were envious of your advanced development. I won't even mention hormone levels in kids that age...they'd spot erect nipples through steel plating!

(Unplanned) Erections, be they in nipples or a penis, are the body's way of keeping those parts in working order. I think it is where the old saying "if you don't use it, you'll lose it" comes from. Men have several erections while they sleep and never even know it, except of course for the morning woodrow. Nipples are the same way, the body does it's magic so when called upon, they will perform. The sexual double standard that gets applied to these events is really nothing more than fantasy for the not-quite-fully-mature. At least that's what I think.

As far as comebacks for high-beam remarks, just say "yeah, and by the gaze on your face you'd be the animal on the road about to get hit!"

Terry
Terry

April 6th, 2002, 6:34 am #8

Zena
Hi Zena, yes it is good to see you back. I remember when Nat had a picture of you in a white turtleneck sweater posted. Your 'headlights' were definitely on and they looked very nice! :) I think if you wear fuzzy sweaters like that your nipples will erect just from the friction. I wonder if you wore them a lot if your nipples develop a certain 'permanent' erectness. No problem if they did. They looks just fine!

Terry

Tammy
Tammy

April 6th, 2002, 5:51 pm #9

I think nipples do develop some 'permanent erectness' from going braless. My did. And I think thats a good thing. Maybe the reason so many women have trouble breast feeding (short or inverted nipples) is because bras keep their nipples pushed flat and prevents them from developing properly. Doesn't that kind of make sense?

kelli
kelli

April 7th, 2002, 6:45 pm #10

I just got home from a day wedding, and had to comment on this subject. There was one lady who looked to be in her late 30s and was wearing a cute pink skirt with a pink bra and tight white tank top. It was actually a cute outfit, but the temperature in the hotel was very chilly and her nipples were definatly making their debut. I am sure other people noticed. Even though she was wearing a bra, they were quite noticable as my husband even made a comment. But she seemed quite comfortable with it as she made no effort to cover them or hide them, and I thought that was perfectly ok. It is true, nipples can be stimulated by either becoming aroused, chilly, or the feel of certain fabrics against your skin, and that it should not always be considered sexual. Just my thoughts.