Unacceptable, Even to Family

Unacceptable, Even to Family

February 6th, 2006, 2:26 pm #1

Just recently I learned about a bad situation my oldest daughter had to deal with when visiting family in Oregon last year. My daughter and her husband went to visit all our family and planned on staying with the various mambers for two weeks. My sister in law proved to be quite a thorn in my daughters side during this time.

When they showed up one day my S.I.L. told my D. that she had to change her t-shirt before her young son got home and saw it. The shirt had a beautiful print of Bettie Page, a 50's pin-up model, all down the front. My D. questioned her but changed the shirt in an attempt to keep the peace. (she changed into one that had big letters spelling out WHITE TRASH written accross the front. Ha!)

Also for a week my D. endured my S.I.L.'s comments and attempts to get her to put on a bra. She'd say things like, "You're sagging." and other obnoxious and untrue things. They went shopping and she actually tried to get my D. to buy a bra. My D. told her it wasn't going to happen and to give it up. But still it went on, and on, and on.

Those of us who are brafree and love it, and love the female body and don't see anything wrong with how we look, and don't believe we should have to hide it away should be bold and out there enough so that we are seen by those who have hang ups and would tell us how to dress and have us cover up and try to make us feel ashamed of ourselves. We have nothing to be ashamed of. We were created beautifully by the Masters hand. (sorry for the run on sentence)

Anudist
Anudist

February 6th, 2006, 2:41 pm #2

I know about sil's and other family members. I emphatize with you and your daughter.

However, what I find surprising is yous SIL's issues. Oregon is supposedly the most tolerant state but maybe she doesn't think that that applies to her.

In Oregon, it is ok to be topfree provided not lewd but few know or take advantage of this. Remember the Mall Case?

There was a woman at a mall who removed her top when she was outside of the mall. It just so happens that the area where she was was visible to an office building for Symantec. Some employees took it upon themselves to write to police about this behaviour on company letter head and the woman was cited. However, Symantec corporation did NOT approve of the letter and the woman got an apology from the company.

Have no idea what the other outcomes were however, as it seemed to have become, as it should, a non-issue.

February 6th, 2006, 2:48 pm #3

I hadn't heard about Oregon's topfreedom. Last I knew the laws in Oregon for nudity included any part of a woman's nipple/areola as indecent. I wonder when It all changed.

I have been away from Oregon so long. I hadn't heard about the case with Symantec either. That is interesting that they would side with the woman. Cool.

As for my sil...she has issues, and so I am really not too surprised. I was actually more surprised that my daughter didn't tell me sooner. She didn't want to upset me, I guess. It is all so stupid, I mean, to get in someones business like that about underwear. Sheesh!

Nat

February 6th, 2006, 3:24 pm #4

Just recently I learned about a bad situation my oldest daughter had to deal with when visiting family in Oregon last year. My daughter and her husband went to visit all our family and planned on staying with the various mambers for two weeks. My sister in law proved to be quite a thorn in my daughters side during this time.

When they showed up one day my S.I.L. told my D. that she had to change her t-shirt before her young son got home and saw it. The shirt had a beautiful print of Bettie Page, a 50's pin-up model, all down the front. My D. questioned her but changed the shirt in an attempt to keep the peace. (she changed into one that had big letters spelling out WHITE TRASH written accross the front. Ha!)

Also for a week my D. endured my S.I.L.'s comments and attempts to get her to put on a bra. She'd say things like, "You're sagging." and other obnoxious and untrue things. They went shopping and she actually tried to get my D. to buy a bra. My D. told her it wasn't going to happen and to give it up. But still it went on, and on, and on.

Those of us who are brafree and love it, and love the female body and don't see anything wrong with how we look, and don't believe we should have to hide it away should be bold and out there enough so that we are seen by those who have hang ups and would tell us how to dress and have us cover up and try to make us feel ashamed of ourselves. We have nothing to be ashamed of. We were created beautifully by the Masters hand. (sorry for the run on sentence)
I think it's great that your daughter stood her line and refused to give in on the bra issue.
It's time more women stood up to these busybody prudes and tell them where to get off.

February 6th, 2006, 4:20 pm #5

I am proud of her too!

A good girl
A good girl

February 10th, 2006, 8:25 pm #6

When I go to someones house... I try to follow their rules... if i don't like the rules then I leave... You might think its rude what your S.I.L. was asking, but I think its pretty rude to hassle someone whos house you are staying in... Sounds like your D is stubborn and disrespectful, if she were a nudist should your S.I.L. have to put up with having a naked relative in her house all the time?

A good girl
A good girl

February 10th, 2006, 8:34 pm #7

Sorry, but when youre a guest, you should make an effort to abide by the rules of the house. How rude of your daughter to think she can make everyone else feel uncomfortable in their own home. Considering that the amount of time they were there, constitutes such a small drop of time in her life, i dont see why a mature adult woman cant wear a bra for a week. Sorry, but i think youre wrong on this.

Good Girls are Better
Good Girls are Better

February 10th, 2006, 8:39 pm #8

Liberals think they can go around and corrupt everybody else with their bullcrap and lack of morals. It's her sister-in-law's house so follow her rules. If it were me I would have kicked her out until she put on a bra. I also feel bad that their young son had to be exposed to it. It's almost like a sexual predator preying on him.

peter
peter

February 10th, 2006, 9:36 pm #9

Sorry, but when youre a guest, you should make an effort to abide by the rules of the house. How rude of your daughter to think she can make everyone else feel uncomfortable in their own home. Considering that the amount of time they were there, constitutes such a small drop of time in her life, i dont see why a mature adult woman cant wear a bra for a week. Sorry, but i think youre wrong on this.
No, actually she was right!! She didn't give in! It happens to be my sisters house and I told my daughter to stand her ground always.
Let us turn the table and say the house hold ascribed to a bra free life style and my daughter was a strict wearer of bras. would the the demand not to wear one be just as accepable?

peter
peter

February 10th, 2006, 9:47 pm #10

Liberals think they can go around and corrupt everybody else with their bullcrap and lack of morals. It's her sister-in-law's house so follow her rules. If it were me I would have kicked her out until she put on a bra. I also feel bad that their young son had to be exposed to it. It's almost like a sexual predator preying on him.
Lets get some facts straight here shall we?
It was MY sisters house, her Aunt.
My daughter is a married adult who is actually very moral as well as conservative in thought / philosophy.
The house hold in question is truely the one that is immoral.
The next time you nip in the cold, if you are indeed a female, I should hope you are held to the same standard you espouse and are arrested for indecency and should there be children around that you be prosecuted for indecency with a child. Just think about it before you step in/ on it!