Two weeks

Two weeks

Jenn
Jenn

December 31st, 2011, 2:34 pm #1

Well - it has been almost two weeks since I have had a bra on - I guess that counts! lol The only problem is going back to wearing one next week. I would love to continue but it would not be appropriate - and would be noticed I'm sure. But it has been a wonderful vacation!

Nat

December 31st, 2011, 3:39 pm #2

Too bad this is not 40 years ago Jenn, when bra-freedom was quite fashionable. It began during the 1960s with hippies and feminists and then gain national attention when feminists tried to burn bras at the 1968 Miss American pageant as a symbol of "women enslavement".

. . . .

This bra-burning fad then spread across college campuses in 1969 and soon the no-bra (or "natural-look bosom") was a main-stream fashion among young women. This continued through the 1970s before fading in the early '80s when bras once again became a mandatory requirement of womanhood.

But there is good reason to dispense with tit-bags- even an association of bound-up boobies and cancer- see http://www.all-natural.com/bras.html
. . . . .

December 31st, 2011, 3:42 pm #3

Well - it has been almost two weeks since I have had a bra on - I guess that counts! lol The only problem is going back to wearing one next week. I would love to continue but it would not be appropriate - and would be noticed I'm sure. But it has been a wonderful vacation!
Congrats Jenn! Great to hear from you. Seems like the bra-free living has been most enjoyable. Although I am a male, returning to wearing a bra sounds like a similar thing of having to return to wearing "tighty whitey" underwear. Just my best guess; however, enjoy the days you don't have to wear one and try not to think of next week.

I am certain the freedom has been great... Enjoy while you can!

Have a Happy New Year!
Bob
Last edited by TubaDawg on December 31st, 2011, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 31st, 2011, 3:48 pm #4

Too bad this is not 40 years ago Jenn, when bra-freedom was quite fashionable. It began during the 1960s with hippies and feminists and then gain national attention when feminists tried to burn bras at the 1968 Miss American pageant as a symbol of "women enslavement".

. . . .

This bra-burning fad then spread across college campuses in 1969 and soon the no-bra (or "natural-look bosom") was a main-stream fashion among young women. This continued through the 1970s before fading in the early '80s when bras once again became a mandatory requirement of womanhood.

But there is good reason to dispense with tit-bags- even an association of bound-up boobies and cancer- see http://www.all-natural.com/bras.html
. . . . .
Wow! Those numbers are staggering Nat. I hope others will read the research. Really had no idea that length of time wearing a bra had a correlation to breast cancer occurrences. After reading that, I concur that it is a very good reason for women to seriously consider ditching the bra for health sake. Thanks for the article.

Jenn
Jenn

December 31st, 2011, 3:51 pm #5

It has been great. My mom mentioned it while she was here for Christmas but after I told her I was on vacation she let it drop. Bob - I guess I am like you - dont really know - but I guess I have a better understanding why the boys prefer to go without!

Nat

December 31st, 2011, 4:04 pm #6

Clothing is a form of "body bondage", Jenn. When garments are worn, not for protection against cold- but to confine and prevent the natural movement of our body parts- it does have deleterious effects.

Unfortunately, societal pressure- in the form of prudes who wish to hide the body- and merchants who wish to profit by selling people things they don't need, often overcome common sense.
. . . . .

forever brafree
forever brafree

June 23rd, 2012, 6:31 pm #7

Hi, Two weeks. By all means, continue being brafree. Here is how I do it. For really hot weather, I wear loose blouses a size larger than the perfect fit for me. They are totaly opaque
with very busy designs on the front like flowers, stripes, checks, or dark colours, or two breast pockets. That way, people have to be really focusing in on it to notice your nipples.Now, to tackle the movement issue. Remember, there are alot of brassieres that do allow movement (no or light support) most will just assume you are wearing one of these. In cooler weather, just wear a camisole or undershirt beneath your tops. You will find, after a few months, that your ligaments have strengthened so you move around less.

Nat

June 24th, 2012, 7:34 am #8

You may be interested in The Breast Freedom Forum, a website I had a few years ago.
Here is a sample of it- http://web.archive.org/web/200410130558 ... rum/157869

You can still read many of the posts in the back pages of POTPOURRI like here- http://www.network54.com/Forum/157869/page-65
. . . . .

June 24th, 2012, 2:56 pm #9

Hi, Two weeks. By all means, continue being brafree. Here is how I do it. For really hot weather, I wear loose blouses a size larger than the perfect fit for me. They are totaly opaque
with very busy designs on the front like flowers, stripes, checks, or dark colours, or two breast pockets. That way, people have to be really focusing in on it to notice your nipples.Now, to tackle the movement issue. Remember, there are alot of brassieres that do allow movement (no or light support) most will just assume you are wearing one of these. In cooler weather, just wear a camisole or undershirt beneath your tops. You will find, after a few months, that your ligaments have strengthened so you move around less.
Welcome, forever brafree! Thanks for posting. It's great to hear of your experience. Congrats on ditching the brassieres. Another point for free bodies not bound by elastic and other junk.

Confirmation of reply: