this is sad

this is sad

November 25th, 2004, 4:53 pm #1

I spotted the following in a daily paper here in the UK
'Geri Halliwell has revealed the secret to her curvaceous figure - she wears a bra to bed. The former Spice Girl tell Heat magazine: 'The key for me is that since I was 19 I've worn a bra to bed. It really stops gravity taking its toll. When I'm an old woman I can look back and think "look how perky they were"'

How sad is that! Not only is this girl deluding herself completely, but more importantly, she is such as icon that every young woman who reads this will begin to think the same way and follow her example. What a disaster!

Nat

November 25th, 2004, 8:44 pm #2

From what I read in teen forums, it's already pretty common for today's teen girls to sleep in bras.
Many of them think bras are as indispensable as underpants and take them off only to shower.

Mike
Mike

November 26th, 2004, 7:14 am #3

I spotted the following in a daily paper here in the UK
'Geri Halliwell has revealed the secret to her curvaceous figure - she wears a bra to bed. The former Spice Girl tell Heat magazine: 'The key for me is that since I was 19 I've worn a bra to bed. It really stops gravity taking its toll. When I'm an old woman I can look back and think "look how perky they were"'

How sad is that! Not only is this girl deluding herself completely, but more importantly, she is such as icon that every young woman who reads this will begin to think the same way and follow her example. What a disaster!
Well you would hope that most teens would have enough common sense to actually consider the facts and not think that just because some famous person says that something is true that it necessarily is. This is obviously an individual who does not have the guts to accept her body as it is and is actually decieving herself and those around her and is going to have a very big shock later in life when she finds her "perky" breasts areint so perky anymore and actually finds out that had she not worn her bra to bed so much that she would actually keep her breasts from becoming perky so soon. If people are so guilable and ignorant that they take simply what this person says as a fact then theyve got problems.

Mike
Mike

November 26th, 2004, 7:22 am #4

From what I read in teen forums, it's already pretty common for today's teen girls to sleep in bras.
Many of them think bras are as indispensable as underpants and take them off only to shower.

I think bras need to be disposed of or at least restricted so that guilable teens do not have this option and do not get brainwashed and sucked into this state of mind where they feel they must wear something that is quite ugly unnatural artificial unhealthy and just something that is completely unecessary and doesnt help them whatsoever! If they could not get access to bras or didnt know about them then they would not feel they need them and feel like they have to wear them so much. I think there are very few if any reasons for anybody to wear bras but for the most part they are sometihng that would best be disposed of so that our young generation doesnt have to be exposed to them and have their self image and life be ruined as a result of them. The last thing some girl needs to be doing is wearing a bra to bed, that is just absurd. Only a person with an unatural unhealthy tendancy or state of mind would even want to or concieve of doing such a thing.

November 26th, 2004, 12:39 pm #5

"Many of them think bras are as indispensable as underpants ..."

Thats true! Forget underpants and bras also

Jodi
Jodi

November 26th, 2004, 1:24 pm #6

I think bras need to be disposed of or at least restricted so that guilable teens do not have this option and do not get brainwashed and sucked into this state of mind where they feel they must wear something that is quite ugly unnatural artificial unhealthy and just something that is completely unecessary and doesnt help them whatsoever! If they could not get access to bras or didnt know about them then they would not feel they need them and feel like they have to wear them so much. I think there are very few if any reasons for anybody to wear bras but for the most part they are sometihng that would best be disposed of so that our young generation doesnt have to be exposed to them and have their self image and life be ruined as a result of them. The last thing some girl needs to be doing is wearing a bra to bed, that is just absurd. Only a person with an unatural unhealthy tendancy or state of mind would even want to or concieve of doing such a thing.
If bras were banned to young women and not older there would be all the young girls sneaking around to wear bras just like they are smoking.

The best answer is still education.

Nat

November 26th, 2004, 5:09 pm #7

"Many of them think bras are as indispensable as underpants ..."

Thats true! Forget underpants and bras also
Yes, I think most of us here know that underpants are not indispensable at all.

But not many young people would agree.

Today's young people are very different than my generation which questioned and rebelled against societal norms. Young people today are much more conservative, more traditionalists. If society tells them they should wear bras, they accept this without question.

All this was forecast in Strauss and Howel's book "Generations" where they researched history and found that successive generations cycle back and forth between rebellion and conformism. My '60s hippie generation were the rebels, today's young people are the conservative traditional conformists generation.

michaela
michaela

November 26th, 2004, 5:54 pm #8

So when are we going to get hippies again, and what will they be called this time?

Nat

November 26th, 2004, 7:52 pm #9

Who knows. In the 1920s they were called "Flappers".

Best time I never lived in.

michaela
michaela

November 26th, 2004, 8:21 pm #10

Then the fifties had beatniks, I think? But I don't really know if they were actually counter cultural.