Topfree Theme Parks

Topfree Theme Parks

Mike
Mike

July 24th, 2003, 12:18 am #1

I know y'all had a little discussion a few weeks back about Disney not having topfreedom at the disney parks. Well even though im sure they wouldnt ever allow it there, they do at other parks and ive even seen it, so im just wondering, what do you all think about that? I think itd be an interesting question and a change from all the tampon and bathroom discussion we've been having here the past few days, most of which I think is absurd and not what this forum is about. So what do yall think about Parks like Magic Mountain and other such places having topfreedom for bother men and women?

Anudist
Anudist

July 24th, 2003, 1:56 am #2

I know you are talking about Scream Parks but I think that a better launching point would be water parks. However, I don't know of any in the US that allow topfree use --- HOWEVER, in Europe many waterparks are topfree and some even allow nude "sun" bathing.

JB
JB

July 24th, 2003, 2:02 am #3

I know y'all had a little discussion a few weeks back about Disney not having topfreedom at the disney parks. Well even though im sure they wouldnt ever allow it there, they do at other parks and ive even seen it, so im just wondering, what do you all think about that? I think itd be an interesting question and a change from all the tampon and bathroom discussion we've been having here the past few days, most of which I think is absurd and not what this forum is about. So what do yall think about Parks like Magic Mountain and other such places having topfreedom for bother men and women?
I am going to stick my neck out on this one and possibly be flamed, but I think there are safety issues involved too, for both men and women. Clothing provides protection. At a theme park, I assume there might be places where there would be some risk of injury to bare skin and I don't think people should go topfree in such places.

What sort of "progressive" theme park allows people to be topfree? I think men and women should be treated the same, but I don't know if a theme park is someplace where it is appropriate to be topfree or barefoot.

JB
JB

July 24th, 2003, 2:04 am #4

I know you are talking about Scream Parks but I think that a better launching point would be water parks. However, I don't know of any in the US that allow topfree use --- HOWEVER, in Europe many waterparks are topfree and some even allow nude "sun" bathing.
I think water parks would be an exception to what I said in another post and being topfree would not be out of place there.

Anudist
Anudist

July 24th, 2003, 2:57 am #5

I am going to stick my neck out on this one and possibly be flamed, but I think there are safety issues involved too, for both men and women. Clothing provides protection. At a theme park, I assume there might be places where there would be some risk of injury to bare skin and I don't think people should go topfree in such places.

What sort of "progressive" theme park allows people to be topfree? I think men and women should be treated the same, but I don't know if a theme park is someplace where it is appropriate to be topfree or barefoot.
You are not alone.

I do not necessarily agree that Theme Parks (AKA: Scream Parks) should be topfree for either male or female. (see comments under prior Disney discussion).

However, then again, if men have the right at a particular theme park to be topfree then I would have to agree that women should have the same right regardless of age, sex, or creed.

Lets hope that this tree branch doesn't break!

:GRIN:

Mike
Mike

July 24th, 2003, 3:20 am #6

Yeah but itd be easy there cuz people are almost all topfree and its the norm and all girl would have to do is get rid of their bikini tops. I dont think itd make much of a diffrerence unless u try it at other parks, as long as its not disney ones, you could try there after ya try at the other ones.

Mike
Mike

July 24th, 2003, 3:22 am #7

I think water parks would be an exception to what I said in another post and being topfree would not be out of place there.
It wouldnt really help women though because topfree is the norm thwere and it wouldnt have much of an impact u gotta do it where it isnt the norm.

Mike
Mike

July 24th, 2003, 3:29 am #8

That should be up to the invidual themselves, there are caution signs in such places where there might be harm and if people are not cautious then it is their own fault. Most parks excell on saftey though and so usually unless someone is being obnoxious then they are usually safe. People in tank tops and bikini tops *commonly worn at parks* are no more tsafe than bare chested people.

Mike
Mike

July 24th, 2003, 3:41 am #9

You are not alone.

I do not necessarily agree that Theme Parks (AKA: Scream Parks) should be topfree for either male or female. (see comments under prior Disney discussion).

However, then again, if men have the right at a particular theme park to be topfree then I would have to agree that women should have the same right regardless of age, sex, or creed.

Lets hope that this tree branch doesn't break!

:GRIN:
I beleive in the right of the individual to decide when its right to be topfree and when its not. I mean cmon people we r responsible adults here, we do not need some money grubbin organization worrying about our health, that is our concern and if we r stupid then we should have to deal with the consequences, thats why they have saftey signs and things that tell you what is safe and where it is safe and people need to use their good judgement, I mean you wouldnt suggest someone go topfree in a rain storm on a street but some ppl like that so they should have the right to do it even though it isnt suggested. When it comes to people's bodies, the individual needs to be in control of it and no one else.

JB
JB

July 24th, 2003, 1:22 pm #10

Whether a tank top qualifies as a shirt is iffy, it probably qualifies as one even at theme parks, but a bikini top is definitely not a shirt.

I think at least a tank top or t-shirt should be worn at most theme parks. Again though, if men are not required to wear at least that much, the same should be true for women. If the management at the park does not think it is appropriate for women to walk around bare-chested at their theme park, that's fine, but then men should cover up also.