Topless Humans Organized for Natural Genetics

Topless Humans Organized for Natural Genetics

August 8th, 2004, 8:02 pm #1

Yeah, it's been practically forever since I posted here, but I just wanted to let you all know about the above organization for which I volunteer (and despite the word "topless" included in the organization's name, it's not at all sexual). THONG is an offshoot of another organization I belong to called Genewise, and both groups warn our local community--Chicago--about the real and possible health risks associated with genetically-modified food. We've only had one topfree action (at least that I know of), but we've thrown four cool parties since the group's inception. Since attending these parties, I really started to view topfreedom as really no big deal, and practically routine. But since I don't want to risk being accused of being a spammer, any interested BFF members may email me for more info .

P.S. On a personal note, I should admit that I've been much more comfortable talking to female THONG partygoers whose breasts are painted. But I have briefly talked to some partygoers who were truly bare-breasted, so I'm getting there :D.

August 9th, 2004, 12:20 pm #2

Can we take it that this works in much the same way as, say, the fur protest groups like PETA?
http://www.peta.org/mc/index.asp

(The Slogan says: "Give Fur the Cold Shoulder" - and yes, that is Ms. Anderson, and was a billboard)

August 10th, 2004, 11:34 pm #3

For the most part, but we don't have anywhere near the budget of PETA, so we sure as heck can't afford Pam Anderson . And THONG also doesn't yet have the budget for press releases, so all of our actions (past and future) are planned but unannounced .

August 10th, 2004, 11:47 pm #4

And yet again I forgot to include my name. Anyway, as you'll note, I have a new email address through Comcast if you want to get in touch with me, and you'll find it by clicking on my username .