TSA controversy

TSA controversy

cool beans boi
cool beans boi

November 20th, 2010, 4:23 pm #1

So what is everyone's opinion of the new enhanced TSA screening at aiports?
I feel that Americans, as usual. are crying like spoiled brats.

Do people really think these agents are getting off "feeling up" airline passengers? We are so damn puritanical in this country. We say we all want to be safe on airplanes but we don't want to take the steps necessary to achieve that goal
Also, it makes me laugh when people say they are worried about the radiation from the full body scanner, these are the same people that have a cell phone to their head 4 hours a day.

Chris

Nat

November 20th, 2010, 4:39 pm #2

Are you following the discussion about this at TFF?

Bob
Bob

November 21st, 2010, 2:48 pm #3

Do people really think these agents are getting off "feeling up" airline passengers? We are so damn puritanical in this country. We say we all want to be safe on airplanes but we don't want to take the steps necessary to achieve that goal
Also, it makes me laugh when people say they are worried about the radiation from the full body scanner, these are the same people that have a cell phone to their head 4 hours a day.

Chris
Personally, I wouldn't want to have to frisk most of these people. And, unless you are gay, who is enjoying it anyway? (males check males, females check females). When you consider that the alternative to the pat-downs and scans could be blowing up in mid-flight, it is a very small inconvenience. Personally, it doesn't affect me, as I rarely fly.

cool beans boi
cool beans boi

November 21st, 2010, 4:21 pm #4

Are you following the discussion about this at TFF?
Hey Nat, your points at the TFF are right on

November 22nd, 2010, 11:48 am #5

Chris
Do not presume to speak for all of us.

Marv
Marv

November 22nd, 2010, 10:16 pm #6

Fanatics complain about a topless snow-woman and got their way
They complain about a man making coffee nude in his house and got him arrested
they complain about nursing women, and are removed from airplanes and restaurants etc. even when laws protect them
they complain about male nipples on bill boards an got them removed
They are made to air brush the nipples off hollywood pictures, and the list go on and on and on, I WONDER HOW THIS AIRPORT, TSA THIS GOING TO PLAY OUT
P.S. I forgot they tried to close a topless coffee shop, didn't work so they burned it down and got away with it

Nat

November 22nd, 2010, 10:56 pm #7

Oh I don't think there is any doubt that body bashfulness is what's really behind this uproar. We have been on this bashful trend ever since the early '80s and if it keeps up men will be back to wearing shirts at the beach and women will have to be covered all the way to their toes even at the beach.

. . . . . . . . .

Marv
Marv

November 23rd, 2010, 4:34 am #8

I'm sure that plays a big part in it, How do some of these people deal with being in hospitals and Doctors office's, To bad these people can't talk (long distance) to the people that lost their lives on 9-11
Life would be so much easier if so many people didn't have such a negative attitude toward the human body. Everybody has seen it, male or female anyway

Nat

November 23rd, 2010, 4:46 am #9

As I've said many times- bashfulness just causes anxiety, inconvenience and embarrassment.

And can even cost someone their life if they are too embarrassed to have a serious medical condition checked out.

Bob
Bob

December 3rd, 2010, 7:25 pm #10

Chris
I'd like to take credit for this idea, but it just came to me in an e-mail:

Here's a simple solution to the controversy over full-body scanners at airports.

Develop an enclosed booth that passengers step into, but instead of X-raying them, when the door closes it will detonate any explosive device they have hidden on or in their body. The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth.

There would be no concern about racial profiling. The booth would eliminate the intrusive scans and pat-downs.

You're in the airport and you hear a muffled explosion, followed by an announcement over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers, we now have a seat available on flight number..."

This would be a win-win for everyone . . . except terrorists!